My husband and I stayed at Couples Swept Away for our honeymoon in March of 2005. We could not have picked a better place! This place had just what you need after the stress of a wedding. It was couples only of course (no kids) and very relaxing. Instead of a huge highrise resort, it was spread out sort of like villas. We were in the newer section (room 3121) which looked exactly like the pictures from the website. Our room was beachfront (literally steps away from the beach), with a big porch, mini bar which was fully restocked each day, and a bathroom with a tub. (The older section only has stand up showers and no mini bars). The grounds of the resort were perfect - beautiful flowers and beaches.
One of the best aspects of this trip was the people. We could not get over how nice and helpful every person we came in contact with was. From the moment we stepped off the bus from the airport, we felt great. The service at the hotel was amazing. Everyone is friendly and would bend over backwards to make sure we had what we needed. The security at the resort was also a plus. They had security on the beach/resort throughout the day and all night.
There were plenty of choices for food as well. Breakfast and lunch are offered in the main dining area as various ethnic buffets, and dinner in this area is more formal. (No flip-flops or hats for the guys). I am a picky eater, but they seem to do a great job of getting a wide variety of foods on the menu. If you want a more intimate, fancy dinner, you can make reservations at Feathers across the street. The food at Feathers was amazing!! Dinner also had live entertainment each night which was really great.
Also across the street is a huge sports complex (gym, spa, tennis courts, sports bar) which was great, although it's a little too hot to work out in the open air in Jamaica unless you're used to it. We had a couple of massages which we enjoyed very much.
The beach and the views were awesome - we were never crowded and didn't have to get out at the crack of dawn to get a chair. They have several bars and even offered beach bar service. We did find it was faster just to get drinks ourselves most of the time though. The resort offered so many activities, excursions, and water sports if you wanted to participate (even Jamaican cooking classes), but we didn't get harrassed about these either like some other places do. They also schedule a nightly activity like dinner on the beach, bonfire and acoustic music, or a movie on the beach. We would highly recommend the bonfire and music!
We really can't say enough about this place - we would not have wanted to be anywhere else for our honeymoon! If we had to list anything to change, it would have been the bed - it was extremely firm and towards the end of the week, we were ready for a soft bed! The only other downfall is the bus ride from Montego Bay. We had a slow bus driver on the way to the resort which was almost 2 hours. The ride back to the airport was a little terrifying in about 1 hour and 15 minutes. These two minor things would certainly not keep us from going back though. Definitely a fantastic honeymoon spot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril