Went to Swept Away in January 2005 was very happy with the resort. Think they have alot right but there were some negatives as well. Most are small annoyances and kind of chisel at the great things of the resort.
The good: the old style rooms, beach, general atmosphere, the people and staff, overall experience, wide layout of the resort, was very romantic, Sunsets.
If you are active and ask questions you can get plenty of value from the resort.
The bad: Niggeling little things that would not be a big expense taking away from the vacation(considering what the price you pay 2200 PP all inclusive on a busy week. Also toward the end of the week the place got more crowded still ok though. Once they have the new builidng on line it may be too crowded if thy do not increase facilitys
beach was excellent, the rest of the seven mile beach not including beaches and the resorts on bloody bay was eroded and looked quite sad.
service on the beach was excellent with flag service. People seemed to like the drinks but there was no fresh fruit juice drinks all mix type. Beer all draft and tap water only with no botteled water.
The water doesent seem to be a problem so I would give them a pass but this is a small item that they could provide as it is somthing people drink as normal.
Pleny of chairs avialble all with floats. Shade mostly available usuelly helped to get up early and get shade areas.
Very small and not much use in it. The beach is so nice that it is not a focus of this resort.
very easy to get onto everything sailing etc toward the end of our trip it got more tight but the water sport people were freindly and even took us out sailing till we got the hang of it. Snorkling was very good. They did not have water skiing all the time (another chisel factor.)
catemeran tour was ok but came back before sunset boo. We saw others go at sunset which would be much nicer. Also on the cat tour, which is contracted, they did not insist people swimming to the caves wear life vests and one guy almost drowned. Yea you have to be responsible but this is an over sight by the resort. Biking tour was fun but the biking equipment was garbage all they kept saying was they will have 6 new bikes in one or two weeks. With the price of bikes compared to saftey and what people are paying for this place these bikes should all have been upgraded years ago. Also this tour could be longer.
Overall the food and service was very good. I would not say 5 star but everything was very good to passible( with all inclusive you figure out what was good and eat that.)
Perrier Served at dinner was nice touch.
French restaurant was tasty and they would give you as much as you wanted ie can i have steak and shrimp, really good service in this restaurant. thai was very good more asian than strict thai but at the end of the meal at these places you would wait for a check. It was great eating under the stars at the thai restaurant.
I prefer service restarants and you do not have to make a reservation at the thai while the french you could make one day before. In a pinch they always have 9 pm reservations at french, at least while I was there. I ate thai 1/2 the time and frech the other 1/2 also had two nights of buffet. Did not prefer the dinner buffets nor the the main restaurant food was not as good and less good choices ie cheaper. Beach party had good local food but no specialty ie shrimp or steak.
Never ate at the italian on the beach as it was buffett and did not look that good.
beach grill had good fresh fruit drinks and good choices with service great jerk chicken etc.
Main lunch buffet was always nutrious and had good tasting food for lunch.
Amazing breakfast with fresh juice great breads, eggs, pancakes, waffels,etc.
Not very good which is strange because the breads were so good.
breakfast room service
Excellent breads and coffee. Where is the fresh juice? it is only at breakfast buffet.
Sports bar ok
beach bars very cool with great bartenders should be kept open latter.
Good mixed drinks no fresh juice no bottled beer
Martini bar best bar with lychee, watermelon and other types of drinks inclding bottled beer(yea) They serve from this bar to the Thai restaurant.
Good house chamapgne(at least I liked it and drank it the whole time.)
Pleny of name brand liquor even more so at the Martini Bar.
Rooms and grounds:
We had a atrium suite great room though kind of older. All of the window slats open making your room like it was outside. Also there is a huge veranda with couch and Hammock. fit right in with the grounds all low rise and very relaxing. Love this part of the resort. upstairs have high ceiling and bathroom is open to the room. Slight negative but overall great rooms think i would prefer the older to the newer rooms which are more tightly packed and seem smaller though still nice. Also my room had a partiall ocean view which was very nice.
Some complained they had a garden suite right by the road and was very noisy.
Not something you will find readly at this resort. People in bed by 12.
Have great facilities though did not prefer the open air gym. Great tennis. Volleyball only ok and not a focus. Nice squash and raquetball courts.
Would rate this resort 4.5 stars if they had the option
Email me if you have any questions regarding this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril