3,170 results
All reviews prude side nude pool piano bar nude grill hot tub kevin levee lorna brammer hedo staff single men beach grills clothing optional resort entertainment staff foam party let loose the main dining area japanese restaurant new friends
Reviewed March 28, 2016

The resort has come a long way with improvements the last couple of years. The food is fantastic, with a great variety to choose from. The staff is friendly and courteous and has more then once gone out of their way to accommodate us. I think Jon Gross and His group the Fluffernutters had the resort buzzing with positive energy all week long. We met plenty of fantastic people and we can not wait to go again!

1  Thank HedoII
HedonismJamaica, Director of Sales at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2016

HedoII,

Thank you for the nicer review We appreciate your comments about all the improvements and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

Great hotel. Lots of fun. Bring lots of suntan lotion. You can get burned where you never burned before!
The reef off the resort about 5 minutes is awesome! Great snorkelling and diving! The water was great!
Nice rooms. Great hot tub. Mirrored ceiling!
Great party atmosphere. Staff are great. Foods good. Older hotel but still very nice. We had a great time. I got a sunburn but it was worth it!

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 743tedn
HedonismJamaica, Director of Sales at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2016

Ted N,,
Thank you for the nice review. While the waterslide has been removed, it is still great to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hedonism II

Reviewed March 26, 2016

This was my 4th visit to H2 and my boyfriend's 1st visit.

Transportation - We used Rocky's. It was easy to arrange with just an email. They were professional and timely. The ride to the resort was in a private taxi and cost $70 total + a tip. There was a short wait for the taxi, but we did get thru customs and immigration very quickly. The return trip was in a shuttle bus and cost $18 per person + tip. The roads are worse than they were 5 years ago.

Resort - My last visit was in 2011, so I appreciated all the new renovations. The new decor in the lobby and dining room is nice. The courtyard is a pleasant place to hang out and enjoy the free wifi. The regular rooms are much the same, but with new bedding and the welcome addition of a mini fridge stocked with waters. The gift shop had a better selection of toys and theme night outfits than on my previous visits. The prices are not overly high for the most part. The piano bar was too loud one night and smelled kind of funky on another night. I enjoyed the disco and the foam party was fun. My boyfriend didn't care for the music and felt there should be more of a variety. The new playroom is a terrific space for pda. My boyfriend and I enjoyed each other in there a few times. It was not busy most nights, with a few couples or groups scattered around on the mattresses here and there. The rules say no unescorted single males, but I did see a male attended let a single male in one night. My only suggestion there is maybe some low, sexy music. It is a little too quiet in there. I love the fact that the former "Prude" side is now clothing optional. It's nice to have a quieter space to spend the day naked. I was also glad to see the two "hidden hot tubs" operational again. They were down the last time I was there.

Service - The good: the restaurant staff was very attentive and friendly, more so than on my past visits. Also glad to see someone coming around on the beach to see if you want a drink. Austin at the omelette station is awesome. Winston is a pleasure to see, as always. Nicolas came around on the beach and introduced himself. The other EC's usually had a friendly "Hello" for us when passing. The bad: The bellman stood in the doorway of our room until he was tipped, even after my boyfriend remarked that he thought tipping was prohibited. He said "You do what you want, mon". We didn't have an iron and ironing board in our room, so I called the front desk around 10pm Saturday night to ask for one. I thought it would be left when the room was cleaned on Sunday, but it was not, so I called the front desk to ask a second time around 3pm Sunday. About half an hour later, the housekeeper knocked and my boyfriend answered the door. She lit into him about how he "should have said something earlier" and "next time let me know, okay?". I was shocked that she was berating him, especially after I had to call twice to get an iron. My boyfriend also had an issue with Tyson in the gym, when taking a red towel just outside the gym to jump rope and do pushups since there was not enough room to do it inside. He said Tyson called out to him from across the gym, in front of other guests working out, that "the red towels stay in the gym". He could have been more tactful and spoken with him privately or just waited a moment to see if he was actually leaving with the towel. We were confused to see a few men who we thought were single male guests since they were in regular clothes and hanging around at parties, talking loudly on phones at the beach and in the nude hot tub at night, but then we saw them working at the resort. One was a muscular guy coaching tennis. Another was stocking bathrooms in the dining area.

Food & Drink - I was glad to see more top shelf liquors offered. The buckets with bottled water on ice are a terrific addition. We did not partake of the coffee bar , the wine bar or the hibatchi restaurant. The food is good with plenty of selection. We had dinner at Pastafari one night and Flame on another night. The steak was quite good at Flame.

Hedo Amigos and Wild Women Vacations - This was the week that fit into our schedule, so I looked at the events list and booked with the Amigos for the group rate. We didn't go out of our way to socialize with the group or participate in the events. Hedo Amigos seem to be a good group for the drinking and partying type. Wild Women Vacations booked the hotel for us. We didn't have any issues arise that required assistance.

All in all, it was a great time. We were lucky enough to escape the sickness that seems to be going around and we didn't get hurt. All the lines were short at the airports and the travel was without incident. We conversed with some very interesting people. We were looking for a quiet and romantic week and the option to be naked and be intimate where ever and whenever we wished. We had the vacation we wanted to have, mostly on the "prude" side by day and the playroom and the nude hot tub at night. Good times! Already plotting our next visit to Hedo!

Room tip: Garden view regular rooms are far from the action and quieter, with the exception of some road noise.
3  Thank Jeanie D

Jeanie D,

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review of Hedonism II. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed many of the improved facilities and enhancements at the resort and we look forward to welcoming you home again in the not-to-distant future.

Reviewed March 25, 2016

This will be a pointed review. I love the staff and fellow travelers. Face it this is the only place to have adult band camp!

My issue is the dilapidated infrastructure. I have been here multiple times with basic hot water issues. This will probably be the last straw. We pay almost 500.00 a night per couple. All i ask for is hot water in which to shower. We stayed in H block, rm 2138. No hot water when trying to get ready for dinner all week.

I will most likely not return. Fixes are on jamaica time. Meaning 2-3 days per complaint. Just the way it runs.

Some will be critical of this post. But, remenber, some folks will live in a tent so they can swing all week.

Room tip: Buy travel and international health insurance
Date of stay: February 2016
12  Thank n21774

n21774,

We sincerely regret any apparent issues you experienced with the water temperature in your room. We value your loyalty to Hedonism II and do hope you give another chance to once again count you amongst the thousands of happy Hedo guests.

Reviewed March 25, 2016

This trip home (3/12 to 3/19) was our first return since Aug 2015, a week after the wall went up around reception, main dining, and the upper pool. Teresa and I expected great results from the renovation project and we were very pleased with the results.

We feel the best improvement for the dining options was the addition of the Sushi Lounge adjacent to Harry San. The lounge offers a complimentary selection of well prepared dishes that taste amazing. There are also at cost items on the menu as well. The atmosphere is really cool, with an open air wall between main dining, separating Harry San and the lounge to an intimate area Teresa and I found very upscale. The new furnishings in main dining are comfortable and reflect a newer upscale atmosphere as well. The improvements for access to the dance floor, coupled with the increased dance floor space, and main stage extension allow for enhanced viewing of the shows and more space to dance and be comfortable.

Finally, the food service areas in main dining now use electric tabletop services for maintaining food temperatures. Gone are the steam tables that contributed major heat to the area. Also, cold tops are also used vice the ice filled salad and dessert coolers. Teresa and I found a marked difference in dining room comfort, much much cooler and very comfortable. Flame continues to serve really flavorful steak offerings and gourmet pizza offerings.

Teresa and I have come to expect the standard inclusive amenities like premium liquors and wines, fresh high quality dining options, and entertainment that is delivered very personally by Outstanding Friends (entertainers).

Annette (reception), thank you for your enduring smile!! That smile alone will keep us coming back home. Teresa and I want to say thank you to the entire staff. The perpetual smiles are contagious and, service from all aspects of this top tier hospitality establishment is difficult to find competition for.

Room tip: East end of the resort is quiet, west end is a party. Both ends have value and upgraded premium rooms.
1  Thank Kirk S

Kirk S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We could not agree more about our staff and we are very pleased to read your appreciation for the staff and the improvements our owners have made over the past few years.

More to come...