Couples Swept Away
$160
$109
$55
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$91
$58
Hedonism II(Negril)
$639
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$140
$125
$484
$469
Bookit.com
$94
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
Cancelon
5,703 results
All reviewscabana grillsports complexatrium suitesea grapespatois patiocatamaran cruisemartini bargreat houseultimate chocolatebanana stuffed french toastaura loungefeathers restaurantpatios patiolemongrass restaurantour honeymoonfish tacosswim up bar
Reviewed December 13, 2004

My wife and I were at CSA Nov. 28th thru Dec. 4th. The only regret is that we didn't schedule a longer stay. It was everything and more than we expected. Weather was fantastic and staff and accommodations were all first class. We are already talking about a return trip. So many times you study a vacation plan and it just doesn't live up to your expectations. CSA was a refreshing exception. Thanks so much to everyone and we will see you soon.

3  Thank rickh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 10, 2004

This resort truly lives up to all these glowing reviews. As I read review, after review, after glowing review before I left, I thought, this place can't be THAT good. It is, really ! We were there from 12/1 to 12/10.
You will be made to feel welcome at the airport, in the Couples lounge. Have a Red Stripe, if you are a beer drinker. I guarantee that it will not be your last. That is some fine beer. My luggage was lost, and the greeter at the airport told me that the resort would give me a T Shirt to wear until my luggage came. Which they did. How is that for going the extra mile ? The ride from the airport is long, but there is plenty to see. I didn't think it was bad.
Rooms are just wonderful. That minibar is the only way to go. I lived on Red Stripe, Ting and bottled water out of that fridge. The maid service is quick, and unobtrusive, and they leave the room looking great.
The food is very, very good. Spicy and very flavorable. Many have commented that the portions are small, I was well satisfied at each meal. The dining room does not always open right on time, but so what. Where else do you need to be ?
Entertainment was OK. Casino and Auction was fun.
Drinks, oh my goodness...... I just went down the menu ! They are very tasty and they will happily give you as much booze as you want, as often as you want it ! That on top of the bottles of rum, vodka, gin and scotch in the room, oh yah, and the beer and don't forget the bottle of red and white wine in our room. Sorry liver !
The water sports are great. Good equipment, friendly helpful crew. Never a shortage of equipment, either.
The glass bottom boat and the catamaran were very fun. I decided not to go snorkling, because there were not many fish to see on the glass bottom boat tour.
The water and beach are just marvelous. I spent hours bobbing along on the floating pad.
I have one tiny frustration with the place. There is conflicting and confusing schedules re: activities. I never did figure out how to know when things were happening.
I cannot recommend this resort highly enough. Have the time of your life. It's all good, mon.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 7, 2004

I was there Nov 26 - Dec 1st with my wife for our honeymoon and it was perfect. We reserved an atrium room and it was gorgeous. We had a big bed, vaulted ceilings, and the hammock was used the whole weekend. We ate at the Thai resteraunt twice, Feathers, the veggie bar, and the buffet and they were all good. We liked the thai food the best, followed by the buffet at the beach party. We enjoyed the booze cruise and especially the snorkelling. Everything was included and we only spent about $40 on gifts to bring home with us.

All of the employees were very nice and we really enjoyed it when our servers would start singing along to the bands. It made us like we were at a party than dinner. We also recieved the free couples massage and it was soooo relaxing.

I would definately recommend and we're already planning our second trip back for next year.

3  Thank Hoser_71
A TripAdvisor Member
las vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 6, 2004

Where do I begin?! My husband and I wanted a romantic wedding in a fantastically tropical location where our every whim was taken care of! Couples Swept Away was that place! We got married May 26, 2004 and planned our FAB wedding with Tamika the wedding coordinator for the resort. First off, shes fabulous!!! There is a 'slight' lag in response time when emailing so my suggestion is to just call...it will save you the frustration. Secondly, secure your wedding date and time as soon as you can. I had a mental breakdown because we werent able to secure the time we wanted...which was 4pm...in teh end, it actually worked out even better because the sun was perfect for pictures at 1pm! We married on the beach with our self-made cd of our wedding song (which is must!0
It took about an hour to schedule all the details a few days before the wedding but they take care of everything and I DEFINITELY recommend the video production. They edited in our music from our ceremony. It costs about $300 but it was so well done that my husband and I STILL CRY every time we watch it.

My parents and aunt and uncle stayed at the same resort for teh wedding and I was seriously concerned that we would always be running into them....but we never did! The property is so vast that we would occasionally see each other during the day but not unless we organized it.

As for the wedding party, we had approx 20 people there for teh wedding and we paid for the guests to stay on the property for 8 hours. The cost is about $75 a head but that includes the wedding, recpetion, a day with access to all of the facility and its offerings. It also included a private dinner in the formal dining room for all the guests. Everyone enjoyed it tremedeously! We decided we would do that again in a heartbeat!
We stayed there for 8 days in a beachfront suite across from the beach bar ....absoulutely AMAZING! STOCKED bar, romantic, views...and the best part? we were in teh OLD section. We both decided when we go back for our 2 yr anniv. we are requesting the older section. Its all grown with beautiful foliage and its more quaint and feels like cottages rather than a hotel. we ordered the breakfast in a few times adn it was always on time. Granted, we enjoyed the buffet in the morning b'c of the selection and variety. One thing I can say for their food service is that it was always different. We know another couple that stayed at Sandals and they were disgruntled about the food they served.

