“Excellent Choice”

Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed May 1, 2006

My wife and I visited Hedonism 2 from April 14-22, 2006. I must say it was an awesome vacation value. The fun and entertainment was non stop. It was obvious that the staff really cared if you were enjoying yourself, from the GM down to the wait staff and bartenders. The rooms are not posh, but they are clean and comfortable. The showers with 5 heads are literally a BLAST. The food is not gourmet, but it is tasty and plentiful. There are several restaurants to choose from and the Munasan Japanese type restaurant and Pastafari Italian cuisine are excellent. Whether you want to go full throttle or simply relax and enjoy the tropical paradise, this is an excellent vacation value. A word of caution, this is a very "adult" resort with a nude beach and activities such as Pajama parties and toga parties. No one will ever try to get you to do something you are not comfortable with, and the themes are fun even if you choose to just observe. But, if adults dressed in very sexy attire offneds you, then choose another resort. If you want to explore your wild side a bit, and want to enjoy a beautiful tropical location with an all inclusive feature, this is the place for you.

23 Thank 99FrankS99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 19, 2006

Stop stressing, relax, then plan your trip to Hedonism II. You will not want to leave. In fact I cried the first time I had to leave. Its everything positive you've ever heard. As for negative experiences during vacations, sometimes our energy draws negative situation to us, then we report those negative experiences for the world to hear about. For these reasons, we unconsciously expect something to go wrong and when it does, we say "I told you so." I expected to have a good time and a good time is what I had. I didn't go to party, get drunk and be wild, which is the only image this resort seems to have. This is why people are shocked that I keep going there when I tell them I go for peace, quiet, to destress and get centered. It's a shame that it isn't known for this, but this is my experience and that of others whom I met. If you want to be able to relax, feel peaceful, not have to worry about security, safety, cleanliness, convenience and good accomodations, book your reservation for Hedo, you won't be dissappointed. Security is all over the property. In fact, you don't always feel alone, because you know they are there lurking in the shadows watching everything.

I just returned from my 3rd trip at HEDO II. With all the resorts I can visit, why would I return to the same resort 3 times? Because it feels like home. I met several couples 2 weeks ago who have been coming for 13-15 years, and they weren't trying to explain why. It's obvious. Perhaps you need to see it to believe it. The grounds are so well cared for; the staff is so pleasant, the management is so professional; the chefs are so talented.

The liquor is the quality you have access to where you live, in fact so much liquor, you won't be drinking as much as you would expect. Liquor and the sun don't mix very well. If you plan to drink a lot, stay out of the sun. You will be so sluggish and out of it from the alcohol that it may take you a few days to recover and if you only have 7 days there, you will want to slap yourself for being so foolish. Don't get overly excited by all the bars you have access too. Just drink moderately as you would at home. If you want to get wasted, do so your last night there, and recover from your hangover at home. I wasn't able to enjoy all the liquor because it has a negative effect in my body. I was able to enjoy a glass of champagne at breakfast some mornings that didn't seem to bother me.

The environment is so relaxed, located on a beautiful Island resort. Whatever you want to accomplish on your dream vacation it is there. If you want to be a bum and just lay around all day in the sun, in the hammock, nap on the beds outside or sip on a nice drink in one of the many jaccuzis in and outside, you have that option. If you want your day to be non -stop busy with scuba lessons, snorkeling, wind surfing, jet skiing, rockclimbing, weighttraining or sailing on the catamaran boat, you have that option as well. If you attempt to fit as much activities in as possible the first week, you may find yourself feeling as if you are back as work, so please, plan on staying 2 weeks on your first visit or don't attempt to do it all - I made that mistake. You will be exhausted from the plethora of activities they have.

Work out and reduce your calories a month or so before you arrive, for I assure you, you will gain a few pounds if you love to eat and love desserts. The food is american fare, but it is tasty and in abundance. You are fed 4 times a day, so there will be plenty of food to keep you full. I saw folks taking drinks and food to their room; even ordering room service. The atmosphere is one of total catering to the guest. The ladies that work in the front office are beautiful, makes you wonder if that is conincidental or planned. Then again, all the staff at hedo are beautiful. Jamaican women not only have beautiful voices, but their complexions are flawless, beautiful toned bodies and beautiful faces. The men who work on the property are handsome and the entertainers are well conditioned. Ray Ray is the life of the party, so make sure you check him out each time he is on stage. The circus act is awesome, so please bring your video camera.

Theres plenty of entertainment throughout the week and you will notice people coming in from other places and resorts to enjoy the festivities on day passes, wishing they could afford to stay the full 7 days. Shop around for the best deals. I used superclubs, but whomever you choose, go. Make a list of all the tolietries you will need so that you will not have to run back and forth to the gift shop. As close as it was, I still didn't want to go. I wanted to get away from the sorts of things I do in the states, such as shop and run to the store for needed items, but every thing is there if you need it. The cleaning staff is so kind and do such a great job. Tipping is not allowed, but sneak it too them if you can. The entire staff works so hard and for little wages, compared to the salaries most of us make that allow us to visit these resorts. Their genuine concern and interest in your life is touching and this is why you will feel at home.

You will see people of all races from all parts of the world, but no one bothers you. You are in your own little world, you with your buddies or girlfiiends or your significant other - or even by yourself which is how I roll. The beaches are not crowded at all, especially if you choose a week when no event is scheduled. Make sure you don't miss the sunset at 6:20pm each day. Yes, its nice from Ricks Cafe, but its not private. A professional photographer is cruising the property all day long in case you want to capture that special moment. Please lather on the sun screen,carribean sunburn can be brutal. The gym is absolutely beautiful. All the equipment is new, it is cool and airconditioned, music playing, fitiness balls, stairmasters, freeweights, treadmills - even a dance studio where you can stretch; steam room, dry sauna and of course asauna next door to get pampered and massage. The tennis instructors are top of the line. You are clearly getting what you are paying for. Yes, the disco is open from 11pm to 5 am. You will really love only having to walk 1 minute to get to your room, since the disco is located in the center of the prude and nude side.

As for the nude beach, chill out. If its not your thing, you don't even have to look in that direction, let along take a stroll to that side of the beach. The main dining hall sets between the prude side and the nude side and people are not walking around nude in the main dining area, they are down on the beach on their side of the playground. You will find, that is where most people want to be; standing around the bar in their birthday suit, lying in the sun or sharing a hot tub with total strangers. The bottom line at HEDO is options. My home work is calling. All I can say is what more could you ask for. Feel free to email me if this site allows, but I love HEDO so much (I haven't been to HEDO III) it has caused me to want to move to the country. I thought it was infatuation but realized that I deserve to live in that paradise. If you know of a better one, good for you, but each of us has to determine where our spirit feels peaceful and at home. Hedo, not just for swingers and wild partying, but for people who want to regroup, refocus and get centered. If you want peace of mind, you will find it at Hedonism II. Once you go, you know......

49 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2006

I recently stayed at Hedonism II (March 5 - March 12, 2006)and absolutely loved it!!
It was my first time going, and due to a lot of hearsay about the openess of the other guests that tend to say at the resort, I was a little nervous to say the least. The one thing I can say about Hedo II, is whatever you want your holiday to be, Hedo II is it! If you are looking for a crazy, kinky place, go to the nude side! If you want to just kick back, and relax, stay on the prude side, there was no pressure to partake in anything you didn't want todo, Except for the volleyball. Just kidding!

My intentions of going, was to eat some great food, go to some lively beach parties at night, meet some new friends and relax on the beach during the day. I got all that and more!!
I will start with the activites that are inclued in your stay.

The snorkeling was wonderful, the water sports staff was very patient and always willing to assit the guests. If anybody meets O'Neil (part of the diving staff) tell him his blonde friend, with the great dance moves, from Happy Monday says Hi! For those who are certified divers, no worries here about paying extra to dive, the diving is included! There was also water skiing, and glass bottom boat rides. I met a lot of people my first day, by going on the glass bottom boat tour. It was a nice way to break the ice,although the diry banana drinks may have helped as well!

There was also volleyball, a nude waterslide contest,dance contests (in the dining room during dinner), rock painting and other fun activities. The best part of participating in the guest games, was the Hedo dollars! You are actually paid to have fun. I had enough Hedo dollars to bring back a bottle of rum, which is going to be a birthday gift for one of my lucky friend's!

I enjoyed the food. I loved the jerk chicken at the beach grill. I ate that everyday,even if I wasn't hungry! The buffet usually had a good variety too. Charlie's eggs at breakfast were impecable! All I have to say is that I didn't gain 5 pounds in one week from not eating!!

I appreciated the location of the resort. To go to Alfred's (a beach bar) or The Jungle (a night club), it was about $5 U.S. for a taxi, and there were taxi's all over. Just be sure to negoiate your price before getting in. I also enjoyed the Mayfield Falls tour. It took a little over an hour to drive to the falls, but I feel it was worth experiencing!

Overall, I had a great time. This is one of the best vacations I have had. I am definately going back!

22 Thank hotgal
memphis, Tn
Reviewed April 10, 2006

Hedo rocks! That was an awesome resort. People were nice, staff was awesome..

I was not into being naked, but still had plenty of fun. If that is your thing, go for it...

Check in, great, food, wonderful... Show were great as well. Alcohol, all you can ever want to drink..

My suggestion to visitors is when you go to the resort, don't just stay on the resort. Get out and get a taste of real Jamaica...

Tony is a wonderful cab driver. If ever he gives you a time to come, he will be there to get you...

Everyting is everyting......

7 Thank klo1989
Reviewed April 1, 2006

saw another posting compare sea mountain inn nude resort or nudist resort with hedonism three in Jamaica -we can say having been to negril and palm springs sea mountain inn -we LOVE Jamaica -all great vibe excellent peeps
however we live in the San Fran area and when we cant have this vibe we go to the palm springs sea mountain inn nudist resort-its like hedo two-hedo two has this all night whirlpool and is romantic-the other place does not let single men on the property --

• Stayed April 2005
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver
Reviewed March 15, 2006

It's true , it is adictive! We have traveled all over the world many times and we will be back at hedo ii by next year ! Please remember you are on an island. Weve been to lots of islands and starting with the airport we were pleasantly surprised. Clean and friendly. Hedo II was also clean and friendly. Our room was great and ocean view .Everything worked including the playboy channel and the double shower with body jets. I think some of the people writing reviews are just not very well traveled to island locations and expect it to be like the USA.
As far as all inclusives go we had a great first night buffet( yummy grilled Lobster) and were able to book meals at the better places every evening with no problems. The beach grill was great for hamburgers and jerk chicken& fries.Try the yummy frozen concoction called Miami Vice @ the beach bar
We were Hedo Virgins, but not for long. I'm not sure why people would go to stay on the prude side unless the are hoping to get a glimpse of the nude side people at dinner and events.
The grounds are very nice with plenty of activities and the staff are all very nice. Ive been to many island resorts that I would not return to because of the staff.
THe guests here are very nice and fun loving people, I guess you kind of have to be.** grin** Dont worry about a ting maan. THe only thing I could say bad was that the disco played a lot of music that didnt fit the client base and catered more toward the island residents, but no biggy pelnty of other things to do.
No bug problem, no mole, no ants, no jelly fish..nothing but good things and great fun!!!!Woo-hoo!!!

• Stayed March 2006
26 Thank 2artists
Reviewed March 12, 2006

Hedo II was a complete letdown. I had toured Hedo III on my last trip to Jamaica, and loved it. However it was booked, and because of the claim that Hedo II was "renovated," I assumed the quality would be the same. Please understand that I didn't book a trip to Jamaica to sit in my room, but the rooms were completely unacceptable. They were outdated and in desperate need of attention. The food was poor, the staff unfriendly at times and the atmosphere with other guests was uncomfortable since we were Hedo virgins. Management seemed indifferent to complaints, and given the severity of other guest complaints (no running water, non working toilet, no air conditionin), I was completely overlooked. If Superclubs really does have a Satisfaction guarantee, then it has not been extended my way. I question how they recieved the stars and apples I saw in the travel agents books, and I assume they survive on reputation alone.

• Stayed March 2006