“my home away from home”

Hedonism II
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Negril
“my home away from home”
Reviewed February 14, 2004

me and my wife have been going to hedo 2 for over 3years now, we always had a memoriable time, food was great, staff was freindly, also wearing a smile, we rave to others about the fun times we have at hedo 2, but i do agree with other reviewers, the price is alittle steap. we have to save all year to have go here, being all-inslusive is great, but we're not drinkers so it bothers us that hedo doesn't have two different buy programs, one for the drinker and the other for the non-drinker, but all in all we have a great trip ..... if you haven't been ,go! it will be a time you'll want forget.... we call it our home away from home...

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 26, 2003

I read a lot about this place prior to going and still didn't know what to expect. The buffet was good and plentiful, Munahana's was great, the rooms were great.(better than expected). The funnest part was the nude pool where you meet non-judgemental people. The nude side was the place to be. We never did anything like that. Once you do it, it's natural.
Shout out to Delroy and Scumba...respect...awesome time. Go with an open mind and an appetite for fun. It's all what you make of it. I think it might be funner for nudes vs prudes. I can't wait to go back for some more jerked chicken. Good time I'll never forget. I suggest you go!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 11, 2003

I just got home from Jamaica today listening to marly and am oh so sad:( I was at hedo ll with 3 girlfriends ranging from 29 to 46 yrs old and we had a great time. We are from a small town and like to have fun, but non of us went to get naked. We were all expecting to walk into a place full of bare bodies I guess, and that just wasn't how it was. We walked through the lobby and felt right at home. We stayed on the prude side Rms 1227 & 1228 (great location overlooking the end of the beach that was pretty much all ours). We lived in swimsuits sarongs and sundresses. You will see some nudity on the prude side but who care's, at hedo its completely natural, If I wasnt kinda overweight I'd have gotton naked! The nude side is completely seperate. None of us went there during the day but we all ended up there at some point of the night. The nude hot tub kind of becons you! The whole place welcomes you and makes you feel right at home. It is casual and relaxed with no rules and the friendlyist people and staff on the planet! Theres lots to do If you want or you can just lounge on a float in the ocean which is alot of what we did. The rooms are adequate and clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a few BIG red ants come under the door when we first got there so I told the desk at dinner which sent someone to spray. When we got back to the room the stepped on ants were gone, there was no bug spray smell and the ants never came in again. The security people are great. They are always around and checking on you to see if your ok. If you look lost, which you might untill you go to your room a few times they will be there and walk you to your door.
They are wonderfull!! Your not going to see open sex unless you go looking for it, then you might. I never saw that. If you want sex though it is there if you want it. Temptations will arise! Like they say what happens in Hedo stays in hedo. I must say we all did thing we would have placed bets on not doing! Dont be afraid to go! You are the captain of your own ship and you will call the shots at hedo. Relax have fun enjoy the resort the employees and all the wonderfull new friends you'll find. If you are only wanting to stare at the eyes of your beloved and look at your new diamond wedding ring then go to sandals which is a beautiful property but I've heard from others that went there that is all you'll find there. BORING! If you are friendly and want to feel like your'e among friends then go to hedo! We split our vacation 6 days at hedo and 4 at royal decameron in ocho rios. Ocho was rainy negril is sunny Ocho was stuffed shirts for the most part hedo was no shirt. Ocho more tourist shopping and thing to do but in the long run my next trip will be hedo again in negril. If you want any info feel free to email me. Hope your vacation is as wonderful as mine was. Its gonna take me a few days to come down to earth. Dont be afraid to go! I read as many reviews as I could find but have a brother and sister whos both been there so I figured if they liked it I would. I DID! GO GO GO! and have the time of your life. If you've got any spirit of adventure you wont regret it!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 1, 2003

My mother took me to hedo ll for my 18th birthday, and it was the BEST vacation i had ever had. that im taking group of 6 plus myself to share the experience. Two in which will be celebrating our 21st bdays!!! No screaming kids, was the best part. My mother had been going to this resort for 26yrs, before it even became a superclubs. My feed back on the property: The food is amazing, all different types of food.
Different types of selections to choose from. I don't know why everyone is complaining about the bar service, because i thought it was great. I mean we were being served while sitting on the beach. The entertainment staff is amazing, they keep you on your feet all the time. The thing that people are not pointing out is that you have the option of getting involved in any of these activities. I mean yeah you'll see people walking around topless bottom less, but the sex thing is just untrue.
Theres two seperate sections, ones very isolated from the other. Unless you go over on the nude side you'll never know whats gong on. ANd as for the games and activites that go on during the day well your at an adult resort, so you'll be playing adult games, and night well if there going to be wild they will warn you. But the night shows and games everyone whos anyone can join in, theres nothing dirty or disgusting about them, and if you don't want to join then watch. I mean when you look in the brochure or go on the website it sayd "Be wicked for a week!!" What in the world would you expect it to be anything like a Sandals property. I think people who complain about every little thing shouldn't travel. Jamaica is an amazing Island, from the food, to the counrty, weather to the people. Anywhere you go you'll always have a bad seed, but why let a bad seed wreck your vacation. For the week that i was therei relaxed finished a stephen King novel, got a great tan, partied. And enjoyed becoming an adult. The rooms themself, yes are basic, no tvs, but your spending all this money to have an amazing room to watch tv?? I forgot that they didn't even have tvs. Theres so much that the property offers you won't even consider not having a tv to be an option. They offer watersports on and off property, and to tell you the truth, the property is so up and going ALL NIGHT you don't really even have to leave the property. So if noise is going to be a factor, then yes i wouldn't recommend it, because the bars discos and everything else closes when you say when..... Now as for hedo lll......
Well we won't get into that one!!!!! Lets just say, what goes on in Jamaica stays in Jamaica!!!!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 15, 2003

Prior to our trip (11/7-11/14), we read every Hedo II review we could find on the net. It was helpful, but the reviews were often quite inconsistent. It seemed like a "loved it or hated it" reaction out of most.

We were assigned Hedo II on the SuperSurprise deal, aftering eliminating MoBay. To put this review in the proper prespective, let me give you some quick background on us. We are an attractive married couple in our late 20's, and have traveled to a number of caribbean destinations. We have stayed in 5 star resorts, and in youth hostiles.
We enjoy private romanitc activities, but are also openminded and unintiminated by the Hedo lifestyle.

Okay, so here's our breakdown. Go for the sports activities and to witness or participate in the charged sexually environment. Dont go for the food or the accomodations.

The sports programs are varied, well staffed, and adequately resourced.
The SCUBA was decent- warm water and good vis - but the coral isnt it great shape and the sites are desperately overfished. Wind surfacing, Rock climbing, Circus, Sailing, Kayaking, Weight room, waterslide and pools are all really good. Mini golf is a disaster and the bikes are in poor shape.

If it fits your interests, the party scene and hedonistic lifestyle is definitely a selling point of the resort. The nude hot tub is very active, and some of the evening programs have strong participation. If you want to witness or participate, you will certainly have the opportunity. Contrary to many of the reviews we read, the lifestylers were very respectful and unaggressive around the "prune" guests. Sure, you may have one or two loud mouths, but thats no different than anywhere else, right? In general, we estimated that 75% of the guest crammed into the 25% of the nude side of the resort. The rest was wide open for guest who were not interested.

The accomodations are not the selling point of the resort. The rooms were functional. Nothing more. Dated, and worn, with evident water damage and deterioriating conditions. However, they were very clean, bug free, and always had an abundence of hot water and electricity.
There was nothing gross or dirty about the rooms. Hygenically it was fine, its just that the cosmetics show 20+ years of use (grout in the showers was falling apart, the ceiling had evident water damage in the paint, (the toilet and tub were stained from decades of use, etc...) And if your not use to having a television in your room, you may have a hard time adjusting. It wasnt a problem for us, but I know many of the guests were frustrated at not having the opportunity to through on CNN or ESPN in the morning or at night before bed.

The buffet food is not good. Its a bad day at the Sizzler at best. Same with most of the beach grill food. The exception being the Jerk chicken at the nude grill, which was fantastic. The Scotch Bonnet, Munahana, and Pastafaria resturants are all fairly good though. We ended up making reservations at one of the three every night. The many bars pour drinks all day and night, and if you've got the stomach for it, you'll never have a problem getting as drunk as often as you want.

Okay, so long story... sorry about that. Summary: The lack of quality in the food and accomodations are only made up for by the crazy sexy experiences, the plentiful alcohol, and the abundent sports programs.
If you take advantage of the these, you'll come away very satisfied. If you are not into them, you are most likely going to be pretty disappointed by the lack of quality in the food and accomodations.

Two quick myths to dispel: the bus ride to and from the resort is great. The roads are good, the buses are fine, and it gives you a good opportunity to see some of the country. Also, the locals are great.
Treat them with respect and an understanding that we are visitors in their home, and they will react with kindest in turn. Act like they are servants because you paid Superclubs a bunch of money, and they will not appreciate you or provide you with the service you otherwise could enjoy.

Finally, take a large insulated mug, and an alarm clock. Both with serve you well.

Enjoy!!

38 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2003

it was not the best or worse trip we have been on .I just think they need to close for awhile and up date the place ,which thery are doing but there was constant noise going on which puts a little damper on a trip.the bartenders are slow and it seems like they dont want to be there .The food was pretty good.The staff leaves to many drug pushers on the property which kind of puts another damper on your fun when you are being approched all the time the only good thing is when you say no they leave .The beach was great though prude and nude one.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member