Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
6,651 results
All reviews cabana grill sports complex atrium suite sea grapes catamaran cruise patois patio great house ultimate chocolate martini bar banana stuffed french toast aura lounge feathers restaurant patios patio lemongrass restaurant fish tacos our honeymoon swim up bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose Couples Swept Away because it appeared to be the perfect wedding destination. Unfortunately I was disappointed! First, I am saddened by the fact I only have 2 pictures from my wedding. I purchased the drive option and the upload was such a poor quality resolution I have not been able to print any pictures. I have also taken to film restoration to help but when images are uploaded quickly at a low resolution there is nothing that can be done! Lost memories! The photographer was not knowledgeable or helped with capturing the wedding or sunset pictures. Also, the miscommunication that wedding images cost double than any other sunset pictures. Moving on to the wedding day! When we checked in for a wedding package our room was in the back of the resort on the 3rd floor, I would have though our "wedding coordinator" would have considered that when choosing our room. Have you ever tried going down 3 flights of steps in a wedding dress? Not fun!! Also having to walk a mile in the dress to the beach in 85 degree heat!! OMG... There was suppose to be champagne was to be delivered to the room before the wedding it did not arrive till after. Please do not be fooled by the advertisement that you will have a "wedding coordinator" It was a disappointment. Furthermore, good luck getting a reservation for dinner before 9 and all the excursions they offer all inclusive, well good luck getting on the list to actually do anything. I hope your not allergic to bee's because you will get stung. The food was not great just food! No room service! I have yet to be able to communicate with anyone regarding my overall experience or my pictures. On a better note the people are very nice but I would never stay there again.

Room tip: Don't get married here!
Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Wingfieldwedding19
Abraham I, COO at Couples Swept Away, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Wingfieldwedding19,

Congratulations and thank you for celebrating your wedding with us. Please email sharie@couples.com so we can better address your comments.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Honestly save your money. Do NOT stay here. Food was awful and virtually exact same in each restaurant when they decided to open ( always late). We had ocean front and you couldn’t see the ocean due to the trees blocking all of it. Our room wasn’t ready and we arrived after 5:30pm- had to wait over an hour. Good luck if you get drink service in the beach- it was like pulling teeth to get a drink. Often stood at the bar waiting while staff spoke to one another instead of served.Room was very nice. We never had maid service earlier than 4 pm so if you like to nap in the afternoon, you will have them interrupt to clean. They ran out of towels twice on our one week.... never got them one day and the other they arrived at 2pm.This was our honeymoon and we splurged and picked this after reading reviews and are real food people. The food is awful, the service is ok and the cleanliness is rated very low. Never saw them clean a beach chair or lobby or anything! The best way to describe this resort was we felt as though we were bothering them at all times. I really believe they were a 5 star at some point because the landscape is beautiful but it’s gone downhill and they are riding off very old reviews. This is a 3 star at most. We did talk to them when we were there and also emailed but never got a response. This resort is going under and they are just trying to make ends meet. They have all they need to make it work but it’s not there at all anymore. Save your money!

Date of stay: November 2019
3  Thank BackPacker658951

Dear BackPacker658951,

Thank you for staying at Couples Swept Away. Sorry to hear about some of the issues experienced during your visit. All has been noted by management and will be addressed.

Please feel free to email abe@couples.com with more information.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second visit at Couples Swept Away resort. All inclusive meant not just meals.. it included a sunset cataraman cruise, snorkling, glass bottom boat, small craft boats, full athletic complex including yoga classes. Excellent and plentiful food in 4 different restaurants. Adults only.. many of the guests are repeat vacationers. Employees were very helpful ,courteous and friendly.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A year ago we went to Couples Tower Isle and hoped to sample the same standard of service and welcome but at another resort. We were sadly disappointed.

A large number of staff are disengaged, sunbeds were all reserved by 8am, service levels at restaurants was variable and slow. There are no waiting service in the bars and there are not enough bar staff to cope with the peak times. Beach service for drinks was very poor, except for the high tipping larger groups (this is supposed to be a no tipping policy resort).

Rooms were well serviced but not luxurious, food quality in the a la carte restaurants was good.

We raised concerns to the management and the best day at the hotel was the day we were transferred to Couples Tower Isle, so we were pleased that was arranged.

I would not return to this hotel, even though we have been to Negril several times before. The variability in service levels has left me questioning if I would chance another couples hotel.

Before posting this review I emailed a senior customer relations contact to share my views. I was surprised that his response was that he had only positive reviews of the hotel recently which doesn’t match my feedback or the recent trip adviser comments I have read.

Sadly disappointed that what could be a great brand at a great location has dropped below mediocre in quality and poor value for the higher end prices demanded.

Date of stay: December 2019
4  Thank Flipper F

Dear Flipper F,

Thank you for staying with us again. Sorry to hear that Couples Swept Away did not measure up to your experience at Couples Tower Isle. Please be aware that they are very different resorts. Glad we were able to relocate you during your visit.

Please feel free to email abe@couples.com with additional inquiries.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our 5th holiday here and it fully lived up to expectations. We booked a “limited”Ocean view room and we were very pleased with the outlook which was across a koi pond with a clear view (between 2 ocean front accommodation blocks) of the beach/beach bar and sea.
Food delicious. Drinks good with top shelf alcohol freely available. House wines acceptable. Martini bar ace!
All Staff were friendly and welcoming.
Nice room with comfortable bed/good linens and great air con. New router in room provided excellent wi fi - wi fi improved throughout the resort since our last visit.
Beach amazing - never had problem getting a lounger. Beach towels plentiful. Beach security staff very efficient and hard working/alert. Sea clear and warm.
Plenty of activities/water sports on offer. I took advantage of the daily scuba dive which is included in the holiday (2dives on a Saturday )Dive staff have particularly good knowledge of local dive sites/conditions and were welcoming and helpful.
Transfers from/to airport were smooth with no “rest” stops this time (improvement on previous holidays)
Evening entertainment was patchy but highly recommend The silver birds steel band.
Concierge on front desk was fabulous. We had gone to him to book the a la carte restaurants(all included in the holiday price but tables have to be booked in advance) and he recommended we enrol for “romance rewards” scheme so that we could book from home next time - before we come on holiday.
Top tip - We didn’t think we could do this as we had booked through Tui but it transpired that even though this was the case we could still sign up for the rewards scheme (through the couples own web site). Within half an hour of signing up we had a phone call to our room followed up by member of management knocking on our room door with 2 complimentary resort T shirts and a $100 dollar voucher to use in resort(we used it in the gift shop)
We also received an invitation to the “Returners” dinner - which proved to be a very enjoyable evening .
In summary - we will definitely be coming back again.

Date of stay: January 2020