Stayed here Dec 21-28th 2013. I'll Start by saying I had read prob a thousand reviews on this place before we booked. Met all of my expectations. The beach is AMAZING. Worlds biggest bathtub. Calm calm waters. Floated around endlessly for hours on end day after day.
The staff is above and beyond. The food was the best I've had for all inclusive. The drinks. well no one will complain they don't make them strong enough. I actually had to request them to make them a little lighter.
If you get a chance to go into Negril itself. Sweet Spice is a very nice place to get some authentic Jamaican food off the resort that is not very far to get too. Took about 10mins to get there and 10 to get back.
As far as the restaurants Patois was my favourite all around breakfast lunch and dinner. banana stuffed French toast for breakfast( to die for). Pineapple jerk pizza for lunch ate it every day. or had them make one and took it back to my room. feathers would be 2nd on the list. at the end of the day all of them were above what you would expect for an all inclusive.
Romantic bonfires on the beach were relaxing. Nightly entertainment seemed. rather slow. But most nights I was tired enough that I was out like a light by 10pm. Noise that people complain about wasn't bad. Was in building 10 right beside the road and patois. the noise from the road didn't bother me nearly as much as the crickets. And let me tell you for what your getting the crickets don't matter at all lol.
As far as stuff included to do with the resort there is more than you can do in a week from scuba to catamaran or shopping trips. I would Suggest you only pick a couple of them if you're only there 7 days and really spend your time enjoying one of the best beaches in the world.
Some of the staff that deserves mentioning. If you get a chance to ever meet marlene at the patois bar. Make sure to say hi to her. She will make your trip. Shaun at the beach bar another fantastic worker with a great personality.And Jarvis the cook from seagrapes. Had him cut me open a coconut every afternoon. fantastic. fish tacos are a must. And Friday night Jamaica night at the palms or on the beach the buffet is all authentic Jamaican food. Curried goat, Oxtail. stew beef. don't miss it. I'm sure I missed a lot of things.I can understand why so many people I've met continue to go back year after year. It is the relaxing resort of resorts, A great place to get married spend an anniversary or simply take some time away with a loved one.
Sean Ramsingh and Katherine Liautaud, Were Engaged here on the beach Dec 27th 2013.
Thanks you for the fantastic vacation I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril