Couples Swept Away
$313
$190
$90
$65
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$78
$160
$854
$484
Hotels.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
5,638 results
All reviewscabana grillsports complexatrium suitesea grapespatois patiocatamaran cruisemartini bargreat houseultimate chocolatebanana stuffed french toastaura loungefeathers restaurantpatios patiolemongrass restaurantour honeymoonfish tacosswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2005

My husband and I were married at Couples Swept away last month and it was the most awesome, wonderful, romantic wedding, honeymoon and vacation ever. We had a perfect time and didn't have a single complaint. The food was to die for, the staff was courteous and fun, and the resort was very clean. We had an oceanfront room, 2nd floor and our view was beautiful.

The wedding went perfectly and Nikki is the best wedding coordinator ever. We just loved her and still keep in touch with her.

We met another couple who said they have been there 9 times, and we can understand why. We are hoping to go back next year.

• Stayed: February 2005
27  Thank Prego41
Reviewed March 31, 2005

I stayed at this resort in April 2004. My sister got married here and a few days later I got engaged!
I loved everything about this place. The food was great, the people were amazing, (never stayed somewhere where they call just to make sure everything is okay!). There was always something to do. All kinds of activities. I'm more of the 'lay on the beach w/ a drink nearby' type, so I didn't really participate in any activities. It's nice that the staff let you know if something is going on, but they don't push you into anything.
The rooms were fantastic! You barely knew there were other people at the resort when you were in your room, but everything is so secluded, we felt like we were the only ones there!
The other plus is that this is a couples only resort so it was nice to not have any screaming kids there, either.
I would recommend this resort highly to anyone seeking a relaxing vacation or to "get away from it all". This is THE place!

• Stayed: April 2004
22  Thank twink73
A TripAdvisor Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2005

My wife and I went to CSA from 22 to 29 March 2005. We had a great time. CSA was wonderful: hotel facilities, room, staff, food and drink all excellent. I cannot really understand people's criticisms, they must have been unlucky.

Food was healthly and fresh. We even got up early for breakfast. Staff were polite and always smiling, some of the best I have seen. Beach was not crowded and we always got a spot in the shade: some guys reserved the good seats early but there was not the mass of people getting on the beach to reserve loungers at 6am.

What I would say is that it is a great 4* all-inclusive, what it is not to a super 6* luxury hotel. You get what you pay for, simple as that. If you go there expecting the ultimate in luxury you will be disappointed: that is maybe why it got some so-so reviews, expectations were too high. However if you expect one of the best 4* hotels on the island, with a relaxed staff and easy atomsphere where you can do as much or as little as you want, then go to CSA!

On rooms, we were in the first building in the new section, beachfront room. It was perfect: worth the extra spend. Watching the sunset from the balcony every evening with a cool glass of white wine was something to savour. I would have reservations about going further into the new section as there is a loud nightclub/bar which is not part of the resort at the end of the new section which pumped out music until 2am some nights. Maybe the atrium rooms in the old section or beachfront rooms at the middle or end of old section would be quieter.

One massive word of caution: Air Jamaica. We were lucky on the way out, our flight was on time. The rep at the airport said that normally the flight is delayed by 7 hours. We were not so lucky on the way back: 12 hour delay. 4 hours in Montego Bay, an extra flight to Kingston, 5 hours in Kingston with no water and then a flight back leaving in the early hours of the morning. Staff really didn't care. If you ask the travel agents they will say: Air Jamaica has got over its troubles but is back to normal. It is not. Really think about it. It may be worth flying with an American airline via the States. Not a direct flight, but maybe worth it. We heard some horror stories of parents missing weddings etc because there was no flight in time. I would not left Air Jamaica spoil your holiday, as CSA is worth the trip.

Minus Air Jamaica, absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2005
27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Hopewell, New Jersey
Reviewed March 27, 2005

Couples Sweptaway was simply awesome! The staff was wonderful, the food was great and they have very nice recreation facilities. We stayed in the new section in a beachfront room the third week of March. The doors opened up right onto the beach, and what a beautiful beach it was! While on the beach, if you need anything - just see Elvis. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2005

We have just returned to the UK having been married at CSA on the 16 th of March.Having travelled to many holiday destinations in the carribbean and various other parts of Asia and Europe i can say CSA was the best all round by a mile. The wedding ceremony and following party with our guests will always stay in our memory together with the resort and it staff who can not be faulted in any way.
Everyone in the resort seemed to be on a high from cleaner to manager and its a credit to the owner and his staff.
We would jump at the chance to return but only when that abismal Air Jamaica cease to operate.
Left at heathrow for 2 days and 8 hours on return form Montego Bay with an extra 129 people for the previous day in a distressed state when the plane failed to arrive at all.
Paid an extra £2600 to the agent previously to upgrade to business class yet the recline and foot rests were broken on the seats that had also been sold twice over when we eventually boarded.It is a joke
Abismal in every way and a disgrace as an Airline it almost ruined everything and beliveve me thet dont give a d--- either.

10  Thank John S