“Loved it... Absolutely Beautiful”
Review of Couples Swept Away

Couples Swept Away
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Oregon
“Loved it... Absolutely Beautiful”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I have stayed at all inclusives before and regular resorts, in everything from a 5 star luxury to a bungalo in the jungle. My fiance and I loved CSA. It is beautiful, but you should know that it is more natural. If you are looking for marble floors, granite counter tops, & jacuzzi tubs in your room that is not what you will get here. CSA is beaufiul in a natural way. The grounds are very well kept and the sand is raked every night. The food and drinks were very good, make sure to get a martini at the martini bar... they do a great job! Eduardo at the swim up bar is very funny & entertaining. The night club was fun after the piano bar thing is done. The staff is so friendly throughout the whole resort. They always do what they can to accommodate you. The beach is very nice & so are the pools. It is great that on each lounge chair by the pool & on the beach they have floaties. The catamaran cruise was so much fun, we swam in a cave and saw dolphins on the way. We did the couples massage class, there were only 3 other couples there so it was very intimate and we still learned some what about massaging eachother. We both absolutelly enjoyed our stay and would return! One thing I can say though, is that the grade of your room may make a difference. We stayed in the Ocean Verahdah suite and it was on the bottom floor and right outside our door was a hot tub which was very convenient, it wont always be that way but we got lucky. Anyways, we could walk out on the verandah and see the ocean and the beach and it was only probably 60 ft. away. I would NOT stay in an atrium suite (i believe that is the one) they back up right next to the road and with the way that Jamaicans drive it would be very noisy, as you can read other people have complained about. I would look at a map of the resort and figure out what level of room that you want. Also, we booked straight through the resort on a Wednesday and saved more money than using a travel site. If you are looking for a place with natural beauty, culture, and great service this is it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chelc22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,456)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Just returned from couples swept away and what a great place it is. We travelled there to celebrate our honeymoon and we could not have picked a better place to go. It is heaven on earth. Can I just say that for all the people that say that the service was okay, and that they couldnt book the reastraunts or get beds at the pool, I dont know what resort they went to. We managed to eat at the exclusive feathers 5 times and lemon grass 2 times. We booked onto the catamaran cruise on the morning we wanted to go, turned up at the pool at about 11:00 and had a choice of about 10 beds!!

Anyway, we arrived at the airport and there was a bit of a que to get through customs but its not terrible. The drive to the resort was all main roads and not once did we feel threatened. On arrival at the resort we got out and were given damp cool clothes to freshen up. Then the we all got a glass of sparkling wine and the ladies go to check in and the men stay to identify the luggage. I touched my bag and got into trouble, as the bell boys at the hotel take it straight to your room for you!! we checked in which was a breeze, then went the room, with the bell boy leading the way with our cases. We didnt like the view from the first room so asked to change. They upgraded us to a sea view room right on the beach and didnt charge us any extra. They even got our bags brought from one room to the other!!! The room was amazing, very big, comfy bed, mini bar that was stocked and replensished daily. The bathroom had a brilliant walk in shower, and was again massive. Very fresh room just decorated.

The reastraunts at the resort were all brilliant for food. The service in them all was fantastic bar Seagrapes which was rather unfriendly and very slow, on our first visit we waited 20 minutes for service, while the staff stood about talking. The second visit I asked for a fruit plate which I am still waiting for!! Feathers food was incredible, I had steak and it was a low in fat premium cut cooked to perfection, the seafood trio to start was as fresh as can be and the service was amazing. The same goes for the rest of the reastruants although feathers is the pinacle.

Breakfasts had healthy options, bacon, eggs and they have a smothie station and omlete station were it is all made fresh!!!

The entertainments team was okay, with O'Neill being a very nice guy and good at getting you involved. We went to tie die class and played beach volleyball.

I went snorkelling while my wife went to the beauty saloon. The reefs were lovely and my wife had a good time. We also went on the suset cruise which was incredible on not only the experience but also in the fact its included in the package!!

All the staff were brilliant excpet at the Burea du exchange. The staff there were shockingly rude, very unpleasant and not in fit to work at a resort like couples. Although I dont think anything will get done as i complained and it was met with a laugh!

The swim up bar was brill and we had cocktails all day everyday and even had a Bob marley shot!!! Try it!

All I can say is there is to much to write and you will get bored reading this. To sum it up, dont bother reading all the negative reviews, we read them and didnt see one bad thing apart from the burea. So book it, go and love it like we did. Just a magical place on a magical island

3 Thank athleticpaul
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My wife and I actually live in Jamaica and have stayed at quite a few hotels before. Quite frankly, this one was a let down. I have always wanted to stay at Swept Away and finally I did. If I hadn't stayed at other Couples properties before (namely Couples Tower Isle and Couples San Souci) I would not want to visit another Couples property. I will rate each area below as good, average and poor.
Good...the beach is fabulous, the property and sporting complex are really nice.
Average....the room.
Poor.....
1) Housekeeping. There was no turn down service, and one day they came after 4pm.
2) Food. Variety was poor, menu options repetitive, desserts not appealing
3) Internet. There was no wireless internet in the rooms as was advertised
4) Staff overall. Very impersonal. Not friendly or interested in interacting with the guests, they just seemed to be doing their job. My wife made a comment that she felt invisible. It was the exception instead of the norm when we encountered a friendly "hello" from the staff.
Overall, we have only one more property to visit in the Couples chain, but in order of favorite to worst, San Souci ranks best, with Tower Isle a very close second, and Swept Away undoubtedly the most disappointing.

4 Thank gordonpierre88
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and I chose to be married on the beach at Couples Swept Away. It was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. The staff was incredible and made everything perfect and stress free. They were very accommodating and quick to take care of anything you need, which is rare in Jamaica.

The resort is all-inclusive, and there are few things you can’t do while you are there. I can't even list everything we did. We played tennis with the amazing pros, took dance lessons, worked out in the fitness center (just to name a few things). The rooms were beautiful, ours was right off the beach and the view was amazing. Because you are on an island with sand everywhere, it doesn’t take long for the room to get sandy and lizards/bugs will get into the villa if you leave the patio door open, but the staff cleaned the room from top to bottom everyday. Additional services are pricy, but so much is included that you really don’t anything else.

I would absolutely recommend the resort to anyone interested in vacationing in Jamaica!

Storrs, CT
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We just got back from Couples Swept Away and there is nothing I would have changed about the resort or trip. The food was great, the help at the resort was outstanding, the beach is beautiful, and the room was perfect. We stayed in an ocean view room and could see the blue water from our private balcony. Despite being "bigger" than some resorts, the feel was very cozy and never felt crowded. We were able to sign up for any extra we wanted and get reservations for dinner any time we wanted. Many people told us that it would not be our last trip to Jamaica and they were right, we will be back again next year! Thanks CSW!

2 Thank EOSmithSwanson
Caribbean
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband and I visited Couples Swept Away to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and renew our vows. Overall we were pleased with our stay. The ladies in the wedding office put together a beautiful vow renewal on the beach for us - it was everything we could have hoped for and then some. They took care of all the details so we could just relax and enjoy each other. This was definitely the highlight of our trip.
The rooms are basic, but nice and clean. We stayed in a beachfront verandah room on the 3rd floor and loved our view. It's true what everyone says about the palapas - it's impossible to snag one unless you are a very early riser. We never had any problem getting a lounge chair under a palm tree for some shade. The ocean is beautiful, calm, and relaxing for a swim. One disappointment was that my husband's sandals that we had just purchased for this trip were stolen from beside our lounge chair while we were swimming in the ocean. We were glad it wasn't something more valuable (like the camera we also had in our beach bag), but it was still an annoyance to mar an otherwise relaxing vacation.
We ate in all of the restaurants and found the food to be pretty good. It was the best in Feathers. Service was excellent there, as well as in Lemongrass and Patois. We found the service in the Palms to be hit or miss - many staff were great, but it was clear that others did not want to be there. Drinks were delicious at the various bars and the two grills, Cabana and Seagrapes, were nice and fast for snacks on the beach during the day.
We were very impressed with the fitness center - the pool was never crowded and we loved the wellness bar. I also took the spinning, yoga, and pilates classes and they were all excellent. We had a wonderful couples massage in the spa over there and the salon did a beautiful job on my hair for our vow renewal.
Definitely try some of the activities if you can - the snorkeling trip was great. The orientation is a good idea to do on your first day - it helped us figure out where everything was as the property is rather large. We also enjoyed the beach bonfire one night until a guy next to us lit up a cigar, which kind of killed the mood. We would recommend that the resort prohibit smoking during organized activities, as it made certain things unpleasant for the non-smokers.
We were generally happy with the resort and the beautiful grounds and beach. Everyone there is in love, which made it a special and romantic place to spend time together!

3 Thank beachtraveler10
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I recommend CSA to any couple who wants the ultimate vacation. I was so impressed by this place! I can't say enough about the staff, they truly went above and beyond! Everyone had a smile on the entire time, it was contagious. Cindy is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. She works at the Palms restaruant. The beach was amazing! It made it more amazing that the water is so calm you can take your float in the ocean and relax. I nearly fell asleep everyday in the ocean!! The pool bar is awesome and we spent a good amount of time there. Onique and Frazer are the best!! If you find yourself at the pool bar, ask for a Mr. T. This drink was named after my fiance and it is VERY tasty!!!The food is great! Our favs were Lemongrass...the lamb was awesome! We really liked the grill beside the pool bar, excellent jerk chicken! The sweet potato chips that you will hear everyone rave about...are all they are cracked up to be! We had a great dinner at Feathers...guys ask for more portions, they are very small. If you like martinis, I suggest you ask for a couples martini at the martini bar. See if you can finish it! Also, there is a nightclub and they have different themes every night and its a blast. People will be selling things they hand made on the sidewalks of the hotel...make sure you dont take the first price offered. All the water activities are included so if you like to stay busy you definately can. I recommending getting an underwater camera before you go, the water in the ocean is so clear you can see all the fish and starfish and stingrays! This was our second all inclusive vacation (our 1st being Mexico) and CSA exceeded any expectations we had going in. There are photographers on site walking around taking pics of couples on the beach , in the pool, at dinner, pretty much everywhere. You can go everyday and look at the pictures they took and they will create a folder for your pics. At the end of your stay you can pick which ones you would like to buy, if any. I wanna give a shout out to the photographer SHANE, who was awesome, and really got a lot of great pics of me and my fiance, and some friends we made along the way. Just to warn you, the pics are pricey but the moments they capture are priceless...we ended up with 17 pics, costing around $130. Our room was better than I expected, we stayed in an Atrium Suite. This did not have a mini bar or tv which we didnt miss. You wont spend too much time there anyway. I could go on and on but I will stop here. I cant see how anyone could have a bad time here, it was perfection. I almost teared up while waiting to leave.

3 Thank amieandfrank
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Sandy Haven Resort
Hedonism II
#17 of 81 in Negril
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay

Been to Couples Swept Away? Share your experiences!