They have all sorts of food selection and places to eat, depending on the time of day. My husband's favorite stop was the self serve soft ice cream machine! Drinks are fabulous! Try the bloody mary! Nice and SPicy! The beach bar service is a little slow so we would usually get our own by walking up...buy HEY! everything else is done for you...walking a few feet to get a frothy drink is no trouble!

There is a resturant upstairs from teh formal dining area where they serve Jamaican cuisine and we definitely wished we would have done that more often because its kind of tucked away and quietly romantic. We never really stayed for the entertainment, being newlyweds and all but its your typical resort scene. Kinda like teh Loveboat entertainment. Workers at the resort dressing up and doing skits everynite. We perferred walking on teh beach at nite. The drive from the airport is longggggggggggg. Be prepared. Going to the resort isnt bad because you can see the island but going to the airport seems long and tedious...I suppose its because you are leaving such a wonderful experience behind!

As for those that gave this resort horrible/less favorable reviews...We will have to disagree totally. I have stayed in 5 star resorts in multiple cities and countries and this my friends, was romantic, organized, quiet and worth the money. You will always have to remember: THere is no clock when you are on vacation, so if your drink takes a little longer or you expect immediate service at the drop of a hat, relax! Its vacation!
Jamaican people are polite, friendly (for the most part) and willing to go the extra mile with equal respect. Treat those as you wish to be treated. Most of the couples we met and got to know had been there over 5 times...and we are joining the Swept Away club...
In fact, we are planning our next visit.....
A perfect wedding on a perfect beach at a wonderful resort...
Life doesnt get any better!

• Stayed: May 2004
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 2, 2004

Couples Swept Away was Great!

Thank you to all you folks who took the time to answer some of my stupid "Couples Resorts" questions. You all helped me find the best one!

PROS: I really loved this place (and I am pretty picky)! Room was great – corner Ocean View in new section. Bar is truly stocked as they advertise. Workout Facility is GREAT (I don't work out, but it inspired me to)!!! The hotel was booked to capacity the week we were there and it did not seem crowded at all. The grounds are immaculate, beach is great (one of the best in Negril I might add - and we checked) Wedding coordinator and services are great and the security on the resort seemed very tight. Security was constantly walking around checking. They also right down your description when you take a public taxi off property.

CONS: Bar service is pretty slow. I noticed the bar beach flags on the beach (for bar service) and the flags seemed to just sit there all day. I think your better of walking to the bar and waiting it out. Unless the bar was empty, you were guaranteed to wait a minimum of 5-10 minutes for a drink. There always seemed to be only one bartender working at each bar.

The entertainment (in my humble opinion) was HORRIBLE!! They seemed to want to play and perform American music i.e. Madonna and the Village people. I love to get the feel of people and their culture when I visit outside the U.S. CSA seemed to really water down their entertainment. It was sort of sad that the entertainment team and the steel band from the beach party all looked like they were under the age of 17. You know they are paying these young children pennies. It's funny though; I did not hear any reggae or steel drums until my last night there. There was plenty of jazz and American 80's pop to be heard.

ROOM: The new section does offer a lot more amenities. Our TV. hardly was used, BUT the stocked bar came in handy when bar service was closed or slow and if you are entertaining folks on your beautiful patio/balcony. Also, if you’re on a budget like me, try getting a Garden Verandah Suite in the new section. The chances of getting an ocean view with these rooms are greater as the landscape is not mature yet and there is nothing obstructing the ocean. Also, you will be much closer to the beach than the older garden rooms.

FOOD: I am a typical American and love large portions. So to say the least I was skeptical about the Reservation only Feathers restaurant. People, don't miss out on this restaurant. The food here in my opinion was better than the dining room. Yes, portions are small, but the food is quality. Also, you can order more if you need to. The sports bar food was good - jerk chicken pizza, chicken wings etc . . I found myself eating here majority of the time.

SERVICE & DRINKS: Service was good. I am the type of person who stays out of the staff’s way and let them do their job. So I wasn't in high demand in requiring services or attention. I enjoyed trying the many types of drinks they make. All were good and they did not seem to be stingy with the alcohol either.

SPA & SALON: They have a lot of services available. I only did one of the spa services. Make sure you budget enough money to enjoy the spa services if interested in it. The prices are not to bad. Massages range for $60-150 depending on the length. The salon services were good, a little pricey in my
Opinion.

Bus Ride & Taxi Service: The bus ride to the resort was nice and quick. It seemed to only take an hour. There is beautiful scenery going and coming. Just an insider tip (thanks to a Couples repeater); do not hail a taxi from the lobby. If you go out on the road (which is directly in front of the security hut) hail a taxi from there. You will save 90% doing it this way. I needed to go over to Couples Negril, which is 5 minutes away and the hotel quoted me something like $10-15. The taxi on the road charged us $2. BIG DIFFERENCE

PROS/CONS: Lastly, CSA is adding on again, so if you can go before the second phase opens you might want to enjoy it before it becomes another mega resort in Jamaica. Also, though there is a no tipping policy; lets be mindful that these people work super hard for very little. If you must go by the Couples “No Tipping Policy” it would be nice to at least bring some school supplies or clothing items in lieu of tips. Remember, maybe 10% of the income generated from these resorts is truly benefiting the employees and the local communities. Normally it’s the big man upstairs that’s gaining from all of this.

Happy & Safe Travels :-)