“very disapppointing”
Review of Hedonism II

Hedonism II
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I must send in a report regarding the worst vacation ever. The first 2 weeks of February at this resort was a nightmare!!! The hotel rooms are falling apart. The paint is peeling, cracks and holes in bathroom door, no hot water in shower and sink, plumbing is a joke - drip drip sink faucet. No blankets, you are expected to sleep under the bedspread (probably 15 years old). No clean bathroom towels for 3 days - no beach towels for 3 days. Most of the beach lounges are broken and very old. i could continue with more disasters - one more important item - when I spoke with General Manager, a fellow named Levee - he just shrugged his shoulders and said "yup" - whatever "yup" means. Is there such a rating as a minus 5 stars??

13  Thank golfgalNewYorkCity
Richard Kevin L, General Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear GolfGal,

Very sorry to hear that your vacation was not as you expected. Please contact me at kevin.levee@superclubs.com to discuss further.

Regards,

Kevin Levee

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I will try my best to be as objective as possible:

The resort is very very worn out; I'm talking rooms, bathrooms, pipes, linen, towels tiles, paint....everything!

The food is edible at best. Italian restaurant is very bad, Japanese is OK.

Bar is acceptable with a fair selection of alcohol.

The staff is friendly in general. Entertainers are very professional and pull off a good show

Lots of competing weed salesmen by the shore.

Finally, the average age of guests is between 55 and 65.

Room Tip: There's no such thing as a good room! all rooms look the same and are equally worn out - the onl...
5  Thank suzysuzanne
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not sure how or why anyone who has any travel experience could or would rate this more than one or two stars. We found that the food was surprisingly good though, especially considering it's all buffet food. Thank you, Chef Scott. Overall, our experience was very disappointing. I don't think most of the staff has any idea how important tourism is to their livlihood, nor do I think they have any understanding/value of the word hospitality. The service was consistently poor unless they smelled a tip coming. Our room and the resort was in DESPERATE need of upgrades and maintenance. Our bathroom was disgusting. The thermostat didn't work and after repeated attempts to get it fixed we gave up. Our tub was nasty and didn't drain, but they fixed that. The coffee pot was broken and they replaced it. We found that the bars were not sufficiently staffed, so more often than not we had to wait an unreasonable time for service. There is no drink or food service at all on the beach or at the pool. On one occasion we went out to the pool to sit for lunch and found that the table was full of breakfast dishes sitting there with leftover bacon & eggs. Come on!! We attempted to arrange a fishing charter through the resort and was cancelled on 3 times. Then just when we thought we were a "go" on the 4th attempt we got up at 5:00 and sat out front of the resort for an hour waiting. The charter service was a no show without even a call. Unbelievable! About half of the slot machines didn't work and most of the ones that did work would not accept paper currency because they are too old. Half the time there was no one present in the Casino area to change money for tokens either. Frustrating. The water slide is only open once a day at around 4:00 or 5:00 PM. Most of the gym equipment didn't work. Only one treadmill was operating correctly. We have been informed that the resort has a new owner, but has not taken over yet. Understandably, there would be some things lacking due the the transition. However... that fact should be transparent to any guest and shame on the former owners for allowing this resort be in such a state of disrepair. They have been neglecting this property for years and it shows!! We could go on and on, but I think we hit the big items already. Suffice it to say, we will NOT be back until the resort has been completely renovated and reviewed. For the cost of this resort I recommend you go elsewhere where your business is appreciated and you'll get what you pay for and expect while on vacation.

Room Tip: Consider staying at another resort if you want to be pampered and catered to.
12  Thank T C
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Bear in mind that this review is about the resort and not the people there.

Rooms are outdated but functional, however bathrooms are so small there is no way to be two in there at once. Hot water was a luxury and the shower system itself is a nightmare (complicated with multiple (sandblast) jets that go off (with cold water) when trying to adjest the main shower head). The food at the main buffet is horrible with little choice or variety; on Jamaican night (monday) book at another restaurant or plan to diet. The Japanese and Italian restaurants were much better. The prude beach grill was very good and by far the friendliest,
Just too often they were out of beach towels, and they allow folks to reserve chairs indefinately, which were in short supply on the nude beach. The chairs themselves are also old (stretched) and uncomfortable. There were also insufficient bartenders at the nude pool so you waited forever. Security was very lax and was letting folks with clothes on the nude side, including single males which was inappropriate. There were also issues with single males anoying couples in the hot tub at night with no security in sight.

Entertainment was better than most places, especially in the piano bar. The theme night formula is outdated as there was very little participation (only about 10% actually dress up for the theme nights while we were there - but that increased by the end of the week with a large takeover group coming in). Most folks simply get anoyed of being pushed by staff to parade on stage for a few useless "hedo bucks" and be patronized by staff with an attitude - Toya what an anoying b.... Don't get me wrong, we enjoy and participated in all theme nights, but without greater participation.... they need to do more to encourage folks.

The staff was great which is why I am not rating this as terrible and kept the place very clean. Especially Augustus that works non stop to keep the beach clean and and to ensure the guests are well taken care of - thanks. Safety deposit box kept giving an error and maintenance came and fixed it immeadiately.

Bottom line, old, run down, bad food, great staff (other than security).... but most of all, the people and vibe is just too much to keep us away and we are already planning our return.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same - some have a jaccuzzi. H block is best situated (central) and is far enough...
6  Thank Steve6786768
HedonismJamaica, Director of Sales at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Since your review, much of the resort has been renovated and the food and beverage service and offerings vastly improved.

We hope you give us another chance to count you among the thousands of happy Hedo guests.

Randymon
DOSM
Hedonism II

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed over Christmas, and had a awesome time, I am a older single male and was a little reserved on going alone, but I ended up haveing a great time. The people including all staff were very friendly, I was asked contionsly to join other couples and singles to join them for supper or when going to the clubs, wether it was the piano bar or the disco. I met other singles that were there and made some friends that I am keeping on contact with.
Now the resort. Yes it is a little dated, but the rooms at least mine was clean and had everything I needed and what I was expecting. I stayed in H block and it was a little noisy in the early to late evening, but I found it quieted down around 2 or so, about the time I usually got back from the disco or the hot tum, well some times I got back at that time. Check in was good , no real wait. Manager asked if I was there before and I said no, so he showed me the way , even carried my bag. Never had that before. Food was very good, perhaps not the best I had seen at a all inclusive, but still had lots of selection, and there was always good food by the nude pool, and beach area. Bars were well stocked when I was there. I drank crown royal and only ran out of it once, didn't think I drank that much, lol. bar staff were fantastic, remembered your drink most of the time. and staff named 50, omg. what a entertainer he is. I think everyone there loved him. if you go , you will now.. The beach wasn't the best, there was some seeweed that they were constantly trying to get rid if, but it grows in the ocean , what do you expect. The roped in area was very shallow, but it was still wet, and great to float around in without worring about floating away.
other stuff like smoke was avaliable if you desired, Lots of entertainment was going on around the beach and the nude pool, and if you were a prude, I can see why you wouldn't like it. but remember where you are at. My personal thaught is if you don't like it, don't go there, and don't judge other people.
Did I mention how I found everyone so friendly, like a big family, I loved the atmosphere. Would I go back, hell yes, best vacation ever.
Until next year, Oh Danny boy

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank DannyPE
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Checked here and elsewhere before we went. Wife and I went for the first time and had a blast! Shows where very entertaining , food plentiful at all times, drinks whenever you want. Choose a side our try both, what ever it was fun to be had for all. Snorkel, cruise on catamaran, poolside fun, etc. ALL FUN. Rooms are just fine also, better than many US hotels. Water was hot, room clean, I have seen some of the bad reviews below and wonder what they were expecting or how fussy they must have been. Most of the people we met are repeat quests and the resort was sold out. How do you sell out if your as bad as some people describe? I can't believe they were at the same resort as us(some the same time) and had a bad time? You have to go for your self, you'll know if it's for you by day two by day five you won't want to leave if it's your new home away from home. Hale to all the staff that made our time there a pleasant one. If you can't enjoy yourself at Hedo then you need to speak with a therapist 'cause you got issues mon!
Life is short so live it to the fullest- cheers to the 60-70 year olds water sliding buck naked!!
You prove life should never be boring!!!
To sum it up: If you want five star pampering and fancy meals quiet,and privacy go somewhere else.
If you want sand in you toes, cool drinks, wet t-shirt contests, human sundae contest, romantic sunsets, risque dinner shows that never quit surprising you, and day after day of totally uninhibited fun and partying...yeah mon!!

Room Tip: A good room at Hedo is one you don't spend much time in
2  Thank Bob c
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our 4 th visit has just ended. I read some of the reviews here on TripAdvisor and on Hedo web site before we left and admit I had some reservations about going. Once at Hedo however, I am not sorry to say, I just did not have a bad experience. We have known for years that the resort is aging and we are all hopeful that the change in ownership will bring the much needed upgrades. Regardless, it is, for the most part, the same people who have been serving us our meals, our drinks, and our entertainment for years. This is why we keep coming back! I have heard time and again, and seen for myself the little "pods" of couples sitting alone at Sandals or other resorts. At Hedo, you sit alone by choice only. The guests and staff welcome you with open arms and broad smiles. My husband and I are NOT swingers but we are open minded and open hearted. We enjoy people and always have a good time. If you are a Hedo virgin, it's OK to be nervous. Hedo is a unique experience. But Hedo is a "safe" place to explore your spirit as well as your sexuallity. If you see something happening at the hot tub and are curious, don't be afraid to watch. If the participants minded, they would be in their room. This is how we learn what we like. Well, this and then trying it ourselves.... The rule is "don't touch unless invited". It is striclty enforced and is what makes it a perfect place to learn. So don"t be afraid to shed you're inhibitions when you shed your clothes, both sexually and spirtually. We are nudists... we are what we are, bumps, blemishes and all. We except ourselves and we except you as just... YOU!

Room Tip: Choose based on money constraints, activities you enjoy and physical ability (ex: avoid stairs or lo...
10  Thank geri w