“Adult Paradise”
Review of Hedonism II

Hedonism II
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was our third trip to Jamaica but first to Hedo. We were very nervous leading up to this trip because of all of the reviews we have read.. Let me say that THIS PLACE IS AMAZING.... The most fun we have ever had on a vacation..
I was very concerned because the first two trips we made were to a sandals resort and those are beautiful and relaxing but also if you are under 75 they are pretty boring! So we decided to give Hedo II a try and I am so happy we did... Before we left we were wondering why people have been back so many times and thought that was pretty crazy... I honestly don't know if we will ever go any place else... This place is great and all the people saying you have to be a swinger to enjoy yourselves are insane.... The only thing you have to do is have an open mind... There is a lot of things that you see that you don't have to take part in BUT you can...
This place is as fun as you make it... If you sit back and don't participate in the fun games that the awesome staff plans for you then yes you will be bored.. But that's the whole idea of going to Hedo. You don't have to jump in a group of people and do anything bad... There are so many games that it's hard not to have a good time...
The food is really good the Japanese steakhouse is GREAT!! There is always good food on the buffet and the jerk chicken is amazing!!
The only reason I gave this place 4 stars is because they are upgrading the rooms... Once they get them completed this will be the best vacation spot ever if you are not a close minded prude.
The staff is the best we have seen... Fabian, Eaton, Diana, Denise, and Vanessa were the best ever... If you don't have fun with those people something is wrong with you not the resort..
PLEASE do not let the negative reviews keep you from trying this place... Yes there are lots of groups that go but they welcome you into their activities and make you feel like you have known them for years.. And yes right now the rooms are being upgraded and their is some construction going on but you are in Jamaica at Hedo II if you spend very much time at all in your room something is wrong.. It poured one afternoon and we were all still partying in a group of hot tubs!! It was a great time!! The bottom line is you HAVE to try this place!! We will for sure be back!!

• Stayed: October 2013
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Fun-Family-2013 thank you so much for sharing your vacation experience,

I am always excited when I read about making new believers, especially when you can chose anywhere in the world as your vacation destination.

My favorite quote of yours is "This place is as fun as you make it...there are so many games it's hard not to have a good time," as this is what we set out to do. Have a little bit of everything for everyone all the time.

I will share your kind words with all the Entertainment Staff you mentioned & cannot wait to get the extra star on your next trip!

Thanks again,
Your new home

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were at Hedo from Sept. 28 through Oct. 3 making it our third trip in the last two years. After an unusually bad trip from the airport on a bus operated by JTL (driver's name was Smitty) that took almost 2.5 hours, we were more than glad to be back "home" and immediately recognized some of the staff - especially the always helpful and friendly Lorna at guest relations. We booked a garden view prude and requested an upgrade to the nude side (this had worked in the past), but were told that it'd be an "upcharge" of $250 in order to do this. A bit disappointed, we went ahead and paid the difference. We understand that this is a business and that we may have only "lucked out" in previous trips. There are major room renovations taking place, but our room had not had anything whatsoever done to it - including having one of the older televisions. No big deal. It was still very clean and served us well during our stay. For the duration of our stay, we thought the food and selection was very good. We ate at both restaurants (2 times at each), the main dining area for breakfast, lunch and dinner, at the newly renovated nude snack bar and were very happy with all. On a bit of a down side, the occupancy rate was VERY low during this period. You could literally walk from the main dining area to the nude pool without passing a soul and, in fact, that happened several times during our stay. One of the highlights of our trip (as in the past) was getting to see some of our favorite staff members and meet some new ones. Here are the names of a few of our favorites that we can't wait to see again: Paulette, Marlene, Shelly-Ann, Serena, Winston, Kimmola, Michelle-Dove, Delroy, Scumba, Dotsy, Siquo, Oshane and, as mentioned before, Lorna. They are all special to us in different ways and make our already great stay that much better. We look forward to our next trip - probably in Feb - to see the new changes and our friends back "home".

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank workhard_playhard
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

workhard_playhard thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us,

Though your trip to Negril started out rocky I am glad you were happy once you reached 'Home'. Lorna is ofcourse, always welcoming and amazing to all of our guests and I am glad she could help make your experience memorable.

I will share all of your kind comments for the staff with them and I am sure you will love all the new changes when you return in February....even the higher occupancy ^_^

See you soon!
Your home away from home

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to hedo 2 and it was just as good as the previous two. There were a lot of changes going on whilst we were there including new flat screen tvs, new mattresses, new beach and pool loungers with umbrellas and new seating in dining areas .
A lot of the staff have changed but as usual Winston was as good as ever and even made my wife cry in the piano bar ,when he sang an opera duet that was out of this world. amazing.
It was lovely to see Serena and Toya again and a special thank you to Lorna for sorting out our room change so quickly.

