This was our 4th trip to CSA and our 6th trip to Couples properties. We have been to all 4 of the properties in Jamaica. CSA is by far our top choice. This trip was our best yet. The service, food and resort exceeded our expectations.
We arrived into MBJ and had opted for the Club MoBay VIP service since it was a Saturday and we expected long lines in immigration and customs. We saved probably a good hour by having the VIP service. Once we got through we checked in at the Couples lounge and went next door to the VIP lounge. We were at the lounge maybe 20 minutes before we boarded the bus to CSA. We had a very good driver who pointed out a lot along the way. Being our 4th time to that side of the island we know the area pretty well so it was fun talking to newbies on the bus about Jamaica. We stopped for a brief minute at CN to drop off those guests and then we were on our way to CSA.
Upon arrival we were greeted with the champagne and cold cloth although it was dark and not really hot so I didn't use the washcloth. We checked in and were asked if we would mind moving from the original room they booked us in to another so that 2 sets of friends could be near each other. We would have been in building #4 next to the lobby. We ended up in building #7 which was more centrally located and much better for us! After getting to our room we went to find dinner as it was Lobster night and 7:00 pm by this time. We started off at Pataois. Great service!
I will go into detail of the various areas of the resort:
* Room - Great room, no problems at all. (Only thing I do not like is the open top bathroom. You hear everything.) It was clean and stocked everyday. We did not get turn down service the first 2 nights, but did every night after that.
* Palms - Excellent food and service. As divers we would eat a quick breakfast before our morning dives on the outside of Palms at the pool. Stacey Anne was always cheery and provided great service! Peter & Lincoln at the Palms bar were top notch! They knew what my husband and I liked to drink and they always started it when they saw us walking up. Excellent service!
* Seagrapes - Excellent food everyday. One day it took 25 mins for someone to take my order. I saw several other couples sit down and have their orders taken first. Once they realized I had been there for awhile they quickly got our food out. Not a big deal, but we were pretty hungry. The chefs O'Shane & Jarvis were awesome as they would grill up my husbands lionfish hunts when we came in from diving.
* Pataois - Excellent food and service. We ate here for breakfast one day and dinner a couple of nights. Jonnoy a server was a stand out employee for us. Repeaters Dinner with Cleopatra at our table was excellent as usual.
*Grill - Excellent food and service. Never any issues.
*Swim up bar - We are more of beach people but when we did go Kavian was excellent. When we went to the grill we would go over to the swim up bar for our drinks to bring back to the grill.
*Spa - I used the salon for my vow renewal hair and makeup. I cannot remember the lady I had but she was excellent and did exactly what I wanted by the picture I brought in. We also got a 1 hour couples massage. I get massages every month back home and my massage at CSA this trip was not a very good one. It was ok though I get them every month back home and hubs enjoyed his since he only gets them in Jamaica. I wish the mineral pool would have been hotter. It was only cool.
* Beach - Same perfect beach as always. Vendors seem to be a little more bothersome this trip then in the past but a simple no thanks got them on their way. I still get annoyed at the people who put towels out before the crack of dawn. Management should crack down on that. We were always able to find a chair but not always a floatie.
* Dive Team - We have only been diving since August 2012 and had our first ocean dives at CSA in November 2012. This trip we returned as Advanced divers. The dive team was top notch. They were safe and always made the dives enjoyable. Shaggy, Cooper, Gilani, Anthony and the rest of the crew were awesome. My husband got lionfish hunt certified with Anthony which was a great experience for my husband. We dove everyday and on our first day swam with a family of 5 dolphins. Best dive of our lives so far! We did 1 night dive with Gilani. We had done night snorkeling before but never diving. We didn't see much, but it sure was awesome!
*Wedding office - We renewed our vows on our 10 yr wedding anniversary (12/20/13) we also had done this on our 5 year at CSA. We went with the basic package and our friends who were staying at CN came over to CSA for the ceremony. Everything went perfect.
*Departure -left at 11am for a 3:35pm flight out of MBJ. Got our departure gift and boarded the bus with our sad faces. Opted for Club MoBay at MBJ and again worth every penny!
Upon our return home to the states we booked Couples trip #7 back to CSA where I will celebrate my 40th birthday in February 2015. There is no place I would rather be then home at Couples Swept Away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril