“Couples Swept Away was beyond wonderful”
Review of Couples Swept Away

Couples Swept Away
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I can't even think of enough adjectives to describe how amazing our vacation was...
All of the reviews are great - just a few points to make.
The road noise is an issue- request a room away from the road - we didn't. We survived but wish we had tried to switch rooms (it didn't ruin our vacation though).
Feathers is better than Lemongrass - both places are really good. However, don't be heartbroken if you can't get into them. We thought Patios was awesome and actually like not being tied down to a reservation time. In fact when we return we will skip Feathers and Lemongrass and just eat at Patios (mostly because then hubby won't have to pack dress pants and dress shoes). I have been to other all inclusives and the food at Couples is way better than anywhere else I have been.
The spa is awesome - my only comment is that since this is a couples resort there should be a couples dressing room. I would still go back to the spa in a heartbeat because the couples massage was amazing.
The grilled snapper on the dinner menu at the pool Grill was fantastic as well as the jerk pork kabob wrap at the same Grill on the lunch menu.
Service was great - when they say "no worries" they pretty much mean "NO WORRIES". Our reservations was actually made for the wrong days or recorded for the wrong days but the lounge at the airport contacted Swept Away and it was all taken care of and fixed before we got there to check in.
Love the fact that there were umbrellas in your room. The rain did not bother us during the day (in a swimsuit who cares if you get rained on, in fact we hung out at the pool when it did rain). But the one night we were going to Lemongrass and it was raining - we appreciated the fact that we had an umbrella in our room. Very helpful! Goes to show - all details are thought of and our only concern was relaxing and having a good time. We got home a week ago and we are already planning to go back ... someday (I hope that someday is soon).

Room Tip: fall 2013 some people are concerned with construction - do not worry about the construction - worry...
3  Thank dcmal
CouplesSocial, Public Relations Manager at Couples Swept Away, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear dcmal,

We are glad we were able to get your reservation fixed! We are also very happy to hear you enjoyed your massages and our accommodations! We hope you come back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,344)

Reviewed November 2, 2013

After a horrible hotel experience for a girls weekend, a friend recommended Negril Couples Swept Away. We were so happy to get out of the hotel we were at and decided to go to a place our friend had experienced even though it was a couples resort. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home. What a fabulous hotel! The staff is amazing and always wanting to make sure we were happy. The food was incredible. I usually hate buffet but this was above and beyond high quality. The restaurants are incredible. We just had an amazing time. I will be returning with my husband.
The water is gorgeous. The beach chairs included a raft so you could just pull that into the water and float all day. The drinks were wonderful. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this place is. It is truly a couples resort. We made the best of what had started as a disaster.

Room Tip: We choose a room by the pool bar. This gave us quick access to breakfast and the evening piano bar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Patricia4488

Dear Patricia4488,

We are happy that you were able to have a wonderful girls weekend while staying with us! We certainly hope you and your friends decide to come back again!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I am not sure where to start. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. My now husband and I went there to get married. We stayed Sept 7-14 ( I know I am little bit late in writing this review). We have travelled to Jamaica many times and visited other spots in the Caribbean. Jamaica is our favorite place to vacation and that is why decided to get married there.
Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted with a cold towel and a glass of sparkling wine. Nice touch after a long drive in the rain.
We checked in and were given our room, we had room 5306. If you looked thru the trees you could see the water. Once you see the water you just want to stay there forever.
There was no musty smell in the room. Air conditioner worked great and yes we had to turn it off sometimes as it was too cool in the room.
Room was spacious and airy. Love the balcony and knowing that no one could see over from either side.
Never had a problem with the food any where we ate. Drinks were great. Our favorite bartender is Winston. He is at Patois and can make a mean Appleton & coke. He always had a smile on his face and nothing was out of his way to make.
Kevin from the entertainment crew was great. We got to know him over the week we were there. He even came over on his day off to say good bye. Special touch that you don't get in many places.
Our wedding photographer Keithan did an amazing job on our pictures. He really knows his job.
The staff in this hotel always had smiles and spoke when in passing no matter what they were doing.
This is the one place that 2 days in I was already saying I didn't want to go home. I really didn't either.
We had our wedding on the beach and it was everything we wanted it to be. Our guests also loved our time there.
The girls over in the spa who did my hair was great and I can't remember her name. I have had so many compliments on my hair when all my friends saw the pictures.
I think the only thing that I would change would be maybe having a lobby bar or maybe Patois staying open a bit later. We went to the piano lounge one evening and it was just too loud for us.
We did have a bit of rain while we stayed but that can't be helped. The day of the wedding not a drop of rain. Someone was watching over me that day.
Prior to going I was in contact with Shelly Ann and she was amazing. Anything I asked for was no issue and was accommodated upon arrival.
This hotel has made a last impression on me. I wish I was going back soon but probably not until next September for our anniversary.
I loved being able to walk the beach and not being hassled to buy stuff. As mentioned in other reviews about the vendors, a no thank you and they would not bother you. Some of them just want someone to talk to and are happy to tell you about the island.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing, stress free vacation.
I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sammyjay66

Dear sammyjay66,

We are so glad that you chose to have your wedding with us and that you enjoyed your stay! We are happy to hear you and your guests were pleased with the wedding. Hopefully we will be seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went to Couples Swept Away with my wife and 2 other couples from 10/23/13-10/30/13. We are ranging in age from 26-31, I booked the trip with Michael Cunningham from Trip guy Travel. This is the 2nd trip I've booked with him and I'd highly recommend him.

Ill start off by saying I have stayed at several other high rated all inclusive resorts in Mexico, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what to expect for my money. If there was a 4.5 to give CSA that is what they would get, but a few negatives keep it from the perfect 5.

Ill start off with the negatives: I know it is Jamaica but waiting for hours sometimes at dinner and 30 plus minutes for a drink at the beach bar is just unacceptable. This is not always the case, it just depends on who is working that day. About half the time the service was good and about half the time it was just way too slow at the bars and at dinner.

The service for cleaning the room was also spotty. Our first couple of nights were great and the last 4 nights we never knew when the room would be cleaned, 1 day it did not get cleaned at all.

Ok, now for the positives: Now there are all inclusive resorts and then there are couples resorts. I have never seen so much included, there was just so much to do for those who enjoy being active. I took part in water skiing, a catamaran cruise, off site snorkeling, tennis lessons, scuba diving, volleyball, and working out at a fully equipped gym free of cost. There was always something to do. But at the same time you could just float in the ocean without a care in the world.

The beach: Absolutely amazing! I have seen some nice beaches in the Caribbean and this one tops them all. Yes the people selling stuff can get a bit annoying but a simple no thank you and they are usually on their way. We loved the beach floats on the chairs!

The food: Overall the food was very good. We enjoyed getting the basic breakfast and coffee delivered to our room each morning. My only big complaint was the spotty service. Also don't be afraid to customize your order or order 2 or 3 meals at one sitting to try everything.

Lemongrass: Ill start with the bad which is Lemongrass, the food was not very good. It was a nice set up thou.

Feathers: I really enjoyed feathers, we ate there twice and the food was excellent and the service was good. It was also very nice to eat in the a/c.

Patois: My favorite place for breakfast, as others have stated the banana stuff French toast is great! I would also highly recommend the eggs benedict. Lunch and dinner were very good as well but the service was very spotty.

Palms: A very good buffet and the a la carte meal were good as well.

Sea grapes: A very good lunch option. The fish tacos and sweet potato chips were excellent. I did not have long waits as others have stated but my wife and I did eat at the bar area of the restaurant.

The grill: Great for a quick food option anytime of day.

The drinks: The drinks were good but I expected a better quality during the day. At night the liquor options are of higher quality.

The rooms: Now I had low expectations for my garden veranda room but I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed in room 2109 and I thought the location was ideal. I was close to the lobby and in the middle of the resort. Yes, the room was older but it was clean, comfortable, had a excellent a/c and everything was in proper working order.

Request a first floor room for quick access to your room and breakfast delivered on your veranda. Also I had my room sprayed for bugs right when I arrived and had no issues with bugs.

Activities: As stated earlier for those who are active, you wont be able to take advantage of everything in just a weeks stay.

Entertainment: The nightly entertainment was good. The steel drum band was excellent do not miss it on Thursday night. The piano bar was also very good and the dance club good but it all depends on the mood of the people that are there.

Security: I thought security was top notch at the resort. They were friendly and did a great job.

Staff: I really thought most the staff was very nice, even those that were very slow. They don't all move as quick as you would like but they had great attitudes and I enjoyed speaking with them. At the same time you get what you give, don't be a snob and expect to have your as$ kissed. FYI while tips are not typically excepted I did sneak a few employees cash tips and it was greatly appreciated.

Other Guests: Most everyone on the resort was very outgoing and fun to be around. The ages ranged from mid 20's to couples in their 70's.

Extras: We went to YS falls and the pelican bar through one stop vacations. This was a great tour and everyone's favorite part of the trip. I also went on the One love bus tour which was excellent.

Tips for the trip: 1. Speak up and ask for what you want and you will usually be happy. That goes for rooms, food and anything else during your stay.

2. Treat employees with respect and you will get a lot more out of your stay.

3. If you come in a group of people bring walkie talkie radios to communicate with each other. My group did and they were great.

4. Bring bug spray and spray your knees down at night time. We did and never had an issue with sand fleas. Others did not and some had a lot of bites from their knees down.

5. Make Catamaran and dinner reservations upon checking in.

Overall this was a great trip and I will most likely be back sometime in the next few years. This is a lot coming from me because I don't usually stay at the same place twice.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room for quick access to your room and breakfast delivered on your veranda. Ro...
10  Thank Rockyt56

Dear Rockyt56,

We are sorry to hear that you service was less than reliable! We will look into that for you. We are glad that you were able to enjoy all we had offer, especially our excursions! Also thank your for your suggestions! We are glad you enjoyed your trip overall and we certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was our first trip to Couple Swept Away and our 4th time to Jamaica. We are now called Je-Merican..
The food in Jamaica will not bother your stomach...the American money is easy to use everywhere....they speak our language...so we love.. love.. love... to go.
The sunsets at Swept Away will bring you back to this resort...as will the beach...and the food....and the drinks...and the happy staff:) We did the snorkeling and Jullian on the Sport Team was awesome making the event sooooo good. He also took us out on the glass bottom boat tour and informed us of all the area hotels and history. We had Natash and Kurt as our swim up bartenders...and they kept us smiling...took pictures for us and our new friends...and made sure we had a great time. Just Go....you can walk down the beach to Margaritaville and do all your shopping without having to be driven off the resort by the local shops. Highly recommended by this Iowa tourist!!

5  Thank otbaby

Dear otbaby,

We are so glad you had a wonderful first experience and enjoyed the excursions we have to offer! We certainly hope you come back again in the future!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Reporting live from Couples Swept Away. So far a wonderful experience. We are in a BFV room 3320, newly renovated. Nice clean room with an updated bathroom with a magnificent view. The new bathroom has a rainfall shower head, really cool. Room is very clean and the staff is truly amazing. They accommodate our every desire, and in a timely fashion. We are 50 feet from from the most beautiful clear pristine water. When we arrived we were presented with a cool towel and glass of champagne. We were given the room we booked, which was not one of the renovated rooms, but we asked for a renovated room and they made that accommodation for us.

The staff is very friendly and willing to please. So far our favorite place to eat is the Veggie Shack on the beach. Fish sandwich and fish tacos were superb! The sweet potato chips and dip are great. They even have ice cream cones. Beach service is great.

The sunsets here are beautiful! Will report more later in the week.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BongoB

Dear BongoB,
T
hank you for the live report! We are certainly glad that you have enjoyed your stay so far and hope you return for another visit in the future!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

August 10,2013 went to Negril for a destination wedding of our friends Stacey and Erick. WOW,WOW,WOW. What a place a must see and go. The staff was excellent, the restaurants were excellent. There was so much to do there is no way you could get bored. The romantic meal on the beach at night is a must do. The room was incredible, the service fantastic. Entertainment was out of this world. Go, go, go and have fun and be blown away.

Room Tip: Every room was gorgeous but if you can try and get a room on the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon G
CouplesSocial, General Manager at Couples Swept Away, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Sharon G,

We are so glad you enjoyed our resort so much during your stay with us! We do hope to see you back here again in the future!