“great improvements by Kevin Jon and Harry”
Review of Hedonism II

Hedonism II
Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed August 1, 2013

night pizza, great food every night,...sushi , fried rice with vegetables, lobster, lamb chops and just unbelievable sun and fun.
The renovated rooms are unbelievable with a rain shower and great ammnities including new large screen TV's.
The newly done over and freshly stocked gift shop is awesome
The staff is as usual the best....especially Michael the night manager he is just stupendous

Room Tip: all rooms are good ...old and expected new ones...
8  Thank nucdoclee
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Nucdoclee thank you so much for your review!

I am glad that you are liking our new changes. We will continue to improve and cannot wait to have you again!

All the best,
Your home away from home

Write a ReviewReviews (2,578)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went to Hedo after a friends wedding in Jamaica I did not know what to expect going as a single male. I was told before I went to be friendly to everyone which i was. It was one of the most enjoyable three day I have had. What you have heard happens at Hedo does if your into it like I am. The rooms were okay be updated recently. The food was great and especially at the pool bar late at night great pizza, and chicken sandwiches. I really enjoyed the piano bar after the show each night and don't forget to go down the water-slide. Can't wait to plan my next trip to Hedo.

6  Thank Papiny

Papiny thank you so much for your review,

We are glad that you enjoyed joining our family for the first time. Single, coupled or tripled, Hedonism II is a place for everyone!

See you soon.
Your new home

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Many many times in Jamaica, always looking for that Jamaican style and we may have found it there... Yes it's different and the mentality if different. But it's so free style that you feel just great as soon as you walk in.

Reception was nice and welcoming, buffet food was ok although we preferred the grill for a few times. The ''à la carte'' restaurants just great... we ate well all week long and we found what we were looking for.

Bars were flowing and staff smiling ...

We can stay that there was almost 2 groups of people there. One on the nude beach which we felt like it was for members only... (not welcoming at all) and the rest of the premises, where we met interesting people and got to share a lot.

As for the accommodations well yes the rooms are outdated and need major renovations but they are working at it and in the meantime it's still clean and comfortable.

The grounds are very well kept. There is always someone working somewhere, either painting, cleaning the grounds or repairing something.

The workers/staff/people are just wow! Entertainment is the best we've seen in a very long time and they are a large team and it shows. They gave it all.

The people in the dining rooms, grill and restaurant were very attentive and helpful. What a joy!

All and all we really liked our stay and will be back for sure.

We would like to thank the people that we got to know about just a little more, Ariana (grill), Austin (breakfast), Ash (entertainment) ... You guys were great and we thank you.

we'll see you soon!

2  Thank Beachandsunlovers
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We traveled to Hedo for our 30th Anniversary. The first time out of the country for us was our 25th, and we went to Hedo. Back then my wife was not happy about it...now I get thanked on a regular basis for taking her to the most fantastic place for vacation.
This being our 6th trip, we had read about the changes being made, and looked forward to forming our own opinion. We have only one negative: The main bar. One day they shut down the nude pool and told all of the groups to go up to the main pool to have fun...except someone forgot to tell the bartenders as there was only one on, which made getting a drink almost impossible. The other complaint here was later in the evening after the show. The bartenders at the main pool seemed to talk to other employees and themselves more than they worried about serving drinks to guests...this happened literally every night. I'm sure they will get this straightened out like everything else.
Check in and Room: Check in was quick, and a lot of fun... cocktails were brought up and when we got to the room, it was clean and bright as usual. We did get a chance to see a couple of the remodeled rooms... unbelievably nice! We are fine with the current rooms as long as we have hot water (which we have always had every trip) a clean bed, and fresh towels and linens, because we really don't spend a lot of time in there!
Food: I had a chance to meet and talk with Anthony Miller, the new chef. He asked me how things were, and gave him rave reviews...except that I missed the banana-nut salad. Anthony hadn't heard of it, but that night, an even better version of banana-nut salad was on the buffet! Hedo is really listening to the guests! there were a lot of new items on the buffet, and I know there are those who are negative about the food, but if you can't find something you like every meal, your just too picky! Sushi, Pasta, and a lot more offerings really made it great. Austin, the man who makes the omelets to order in the morning is one of the friendliest, and hardest working cooks I saw...and he is a master at the omelet flip. Mark at the nude grill was a lot of fun, and some people in our group gave him a fancy apron to wear, which he loved! I wish we remembered the cook for the midnight buffet, as he was always spot on with his grilling. If you complain about food here, then your taste buds need help!
Entertainment Crew (EC): Almost everyone is gone from last year except Winston and Nick...I think. Winston should be a headliner in Vegas, he sings without effort, and it is absolutely amazing. He sang to us for our 30th in the Piano Bar, and that capped off a wonderful day. Thank you Winston isn't enough. Previously the EC women were very cold, or stand-offish if that makes sense, like they didn't really want to talk to you. That is the opposite of the crew now! Fabian, DJ FrassBox, DJ Phil Dog, and our group's favorite, Eaton, just rocked the nude pool. They got the party going... but you have to have guest participation, and when the guests got into it, the EC really turned it on. They were jumping into the pool with us, directing games, this was by far the most pool fun (with the EC's) we have ever had, and it was all week long! Though she seems shy, Vanessa was my favorite, she gave me a hard time, and I loved it! She is a beautiful, smart and talented woman, and can she dance! The EC crew really has a great personality this year, and we need to mention Diana, Denise, Toki Ann, and Twanda too!
The evening shows were way above any previous years we have been there. A lot more energy and talent, and not the same old stuff. One night they had two singers, male and female up there, but the sound system was so loud, that everyone left the dining area... otherwise, we recommend you stay for the shows!
Bartenders: Scumba, Delroy, Michelle, Alecia (both of them), Paulette, Trista, Chantel, all made great drinks, and you never waited long at the nude bar because all of them had great energy! Thank you guys, because the management left the best!
Housekeeping: Tristiana kept our room spotless, and made sure we had everything before she left for the day. There were two people that stood out for us on our trip, Fiona was one of them. She somehow picked up on our first names, and made it a point to call us by them often. I'm in business, and the service provided by Fiona was 6 star! Always asking if there was anything we need, or what could she do to make things better (not a thing!). She is the kind of employee I would hire without question if she was facing customers. She is simply the best!
Lorna was the second person that had a huge impact on our stay. We renewed our vows on the beach, and it was beautiful, stunning, and very romantic for us, and our group. This resort is the place to go for weddings and vow renewals. We asked for a few little changes, and they were happily done with great results!
People: Our group came in on the end of the Fluffernutters, and they were a fun lifestyle group. Love VooDoo was there, as well as Wild Women. I want to shout out to the Cocktails... the people in their group this year were awesome! They had the best party on Tuesday night we have ever been to... fun, great music, dancing, and it lasted a long time into the night. We aren't a part of this group, but will book through them for next year... if you want to come in July, reach out to Cocktails International, and I guarantee you will have a great trip! There seemed to be a few more single men this trip than other times. Most were decent, but you always have a few trying to "get some"... My advice to any single guy going here is this: do not expect action. Talk with the husbands first and get to know the people, and that might turn around. Don't just expect that because of the energy, you will be welcomed into the groups or couples, and always be a gentleman.
The biggest difference from this resort to any other is the staff and guests. You can walk anywhere, and everyone, and I mean everyone greats each other with a smile and a "good morning" or a "hello" even if you don't know them. This rarely, if ever, happens at other resorts.
Overall this was the best trip ever. The staff changes Kevin, Jon and Harry have made are for the positive. No more staff that acts like you are interrupting them, or crabby bartenders. They are definitely already heading in the right direction there. The Grounds are spotless, and because it is an old resort, the foliage, plants and trees are so very beautiful...enjoy them. We will be back again next year with our group, the Freaky Family, because it really just doesn't get any better than this!

Room Tip: We like prude garden, but all the rooms are great...except close to the disco... the thumping can ge...
3  Thank lytning
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Lytning AKA Freaky Family! Thank you so much for this review,

I am very glad that you enjoyed the changes and are hopeful for the future. I know alot of people were worried about the changes with our Entertainment Coordinators but your feedback helps to prove that we have made some very good decisions. I will ensure that they all see this review.

Also, thank you for all your comments on the main bar and I will agree that these are areas we are consistently working on to improve. Hedo is indeed a family and it is great to know that you enjoy the warmth and openness of staff and guests alike.

See you soon!
Your home away from home

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my 30th trip and one of the best! As much as I disagreed with some of the new managements decisions....many good friends were let go... I have to admit that the other changes to the property are well received. Food was wonderful. We really enjoyed the 'Top chef' style jerk sauce cook off on the beach! What a great idea! I hope they do it again in Jan. We saw the new room design and it will be awesome. Flat screens in every room, patio or balcony, very nice. The chef onboard now was very visible and open to any guest request. Thank you Dwayne for the special fudge. Spa was great. Loy is the ONLY person my husband will get a massage from! Roslyn gets my vote every trip! Outstanding spa services all around. We saw security have to get involved with an inappropriate guest with a camera. It was handled very quickly and quietly and professionally. Thank you! See you in Jan!!! Ps. Love love the new mattresses!!! A few suggestions to the new management...... Resort wide wi-fi included in the price, maybe consider making the old squash courts the new disco. Will take away all those treacherous steps between dinner piano bar and disco! Lots of sprained ankles and falls every trip making that walk at night for sure!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mustangcyn44
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Mustangcyn44, thank you so much for your review.

We are glad that you found your 30th trip even better than before, especially that you liked our new signature jerk sauce competition! We will be having it every year to ensure we have the best jerk sauce for our guests.

Thank you for your suggestions and see you again in January!
Love Hedo

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just try it....you will love it. Most free I've felt in a long time. Staff is fabulous. Entertainment was great. Italian restaurant is terrific. This was my first time and I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect once I got there everyone was friendly and everyone just wants to have a good time. If you're unsure just TRY IT. I'm booking my trip back for next year :)

Room Tip: Book on prude side for cheaper room. Experience is still the same
7  Thank Kyra J

Kyra H, thank you so much for your review.

“Just try it… you will love it!” This is the best advice I have heard about Hedo ^_^. Thank you for sharing your experience and I am glad we could make you a believer!
See you again soon.

Your new home away from home

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pros: Friendliness of staff, meeting awesome folks from all over the globe, beautiful landscaping/grounds, entertainment during dinner, variety of activities, food, water slide, pool-side club, a lot of locals like to unwind here as well

Cons: Check-in was a bit rusty, rooms need updating

I traveled solo but had no trouble meeting people for a myriad of, ahem...activities. I still cannot believe what I experienced and my bar for a good time is quite high! Vacationing will never be the same thanks to Hedo 2.

12  Thank Shasta71

Shasta 71, thank you so much for your review,

We are happy that we could transform your idea of vacationing! At Hedo meeting new people is never an issue; single or accompanied this is the place for you.
Here at Hedo we aim to please and meeting the needs of our guests is always a priority! We are currently upgrading the rooms to better your comfort and also upgrading our check-in systems for faster and more efficient service, so thank you for pointing these out.

See you soon!!