Just returned yesterday from Couples Swept Away, October 6. We were only able to vacation for four nights and it was very nice. This resort is for BEACH lovers, which I am not, but ABSOLUTELY ENJOYED this beach and the water . . it was great. I don't ever remember spending that much time in the ocean. This is not a resort if you are looking for large pools.
The staff is amazing, friendly, smiling, and all have a great sense of humor. Winston at the beach bar, was amazing and joyous!! Jeffrey and Cooper at the watersports area, private boat rental, one to three hour cruise (Jeffrey was our captain) . .worth every extra cent !!! I can't say enough about the employees and the resort is clean, even though the resort is aged. The pool areas will need some maintenance very soon. You cannot go to this resort and want glamor . . but if you want a real Caribbean atmosphere, this is great. The food at Feathers and all venues was very good. The Steel Band performance was another pleasant surprise as was the beach bonfire . .. .great vocalist!!!
The beach vendors are ALWAYS annoying at any resort, but Couples tries their best to keep them away . .. at a distance.
We didn't mind the long transfer time; great way to see parts of the island. I would return to Couples Swept Away. I would recommend that the resort expand their check-in area; only two or three desks available for service and that can be a problem.
Thanks so much!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril