We stayed at Couples Swept Away for our first trip to the Caribbean and Jamaica. First of all Negril, if you are trying to decide where to stay in Jamaica Negril is the place to go if you are looking for one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - it was a real trip to paradise...My husband and I have been to Thailand, Bali, Malaysia etc and have to say Negril's beach is up there with one of the best beaches we have ever visited!
Couples Swept Away (CSA) is situated in the centre of the 7 mile strip and has one of the cleanest and well maintained sections we felt. I mean they have staff dig holes and push in the seaweed from the morning tide every day, that is how clean it is! Also a good location if you wish to go for a walk or to the cliffs as its a short taxi journey. You do get some local vendors selling their wares on the beach, but you will soon notice its the same people every day and once you have said no one (politely) they basically leave you alone the rest of the trip...some great bands played and are worth tipping if you remember to carry cash with you...
The hotel, the staff were amazing I have to say we were absolutely delighted and taken aback by how friendly, professional and just warm the staff were some of the best customer service experiences we have had on a holiday. We received great service in all the restaurants, beach bars and even from the lovely man who collected the glasses on the beach and offered out cold towels! My husband is very sporty and got on really well with the sports co-ordinators and played beach volleyball every day with guests and staff alike.
Food and Drink - what can I say except simply WOW! I am a real foody and have to say that the quality of food and choices available were amazing! We ate at all the restaurants except Feathers and loved each one for different reasons. Also the cocktails - OMG brilliant! They have all the premium brands available for example Grey Goose Vodka, Top Shelf Whiskeys (Jack/Crown Royale) and the best Martini Bar! There are three bars based on the beach (bar huts) which offer great cocktails and drinks all days and it was touches like this that made it a wonderful holiday.
The room - we had a Garden Veranda room as it was the only one available when we booked via Virgin. It was fine, quite basic but clean and fulfilled our needs. I think if I return (which is quite likely) we will probably go for something a bit more superior next time. The mini bar is topped up with your choice of drinks and full size bottles rather than mini bar sizes of wine and sprits - nice touch!
On the downside we were also near the road and this was quite noisy...and also near a staff entrance of sorts so in the mornings it was noisy when they were collecting their supplies etc.
-Food and Drink (Loved Patois, Lemon Grass and the Beach Restaurant/Café)
-The beach - a slice of paradise- we had a serious case of sand gravity which meant we spent 7 days simply enjoying the amazing beach
-Cocktails - especially the Martini Bar in the evening
-Some great entertainment (brilliant bands/bar tenders/sports coordinators)
-Floaties - you can use the sun loungers as floaties
-Friendly staff - YEAH MAN!
-Beach BBQ yup more food!
-Book into Feathers/Lemongrass as soon as you arrive once you have used up your first booking you can then re-book again
-Book your catamaran trip as soon as you arrive with concierge
-Make sure you visit the Martini Bar
-Try the French Toast in Patois - to die for!
-Be aware that a lot of the water sports involve paying more...!
Though this is the bigger hotel I have to say we found the resort to be just the right size and we still received really personal service, got to know some of the staff well and had as good as a break as we have had in some boutique style hotels. There were a lot of American holiday makers as its so close to the US and lots of people who have been there time and time again but this was no bad thing but did sometimes make you feel you were in Miami rather than Jamaica....however have to say guests were really friendly and polite! We did find that there were a few big groups staying at the resort especially leading up to the weekend and this was a little noisy and distracting but not enough to take away from the overall experience. The beach was never crowded and there were always plenty of sun loungers and we never had to wait for a table in any of the restaurants etc...
I would have to say it is perfect if you are looking for a week or 10 days in the sun, relaxing, drinking cocktails, eating tasty food and siting on a white sandy beach swimming in the azure blue seas with bath warm water...!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril