“Nightmare of A Trip”
Review of Hedonism II

Hedonism II
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed August 12, 2007

My husband and I just recently returned from Hedo II. We were there from July 21, 2007 - August 1, 2007. This was a trip a complete nightmare!!

We had 3 rooms in 5 days. The first room we had we did not have hot water or ac and the remote for the TV did not work. At first I thought that maybe this was just a fluke and waited it out for 2 days. After the 2nd day my husband and I went to the front desk and asked to be moved. We waited for over and hour and a half while they searched rooms so they could find a room that had both hot water and ac. Finally we moved to room 2 and the ac is working great! We have hot water and the remote works. We were in this room for 2 days. We came back to the room one evening at around 1:30 am to find a Security Guard outside of our room and our room door was partially opened. Apparently the ac broke and flooded our room. My clothes were in my suitcase which was on the floor. All of my clothes were completely wet expect for the clothes I was wearing. When we opened the door to the room there was so much water in the room that my shoes literally floated out of the door and landed in front of me!! The Guard was in the process of writing a report about the incident and the items that were damaged. One of the items that got wet was my husbands IPod & Speakers. The Guard refused to list the IPod on the report as being damaged he only listed the clothing and the shoes!!

Last year my husband and I experienced the Nude side at Grand Lido Braco. We had never done this before and were overwhelmed by the hospitality shown by both the staff and the guests. They both made us feel so comfortable and so welcome. Lido has both a nude side and prude side but that is the only similarity between the two. We were not prepared for what we experienced at Hedo II. If you are not a LIFESTYLER then you have no business at Hedo II. On the nude side of Hedo II we saw EVERYTHING that you could possibly imagine. These people make no attempt or effort to be discreet about it! At Lido we meet so many great people. At Hedo we were not comfortable speaking to any one for fear that we would be mistaken for Lifesylers!!

Guests beware of the locals. This is the only resort that I have ever seen that allows locals to come in. The local men were clearly there for one reason and that was to hook up with the guests. They are all over the resort every night!!

We have been to Jamaica several times and have been very pleased with the hospitality that we have been shown. At ALL of the other Resorts we have stayed we have been waited on hand and foot and have wanted for nothing. Not so with this Resort. The only time that we were waited on was when we sat down for a meal. The staff offered to get us a drink and after that we were on our own.

The food was not good and there was not much of a selection. We noticed several times that they served the same item many times. For example one morning they had baked beans on the buffet. They were also on the lunch buffet and again on the dinner buffet, they were also offered again on the buffet the next morning. Interestingly enough each time they were served the serving dish got smaller until they were completely gone. We saw this sort of thing many times.

When we first checked in we were given a list of the daily activities. Aside from that they have and Activity Board in the main dining room that they fill out every day!! What is the point, they hardly did any of the activities. The only thing that was consistent with regards to activities was Lunch Time Spin classes and they had a show of some sort every night in the main dining room. Most o the Entertainment Staff were very personable. Winston, Khorn, Sarge & Ethan are great!!

One evening there in the main dining room after dinner they played games, it was the guys against the girls. When it was all said and done there were 4 guys left. They had 2 guys at a time dancing and of course the audience voted for the best until they came up with a winner. The first two guys got on the dance floor and began to dance when a woman from the audience ran up to the dance floor and put dollar bills in the guys (guests) shorts. When it was time for the other two men to dance off the woman from the audience put dollar bills in their shorts as well. Foxy (Entertainment Director) got up from her seat and went to the dance floor and literally lifted the guys shirts up so that she could take the dollar bills from their shorts. She then went back to her seat. At first we thought it was just a joke and she was going to give the money back to the guests but when the guests tried to get the money back from her she refused to give the money back to them. We lost all respect for her that night. This is far from rude and definitely not behavior I would expect from an employee of the Resort!!

Ike the Piano player in the Piano Bar is GREAT!! He is the best!!

Speaking of employees. At other resorts we have stayed at during breakfast and lunch employees have asked to sit with us. It seems that they are just as curious about our culture as we are theirs. This too went on at Hedo II. However, one of the things that I noticed at Hedo that I have NEVER seen at other resorts is the employees drinking. One afternoon my husband and I went to the dining room for lunch and we noticed a bunch of employees sitting at a table. There was a brand new bottle of Hennessy among other things. In a matter of a short time the employees had drank the entire bottle of Hennessy.

My Birthday was on the 23rd of July and the staff knew it. They did nothing to acknowledge my birthday. There were other guests there that were celebrating their birthdays and the staff made a big deal about it. We were there for 12 days you would think that they could have and would have done something!!!!

I purposely did not take any large bills with me because I didn't know if I would be able to get change for them. There were 2 guests that I know of that tried to get change. One of the guests had a $100.00 bill and the other one had a $20.00 bill. They both went to the front desk to get change and were told that they didn't have any change to give them. They both also tried the jewelry store and the little gift shop and no one would give them change.

HEDO II SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
17  Thank mplsings

Reviewed August 11, 2007

Please do not waste your money on this resort!! All inclusive sounds wonderful, but the food selection was terrible. The hours of service did not fit into my schedule. I felt as if I had to interrupt my relaxation in order to eat. Not my idea of a vacation. The rooms were small and not very clean. There were ants in the washroom and crabs all over the place. The washroom windows have no screens so all kinds of bugs are always in your room.The beach is not clean and pristine as pictured. It was full of seaweed and other algae. The staff was not friendly, and are very young!. There are no paddleboats or parasailing and other activities have cheap material, so we did not feel safe going canoeing or windsurfing. Also the name is a misconception of what hedonism really personifies.
Worst vacation ever!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank lotta40
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Prude or nude its up to you .This was my second trip to Hedonism II in Negril Jamaica . The hotel and grounds are neat and kept clean the food is good (one of Charlies omlettes would be soooo good right now ) the multiple bars are well stocked .The piano bar, disco and a mini casino are also there for your amusement .What makes my stay at Hedonism II the most fun is the STAFF and the other guests .The staff is second to none the work tirelessly to make your stay enjoyable .I have met friends from around the world in my two trips and stay in touch with them between trips. I will be returning to Hedonism II November 2007 . My only note of caution is if you are any of the following things you may not have a good time and may mess up OUR good time . narrow minded , no social skills , a vinnie or wally, bigoted toward other nationalities or races The only race at Hedo is to the pool and bar or maybe the waterslide . To sum things up I must quote a fellow Hedonite " I Love This Place "

John

2  Thank Hedo2dreamin
Reviewed August 5, 2007

"Home Again" says it all once you depart the bus at Hedo II. Your greeted with smiles and "Welcome home mon!" This is our 10 trip and every year is an adventure. At Hedo II you can find what ever your looking for ..a nice quite relaxing vacation or an all out party. The staff is great and it seems like they never sleep and still every day there are those smilling faces welcoming you to another day in paradise. We love everything about the resort from the friends we make each year to the food choices, music and entertaiment you name it its all good at Hedo II
ECC

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank eastcarolinacpls
Reviewed July 10, 2007

stayed at hedo 2 june 20-24. hadn't been to this superclubs property in about 10 years. the location is at far end of negril, thus a taxi or shuttle into town is necessary. the room i stayed in was adequate. however some of my other friends did not have any hot water. the beach and pool area was great. food was decent. the bar area served top shelf and service was quick. the entertainment was ok.

• Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank alt9171964
Reviewed June 25, 2007

I stayed at Hedo 2 the week of june 11. It was in between groups, so if i went again I would try to book on a busier week. I did have alot of fun, but it was not crowded. My main problem I had with the hotel was the food. Choices were very limited in variety and on my fourth day I became sicker than I'd ever had been. I did everything I could to get back in the states. I went to my doctor on Monday only to find out I had SALMONELLA!!!!!! I have been sick for 13 days now, missed four days of work, and lost 15 lbs!!! I'm finally feeling better to even contact the hotel now, wish me luck!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank kellyjelly
HedonismJamaica, Director of Sales at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Greetings,

I am responding to this review to acknowledge the comments and complaints generated as a result of the resort's old ownership and its decline prior to 2013.

New ownership has invested millions of dollars in infrastructure, product upgrades and overall renovations and enhancements. Take a look at the most recent reviews and you will see this is in fact the truth of what Hedo is today.

If you have not returned recently, we encourage you to do so. You will not be disappointed.

Randymon
Director of Sales and Marketing
Hedonism II

Reviewed June 13, 2007

If you make just the tiniest effort you can't fail to have a good time at this resort. The entertainment staff are just the best!
Other reviews here sum the place up exactly. Great party place, slightly tired but perfectly acceptable rooms. Spotlessly clean, excellent service, great location.
Take the air taxi service (TIM AIR) and save yourself a two hour coach trip from Montego Bay airport.
Get yourself on the nude beach on day one in your own quiet spot, and by the end of the day you will be joining with the rest of the crowd up by the pool.
You only live once. Just go there!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple