My husband and I spent a fabulous 7 days at Couples Swept Away in April 2010. After a long flight, we arrived in Montego Bay and were greeted by the wonderful staff at the Couples lounge. This is were you check in your worries and start your stress free vacation. After enjoying our Red Stripe, we were off with our wonderful driver along the beautiful and scenic 1.5 hour drive. Some people have stated that the drive was very long, but we found that it gave us a chance to see the beautiful country side and a bit of culture.
When we arrived to the resort, we were offered a cold towel and a glass of champagne while we checked in, which took about fifteen minutes. We were later escorted to our Atrium suite. What a wonderful and romantic room. Big and comfortable bed, very clean room and a fabulous hammock on the patio. Our room was located besides a beautiful garden were they had many weddings during our stay. We really enjoyed the Atrium suite and intend to book it again during a future vacation. There are no televisions or mini bar in that room category, but we enjoyed not having a TV.
The food at the resort was delicious, the best we have had at an AI. There were a great selection of healthy food. We loved the fact that the buffet was not filled with fried foods. During our week, we ate great steaks, shrimps, scallops and crab (there were many options on the menu for people who do not enjoy seafood). We tried all restaurants and enjoyed them all. We also liked the fact that you could get fine spirits like Crown Royal, Jose Cuervo Tequilla, Appleton Estate Rum and Bailey's.
The beach is spectacular. Fine white powdery sand and crystal clear water. The resort supplies you with floating rafts which are fantastic. We spent a great deal of our holiday just floating in the water of Long Bay beach. The beach vendors are numerous, especially if you take a walk on the beach off the resort. They will always try to sell you stuff, but a simple no thank you does the trick. We found the beach to be so beautiful that we did not go to the pool once, so we cannot comment on the pool.
We did a few excursions with the resort. The snorkling was fun and beautiful. The catamaran cruise was a blast. We also went to Rick's cafe to see the divers. It is quite worth the cab fare to go see these men jump from the cliffs and the dead tree that is like 25 meters in the air.
I have to comment on the great staff. Every person we encountered were very pleasant from the front desk, to the waiters, the bartenders, the cooking staff, the entertainement staff, the watersports team, the cleaning staff and the drivers.
We have been going to AI for the past ten years (Mexico, Dominican and Cuba), this was our first vacation to Jamaica and to Couples and it will not be our last. Couples Swept Away is a very special place. There is an atmosphere at the resort that promotes romance and relaxation. We would definitely recommend this resort to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril