We went to CSA on September 14-21 for a vacation/anniversary. We decided to book CSA through our travel agent, since he, himself has been there 6 times. It took about a 2 hour ride to get to Negril from the airport in Montego Bay. When we got to CSA, we were immediately greeted with a cold, refreshing towel and some champagne. Check in was not too painful, however our room was not ready, so we went to the Palms to eat (a buffet style restaurant). I had the chicken curry and jasmine rice from the buffet....it was amazing!! We ate at all the restaurants on the property, the only restaurant I was not too impressed with was Lemongrass (a Thai restaurant that you have to have reservations for). Overall, food was very good!
Staff.....staff were very friendly and there were several that stood out of them all. The entertainment crew kept things super fun at night, Tamara, Alex, Travis, and Andre were a blast. We made some friends with the staff at various places, Kirk and Orionn from Feathers restaurant and Jermaine from Patois were super friendly and entertaining.
The room was very plain, but that didn't matter because we didn't spend much time in the room, however, it was very comfortable and exactly what we needed. The only thing I will say, and the reason why they are getting a 4 star versus a 5, is the walls are paper thin. You could hear EVERYTHING from your neighbor.
The Beach was amazing! Never crowded, the water crystal clear. They had these chairs on the beach with floats on top and we floated in the water during the day with drink in hand, and it was just awesome!
There were mornings where we felt the need to workout from indulging in dinner from the night before, so we visited the sports center located directly across the road and it was in tip top shape with a gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, track, and etc.
We took advantage of the all inclusive water sports and really enjoyed the snorkeling. The catamaran was also included and it was the first time we got to swim in caves.....beautiful!
I would highly recommend CSA to anyone that is ready for relaxation, romance and fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril