“White Sands Negril”

White Sands Negril
Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Negril
“White Sands Negril”
Reviewed July 9, 2003

I have been vacationing at White Sands for over 10 years. I love this place!!!! But its my secret...and I haven't learned to share yet....share things like the best beach, best bar (drink specials every day), best sunsets, clearest water, great staff, great value rooms and apartments....and I certainly don't want anyone there when I come back next year for my wedding anniversary....my wife says to tell you she wants it all to herself!!! OK.....if you are into relaxing and having fun at the best of best in NEGRIL...I guess we will share it with you!!!!! Fred and Kathy W.

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 8, 2003

we have been going to white sands for 14 years, and we call it our home away from home. all of the staff there have become family.We look forward to going each year to meet the families that we have grown to love. I would recommend going to white sands, if you want that caring family enviroment.we were married there in March of 1999 and have returned every year since. hope to see you there, say Hi when you see us on the beach.
Debi & Howard Booth

Reviewed July 7, 2003

My wife and I stayed at the White Sands in Negril from Feb. 20 to March 1. We appreciated the gardenside apartments because they are larger, more private, and close the the office and fresh water pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the General Manager, Francis Williams. The hotel safety deposit boxes were very useful to me when my wife left to go back to work and I was in the room by myself. The grounds are gorgeous with a large variety of fruit and flowering trees.
White Sands has its own restaurant and nightly 2 for 1 drinks. There are a large number and varietyof other restaurants close by. Their beach is very nice and has comfortable beach chairs. The rooms are very reasonable and they get a number of extended stay visitors. A big up to theWhite Sands and its staff.

Reviewed July 7, 2003

White Sands Resorts in Negril has been my Paradise for the last 23 years! I have traveled to other destinations but keep coming back yearly to the same place! They have everything to offer! Beautiful beach property, bar/resturant (breakfast & lunch items) on the beach and the friendist staff in town. It is run by a family, which makes YOU feel like family. Young or old, rich or poor, White Sands has a place in the sun for YOU!

Reviewed July 7, 2003

We started going to White Sands Nigril in 1997 and have been back every year since then. The reasons are too numerous to mention. But the main reason is that, Francis and the staff at White Sands treat my wife and I as very good, old friend coming home, not as just guests at a corporate hotel.This year we were there with another couple. They were telling someone on the beach that we were here on vacation. Not knowing they were talking to a friend of ours, Henry replied, "you may be on vacation man, but Leon and Carol just came home." Now if that dosn't make you feel at home, I don't know what will.It's like a reunion every year, we see old friends and make new ones. We now have friend from Sweden, Germany, and other states in the U.S. and of course, Jamaica.You must experience the hospitality that White Sands was to offer. You will not get this personalized treatment at the big corporate hotels, trust me. White Sands is a wonderful resort!

Reviewed July 6, 2003

We stayed at White Sands in February for 1 week and I tell you it is not enough.Not only was the property gorgeous but the staff were extremely wonderful. They are very friendly and always willing to help. If its a massage on the beach or a drink at the bar, White Sands makes your relaxing vacation feel like you are at home. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we are going back again in November. Hope to see you all there.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 6, 2003

During our recent visit to Jamaica we stayed at the White Sands Hotel in Negril. They are conveniently located by the beach. We stayed in one of their gardenside rooms and it was wonderful. The plants and flowers are really colourful and there were quite a few mango trees bearing fruit (yum!). Our daughter especially enjoyed checking out the birds and rabbits that are kept on site. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Having a kitchenette was defintelya plus and helped to cut down on costs. The price of the room was very good value too. For once we didn't go overbudget!