The people you can meet from around the world are what makes here so special . There are swingers, but there are also loads of guests like ourselves , just enjoy socialising and meeting new people. If you are thinking of going , just do it, you wont regret it. You wont believe how friendly everyone is.

Room Tip: prude side rooms are cheaper and quieter .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 787rnj

787rnj thank you so much for sharing this review,

For you to think your 3rd trip here is as good as all the others helps us know that we are indeed heading in the right direction, you even took the time to notice the new flat screen tv's, mattresses, dining room seating and beach & pool loungers with umbrellas so I am very excited for when you see all the rest that we have in store!

I especially love your comment "There are loads of guests like ourselves who just enjoy socialising and meeting new peope. If you are thinking of going, just do it, you wont regret it" This is an amazing Hedo Motto.

I will tell everyone of your comments and thank you again for choosing us as your vacation destination.

See you soon!
Your home away from home

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Returned to Hedo Sept.28-Oct.5 after a 10 yr. absence. What a fantastic vacation.
The hi-lite of the week was the food.....fabulous. What a great improvement.
The resort is a bit tired but is being renovated as we speak. The renos do not interfere with the holiday experience at all. The staff was great from the bartenders to the housekeeping staff all nice and friendly. The entertainer in the piano bar is awesome. The only issue that arose was an over zealous security guard on the nude side who was a bit aggressive and intimidating at times.
On one occasion a lady, after spending the day on the nude beach was getting dressed to leave but apparently not fast enough to suit the female security guard and another time at 2 am. at the hot tub my wife was scolded for not getting undressed fast enough. As if she planned on leaving her clothes on at that time of night !! Perhaps management should find another beat for this lady to patrol. A little common sense is all that is necessary and a little nicer demeanor.
Anyway, a wonderful week and we are planning to return in Feb.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 123J2013
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

123J2013 thank you for taking the time to leave a review,

I am happy that you decided to choose us as your vacation destination, especially after being away for 10 years, that is amazing.

I am sorry about your uncomforting incident and will ensure that this is brought to their attention, we want to ensure everyone follows the rules but not at the expensive of the guests feelings.

February will be even better so I would love to hear an update once you make that trip.

Again thanks so much!
Your home again

Reviewed October 11, 2013

So we thought we would check out this place. Not being a timid person or of a prudish nature I didnt think this place would be that bad. We were looking for somewhat of a party place, something different... That it was. If you are into the "lifestyle" by all means this place may be for you but to those that are thinking this may just be a fun little adventure may want to do some research. It is obvious that most that go to this place seem to know each other and if you arent willing to participate in seriously childish type, spin the bottle games... you could be shunned as a prude. After 24 hours in this place I never wanted to see flesh again. I applaud anyone who can let go of insecurities but there is such as thing as some pride and class. I didnt find a lot of class. As for the resort the food was lack lustre and dining with nudes isnt something I enjoy. The facilities are what they are... a resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ofarrrell

ofarrell thank you for sharing your experience with us,

I see you travelled last year November which is indeed one of our prime repeaters vacation months; everyone really does know each other and enjoy all the activities together.

Thank you for commending our guests on their fun loving and secure nature.

All the best in your travels,
Hedonism II

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I honestly didn't realize what I was getting into. My friend found this resort simply by searching for resorts with no children. We were both surprised when we hardly saw any at the resort all day until meal times. We couldn't understand where everyine was coming from. could it be these people only came out of they're rooms to eat? We were advised about 3 days into our trip that there was more going on onthe other side of the resort...the "nude" side of the resort! We were shocked but intrigued. I swear I'm not blonde but i had now idea i was at a clothing optional resort. Funny part though is if you are considering trying one out, this was although a little over priced for its accomodations, it was fairly acceptable. If you want to be apart of the nude shenanigans you can, and if you don't you can just mosey yourself over to the prude side and have peace and quiet! Staff is a little nosey, male staff workers are always looking for a easy win if you travel as a girl gorup. Food was decent, rooms are small but decent. I won't go again but only because I am married now and thats' not our thing!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank LolaSkye
Richard Kevin L, General Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear LolaSkye,
Thanks for the Report. It’s important to have the perspective of a wide range of guests and make it clear that there is not only one type of Hedonism II Vacation.
We are currently in the process of doing significant Property upgrades with the first phase scheduled for completion by the end of October.
Anyone with an open mind and not scared of nudity can visit Hedonism II and experience an Adults Only, Fun Filled, Night Life included, Testing the Boundaries get away. There is never pressure to participate or be involved in any activity you may not wish to; however what we find is by the end of the stay everyone’s made a bunch of new friends and are planning the next trip back.
Hedonism II is a great ladies get away, but I encourage you to not discount a trip with your spouse, it’s a great place to have some one on one time with each other in a location where the ‘sexiness’ has been turned up several notches.

Regards,
Kevin Levee

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed Feb 8th - 22nd, 2013.
The first night being over booked we were sent to Breezes, second floor suite nude side. Our one day comparison would place Breezes atmosphere at quiet and relaxing, comparable to Hedo prude side. Unlike Hedo, the sandy beach here is small and steep in comparison.

Over view,
The nude side is mandatory nude while the prude side is far from prude being clothing optional for both men and women. Nudity is generally kept outdoors. Being new comers and not in the life style, not once did we feel out of place, pressured or disrespected at all.
We had a great vacation and this resort offers great freedom at all hours making us to feel like at home here to a degree I have not experience before. It is the farthest thing from large resort cattle run mentality. Some guests plan their vacation surrounding the groups that come and in our case we coincided with the Bubbly Bares who added to a wonderful experience. For us this was a new adventure I believe anyone could enjoy unless you are extremely shy or appalled by nudity.

Room,
We were able to get our requested prude side ocean view room (#1112) however these mini bar equipped rooms with hot tub are considered an upgrade requiring a $20 a night extra fee with no complaints from us however you can not book these rooms in advance. We had no complaints with this room and house keeping was to a high standard. The mini bar is stocked daily with beer, pop and water and the hot tub was attended to every day with scheduled water changes. The hot tub was under canopy and a great addition during evenings into the night and rainy days. The only down side is not being able to turn the tub off being a bit noisy. We loved being able to walk right off the terrace onto the white sand beach.

Beaches,
The direct morning sun is a bit delayed rising from behind through the large mature trees however the sun sets are awesome. Both sides offered a good balance of sun and natural shade. Along with a few other couples we virtually owned the prude side beach and pool. The pool attendant would start the water-slide on request. The nude side was always full with lounge chairs almost always in use or reserved. I can not recommend any resort that doesn’t have the accommodations for all guests however the beach attendant Augustas (beach boss as referred to) would ensure everyone a place to sit. Contrary to first impressions, Augustas was a fun guy always prepared for a playful jest and in all our travels unlike any resort worker in his role has reached out and touched our hearts and minds. He is one that wins a rare personal thank you here in our reviews. If you can’t find a place to sit just find Augustas.

Food,
No complaints with the food where ever we ate. Buffet was good for breakfast and supper. Mid day meals for us were at the beach grills which were excellent with good menus however only a few cooks were willing to put more than a couple of orders on the grill creating a line up at peak times. Lobster night on Friday was part of the plan not requiring an extra fee. We like our seafood so oddly at this resort we both preferred the Italian restaurant over the Japanese.

Entertainment,
Was lively and the talented Winston certainly adds a twist. Usually the place was full requiring us to share a table with others a few times. A good crowd pleaser was talent night enjoying some very talented guests on stage and the Bubbly Bares band who played at the beach one day as well on stage once bringing with them some good old rock and roll. Theme nights were something I looked forward to. We seen some creative outfits and was certainly inspiring. We were sorry we didn’t come more prepared. The sing along piano bar is a big hit here however the disco was usually almost empty unless they were playing good music. We hit is right one night out of two weeks and the place was packed for a couple of hours until they switched music. Like many resorts Hedonism needs to learn to cater the music to the crowd at hand.

Snorkeling,
I found snorkeling good out in front of the resort and better by the nude side and beyond to the right. There is not too much boat traffic especially in the morning and is shallow enough to snorkel across to Bobbie island. Stingrays, eagle rays , eels, octopus and star fish are common with many species of small colorful fish around the rocky out crops. Lion fish would hang out around the pier or boat anchors.

Tipping,
Is very discrete here and no one has their hand out expecting one. We tip for good service and is part of our budget. Our travel history proves that tipping a larger amount less often is better.

Room Tip: We were close to the disco however we didn't find it noisy at all. The prude side is quiet throu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 24funandsun

24funandsun thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us,

Your review is especially detailed and expressive and I am thrilled that you were able to be so happy with the choice you made for your vacation destination. A trip to Hedonism II is indeed an adventure and we implore all of our guests to find what fits them the best while staying here.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the prude beach throughout your stay and all of the water sports that we provide. There are so many facets to entertainment when on a vacation we want to ensure that anything you could possibly want to do is available.

I will definately share your kind comments with Augustas!

All the best!