We traveled to CSA on 6/26-7/3. The resort is beautiful. The beach is beautiful. The people are friendly. We had the garden view room in the old section no tv, no minibar, no complaints. So what went wrong ?? Ants, tiny little ants all over our bathroom these little creatures were on the wall on the sink on the toilet everywhere. I called the front desk three times and every time they told me that they will send "someone" to take care of it no one ever came. Also, it rained almost everyday in Jamaica we were supposed to have an umbrella in our room but there was none. I called the front desk they said they will send "someone" to bring it over. The next day it started to rain in the evening and we had dinner reservations at Feathers still no umbrella. I called and ones again and they said that "someone" will bring it over I asked when will it be and they told me ones the rain stops. It rained throughout the night.
Service, where do I start... I don't mind the slow service but I do mind being ignored multiple of times by the staff.. if you call someone over they just look at you and keep doing what ever they were doing as if you are not there.
Food, there is a very little variety to choose from they will have either lamb, chicken, goat or snapper and rice or potatoes and salads. Breakfast no complaints just got a little boring after a while. Lunch is a buffet at the Palms not much to choose from and it's always the same. If you like sea food you won't find it here but they do serve grilled snapper- everyday. At Feathers you may find shrimp and boiled salmon. Dinner- we ate at the Palms twice and both times we had the same menu. Feathers- awesome. Thai- is equivalent to any fast food chinese restaurant in NYC. Also note that there is no ACs in any of the restaurants but they do bring wet cloths so you can wipe your sweat while eating.
I was glad to see that the catamaran and glass bottom boat are included in the package so we did both. We also took the shuttle to Pirates cave. It's a bar packed with tourist and you have to wait for about an 1.5hr until the shuttle picks you up.
In conclusion, the place is overpriced and we will never go back to CSA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, Agoda and Reservation Counter so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril