“CSA Sept. 6 - 13”
Review of Couples Swept Away

Couples Swept Away
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just getting settled after returning from our first trip to CSA. We hate coming back to reality after spending so much time in the crystal clear blue water. That being said I have seen some of the following things mentioned before and am not trying to upset anyone or say our opinion is the right one. This post is just our feelings and observations from this trip.

This was our first trip to CSA. We has been to CN twice, the last time being last year and CSS three years ago so this was not our first time at Couples so we felt we knew what to expect.

We flew in on AirTran from Chicago Midway on a non-stop flight. First time for a non-stop and loved it but not the long drive home when we had to return. We arrived a few minutes early and were ready for some serious beach time and a few (Many) rum based drinks.

We booked Club MoBay for arrival and departure. The representative met us on the ramp as promised and she was very friendly and helpful. She checked our paperwork and we proceeded to the fast track immigration line. We went right through then to the luggage carousel where waited for maybe 5 minutes for our bags. Then on to customs where we again breezed right through. (We need to keep Club MoBay a Secret so it does not get crowded. :o) We had scheduled TimAir and she took us to their desk, then to the Couples Lounge to check in. We really did not use the Club MoBay arrival lounge since we almost immediately went out to our short flight to Negril. We were delayed about 20 minutes but it was due to weather and nothing TimAir could control.

Took a short cab ride to CSA from the Negril Aerodrome and we very excited to be back at Couples. We did the Trading Places last year and went to CSA so we had a general idea of the layout. We walked into the lobby and stood there for a minute or two. An employee walked by and asked if we were checking in and we said yes. He said he would be back and to go to the front desk. No welcome, glad your back or anything. He came back with two cold towels and asked if we wanted some champagne and we said yes. We went to the front desk to check in and were again asked if we were checking in. I filled out the paperwork and started the short process but again not a welcome, glad your here or anything. A complete opposite of our three previous trips.

Once we finished checking in we were told to wait in the lobby and a bellhop would come get our bags. He arrived and I showed him the paperwork listing the room we were in and we were on our way. No talking and information from him during the walk to our room. We were used to the bellhop filling us in on things while going to the room.

We got to the room and the view was great. We had booked a Beach Front Veranda Suite and were lucky enough to get a first floor room. Unless you live on a boat I don't see how you could get a room closer to the water. Very beautiful sunsets from our patio. The room was what we expect when we go to Couples. As some have said maybe some of the rooms need a freshening up but we are in the tropics and things do wear out. We do not want or expect the shiny marble, polished concrete and those things. We like the tropical feel of Couples. I have read posts about the lighting in the bathrooms and on this I must agree. They are very dark and I even had trouble shaving. I would hate to be a women and try to put makeup on. We have never had an issue with the hairdryers. This room was the exception. My wife has short hair and it took forever to dry her hair.

We did the pre-registration and had the same issue as others have mentioned with the mini-bar. It was not stocked. I called and was told they would try and fill it. They eventually did. On the pre-registration I asked them to just stock diet soda as we would not drink the regular. There was no diet when it was stocked. I marked the diet soda the first several days and finally gave up because we never got one bottle of diet.

Changed into our suits and headed out to find our friends we were meeting there. Had a few drinks, retreated into the great water then dinner. The food was as good or better than we expected.

I forgot about being able to order a continental breakfast for the room but remembered the Palms was listed as having the continental breakfast from 5:30am until 7:30am so I went down to get some coffee and rolls only to be disappointed. We only had one packet of coffee in the room and usually had two or three. As I was walking in I was told they were closed. I tried to explain the website and information in the room said they served a continental breakfast during those hours. I was again told in a get out of here tone they were closed. Not a good way to start our first full day.

During our first several days we noticed a HUGE difference in the attitude and friendliness of the staff. Almost every employee we encountered seemed to have the attitude they did not want to be there. In our past experiences the staff would always speak to you and ask how you were. We did not have that happen. Even the roving photographers would look away. It got to the point I would make sure I spoke to every employee we passed so they would have to talk.

We were closest to the Bamboo Bar while on the beach and would go there for our drinks. We rarely used the flag service for drinks as we were close to the bar. When I would walk up to get a drink the usual response was a "what do you want"? At the other resorts it was a much more friendly reaction. This really shocked me as it was so out of the ordinary for a Couples Resort. One of the rudest persons we met was the bartender named Judy at the Bamboo Bar. I think I saw her smile one time during our week there. There were two highlights at that bar. Both were Trainees. One was named Jason and the other was Jodiann. They were always friendly and outgoing just like we remember.

I have read how some people say you get what your give and we totally agree. We always made sure we said please and thank you. Nothing wring with being polite and friendly. The staff are people too and not slaves to the guests.

Being a beach front resort I could not believe how they ran out of clean towels anywhere from 2:30PM to 4:00PM. If the swim-up bar are was out you had to walk all the way to the other end of the resort to see if they had any which they were almost always out of towels also. That being said we saw many towels just left on the beach for the employees to pick up. One day we saw the Water Sports guys picking up probably close to 20 towels in the area by our room. Come on people. Is it to hard to drop your towels off where they go? While on that general subject I could not believe how people just tossed their trash down anywhere. One day I was getting our chairs and someone had evidently not liked the pizza or was full and just tossed the remainder on the sand. Another day someone left their plate, basket and half an order of fries all over one the the chairs. While walking to dinner one evening someone had just set their tall glass on the sidewalk. The only reason I saw it was it was by a light. NOT a smart thing to do when many people walk barefoot or in thin sandals or flip flops. I would hate to step on the broken glass and have my vacation ruined because someone was too lazy to put their glass in an appropriate location.

I decided to try scuba for the first time. I was a little apprehensive based on some of the posts I've seen. I usually only get a chance to swim while at Couples. I thought I was a decent swimmer but I guess I was wrong. The swim test is 8 lengths (4 laps) of the pool by the scuba shop. Well I was not as good of a swimmer as I thought I was because I did not make it. (I won't say how far I did go) I will say the instructor did try to put me at ease and was very encouraging. He told me to come back and try again and take my time. It seemed like I had a friend there instead of an instructor watching me. I did not get his name and he was not there the next day. The following day we were leaving breakfast and I saw him. I went over to talk to him and before I could say anything he called me by name and asked how I was doing. I asked him what his name was and he told me. I just want to say thank you to Anthony for your help. You made me feel very comfortable and I will try it next time.

We took some school supplies for the school. The employee at the front desk half halfheartedly said thanks and asked what room we were in. Before we always received a nice thank you. Well later when we got back to our room there was a bottle of wine and a thank you note from Couples. This was WAY more than we wanted or expected. Thank you Couple CSA.

The repeaters dinner was great. I don't know how the food could have been any better. The food is always great and it surprises me how they seem to to always take it up a notch or two for this dinner. We had Cleopatra who is in charge of the food and beverage areas at CSA at our table. She is a very sweet lady. We talked to her afterwards and she really listened to our issues. She also passes things on to her employees. We had a waiter named Avious (AKA Trouble) who was great. We mentioned this to her among other things. The next day Avious found us on our patio and stopped to talk. Cleopatra had told him what we had to say and he stopped to thank us.

Some other employees who were great are Mickesha who was a Trainee in housekeeping, Adrianne at the piano bar, Jermaine who is a waiter at Patois and Toniann at Feathers. They were all very outgoing and extremely helpful.

Speaking of Feathers it is a great restaurant. The food and service were outstanding. Patois and Palms also had very good food. We did not go to Lemon Grass so I can't comment on that. We had heard so much about the Banana Stuffed French Toast and Breakfast Pizza at Patios. The rave reviews did not lie. They were both delicious and we had them twice during our stay.

We actually stayed up long enough to go to the piano bar and see Ultimate Chocolate. He was great as mentioned. With him was a gentleman who called himself the Wedding Singer. I think his name is Tino. If I am wrong I apologize. He was a lot of fun, tried to get everyone involved. He also has a great voice.

We took the bus back to the airport and checked in with AirTran. I have never seen the line so short. We walked right up to an agent and checked in the went to the Club MoBay desk and were escorted through security. Again I have never seen the line so short. We really did not save much time but it was still worth it because we have waited in long lines before. After getting through we went to the Club MoBay lounge. It was very nice with a relaxed atmosphere and a nice selection of food and drinks. We will definitely use it again.

I'm sorry this is such a long review but I wanted to try and be thorough.

As this was our fourth trip to Couples I feel we know a little of what to expect and at first we did not get that at CSA. By the middle of our trip it did improve. I'm not saying we will not go back to CSA however, if this was our first trip I am not sure we would be in such a hurry to go back as we always are. We still love Couples and had already booked Barbados for next year before we went to CSA.

I hope this did not offended anyone as that was not the point. Just our feelings.

Tim & Janet

Room Tip: Book a beach front veranda suite. The view is amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank torch056
There are newer reviews for Couples Swept Away

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Swept Away for a week this August. We have been to Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios twice and love it there. We loved Swept Away too but definitely made a mistake by staying in the Garden Verandah Suites. The noise was terrible! I had read other reviews saying that the noise was bad in these rooms but other reviewers said it wasn't so bad so I decided to give it a try. Big mistake! These rooms really are right by the road and you will hear the noise of the traffic starting at about 5:30am and it keeps going all day and all night! We woke one night/morning at 3am to music so loud (coming from a car PARKED on the road outside) that our room was shaking! We tried to move to another room but the staff said the resort was full (I am really not sure this was true). We would have gladly paid anything to get away from the road! Other than that, the resort was beautiful, the staff extremely friendly, weather was perfect, food was wonderful and the beach was amazing. Sadly, we did get bad steak our last night at Feathers(it tasted off but we thought it was maybe the seasoning we weren't used to!) and returned home with an ecoli infection, but I guess that can happen anywhere you go.

Room Tip: Do whatever you have to do to get a room away from the road! Do not choose one of the Garden Veranda...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Heidi H
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at CSA in June 2013 for our honeymoon. While we had a great week, we really had to make the most of our experience to enjoy it.

The service was completely hit or miss. Generally speaking, we found that most of the staff at this hotel makes you feel like you are burdening them when you ask for help. Not everyone, but it seems to be the general culture of the place. On multiple occasions, we had to wait 10-15 minutes to have anyone greet us when we ate at any of the restaurants, and sometimes it would take 15 minutes after that to get your drink. So it is all inclusive, but it is such a hassle to get anything that we wished it wasn't all inclusive and instead we paid for what we got (would have been cheaper in the longrun). The main exception to this list was Patois Patio, which was fabulous all week long and totally saved the trip for us.

We stayed in a Garden Veranda suit that was located just behind (and above) The Palms Buffet restaurant. Every morning at 6:30 a.m., one of the staff members would start singing at the top of his lungs behind the restaurant, where I assume he was prepping food or getting ready. The windows are pretty thin in the bathroom, so it was as if he was singing in our room. AWFUL! So long, sleeping in past 7am. We called concierge and security multiple times and still had this issue everyday. I think that's pretty much how I sum up our stay -- the staff just really ruined the experience and they just weren't concern with doing anything past the bare minimum to make their pay. Yes, the rooms are outdated and the resort isn't the cleanest, but it would be totally fine if the staff made you feel welcome and went above and beyond. I was totally shocked to find this lack of hospitality. I have stayed in other all inclusive resorts in Mexico, and we've never been treated this way as paying guests.

I also found the concierge (Andrew?) completely rude when we stopped by. He barely looked up from his computer, never smiled and asked us how things are going, and was just generally unhappy that were interrupting him by stopping by to get a dinner reservation setup. Seriously? Last time I checked that exactly what a concierge is supposed to do...

I was totally depressed by the vendors and people begging on the beach (one had an injured dog, as an animal lover, it really hurt my heart). So we only did the beach a couple of mornings, and then spent the rest of our time accross the street at the sports complex. We LOVED this part of the resort! It was almost completely empty all day, there were plenty of places to lounge in the sun or the shade, quiet enough to read, a great pool for doing laps and cooling off, and an excellent smoothie bar for when you need something cool. It was perfect for us, and the rest of our trip was a lot better once we discovered this part of the resort.

I also think the resort could do a much better job of educating you about what there is to do, what events are going on, etc. We finally discovered a board near the beach that sometimes had updated information, but like cruises and other resorts, there should be a daily newsletter with a list of activities. I think the culture of this place is really just "figure it out on your own" so I guess it made sense that there wasn't anything like that, but I felt like the entertainment really missed the mark overall. Also, sometimes when we would ask a staff member a question or for something they didn't have, they would just say "No" and walk away. WTH? I have no problem with things not being available, but please offer some alternatives or be less rude about it. Arg.

Needless to say, we will probably not be returning to CSA. We did enjoy the week because we found our own way to do so, but it just really missed the mark for us. I know others have had much more positive of an experience, so perhaps we just set the bar too high for what we wanted. I really, really hope management takes the service concerns to heart and tries to do a better job of helping the staff understand that it is their job to make the stay pleasant, just not to do their assigned tasks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank oliviazdc
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Let me start by saying my Husband and I gave traveled to most Carribean Islands with a few exceptions. We have traveled to Jamaica over 25 times, and stayed in many different hotels from Negril to Runaway Bay to Ochoa Rios, so you can see we love Jamaica! We have stayed in Couples properties about 17 times. Once at Couples Ochoa Rios, 4 times Couples Negril, and Swept Away 12 times. Swept Away has been our favorite resort, obviously. We have brought 2 different couples with us to experience paradise! Well, we just returned Sept. 6th we stayed 7 days at Swept Away. My last review we gave 5 stars, we would have given just 3, but did not feel it was fair to the people at this resort that make it all worthwhile. The biggest problem here is by far the Front Desk. They are the first impression you get upon arrival, and they are a bad example of what the rest of the resort will bring you. They do not smile, they are not friendly, and we have noticed this on our last 3 visits. Our travel agent here in NY requested for us certain buildings that we would love to be in. When we arrived we were given a building in the old section, which is night and day compared to what we wanted!!! We requested a Garden Verandah Suite in the newer section, and asked for either of 2 buildings. They told us, we could not have those rooms, because they are closed for renovations! Here is the part we were furious with, they actually told us they called Liberty Travel, and told them that we would not be able to get these rooms, well, THEY LIED!!! Swept Away NEVER called to inform them of this, if they did, our friend that works there would have been on the phone calling us about this, because she knows we love the new section, Swept Away never called. We arrived around 6:30 P.M. and obviously they gave our room away earlier. There were 2 other buildings in the new section they could have put us in, but by the time we got there, nothing was left! A few years back they had 2 categories Garden Suite and Garden Verandah Suite, and the Garden Suite was always cheaper, and for good reason, they are older, smaller, darker, very noisy, close to road, Nd the bathrooms were tiny, air conditioning awful. So they did say a room in the section we wanted would be available in 2 days, gee thanks! We had no choice, we had to go along with that. This was never the room they intended on giving us, no air was on, the pre check in for mini bar that we did months ago, NOT one bottle of liquor or anything else was in fridge, they gave our room away, because the couple that was to get this room wound up getting ours, no brainier here!! We have been here 12 times, you would think you would get treated extra special, NO! They should never have put these 2 Garden rooms in the same categories, the old section should be cheaper like it used to be, the rooms are old and dingy! After we settled into our new room, everything was great, as usual! We did miss out in 2 days we paid for in a room we disliked a lot, and we booked this trip 5 months ago, not like we did this last minute. We wish the Front Desk had the personalities of the rest of the resort has, especially the pool bar, smiles all the time! Loved Dwayne and Colleen, super sweet!! Certain things have changed, minor, but we noticed it. International Night, not nearly as many food stations, no pasta station. Wish they went back to burgers at Cabana Grill they had last year, these burgers were spicy. They got rid of a lot of options at breakfast buffet, no pancakes/waffle station, and the scrambled eggs had to be made, they were not in chafing dish to help yourself. Other than the Front Desk, everyone was wonderful, the food really good, beach, beautiful! Vendors did not bother us at all, chairs were plenty. Rooms were very clean, not dirty as some say, our room was spotless! It would be nice for one more restaurant to be air conditioned, a lot of people do complain about this while we are there. The Palms would be great with AC, it's hard to eat here, and watch entertainment at night while it is so hot, the building is not near the water, so you never get a breeze, it would be a great feature if the did add air conditioning here!!!! All in all, we will give Swept Away another try next spring, it is a beautiful resort!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank judydaisey1
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I were at Couples Swept Away for 8 nights to celebrate our anniversary. We had a fabulous time and are trying to decide on when to go back. I can’t say everything was perfect but we are extremely happy with the time we spent there and hated having to leave.

The Couples lounge at the airport was a really nice start to our vacation. We’d had a very early start to our day and the travel had been rather stressful so the greeting we received when we reached the lounge was fantastic. We used the restroom and my better half went outside for a cigarette while I got a drink at the bar. The bartender made me a delightful concoction of Red Stripe light beer and Ting (grapefruit soda). This ended up being my go to-drink all week. When I asked for it at the resort bars though they made it with 7-Up (I think) until I requested it be made with Ting. I thought it must be a common drink but I got some strange looks from the bartenders.

The bus trip from the airport to CSA was not too long, maybe an hour and a half but it was a pleasant drive. We were greeted at CSA with a cold towel and a glass of sparkling wine. Check in was quick and easy. We had booked at Beachfront Verandah Suite and were hoping for one on the first floor. There was only a second floor available but we were told we would be able to switch rooms the next day to a first floor. We were completely happy with that. Our room wasn’t ready yet so we took a stroll around the property and had a bite to eat at Seagrapes. We decided to share an order of sweet potato chips and fish tacos. We didn’t realize you need to specify if you want more than one taco so we split a single taco and the chips. The food was really tasty and frankly it was enough to tide us over until dinner.

The first room we had was #3224 and was a second floor corner room. It was certainly showing a lot of wear and tear. Bathroom fixtures were corroded and the shower had very little pressure. The air conditioner wasn’t working so we called the front desk and someone came very quickly to check it out. It took a couple of different people looking at it before it was fixed but it really didn’t take a long time. We didn’t have any robes in the room and that was something I thought would be there. There were also no flowers and I kind of expected flowers (I don’t know why). We had requested a couple things from the mini-bar menu and they were brought up fairly quickly after we got to our room – very nice. We had consistent mini-bar service and our fridge was stocked each day with water and Red Stripe and any of the soda we may have used during the previous day or evening.

The second day we were transferred to a first floor corner room one building over from the first room. This was #4117 and seemed to be in better condition than the previous room. The air conditioner worked, the bathroom fixtures were not corroded and the shower worked better. There were also robes in this room. We enjoyed ordering continental breakfast early and sitting on the verandah and drinking coffee and juice and listening to the ocean. Being able to just walk off the verandah and right onto the beach was absolutely fabulous.
We did have turn down service each night unless we had our do not disturb sign on the door and it is a really nice service. I had seen pictures of towel art and flowers in rooms and was kind of expecting that but we never had any flowers. We did get a really nice towel arrangement on our last night at the resort and I was really happy to see it. I think more than once or twice during a stay would be really hard to accomplish and I was happy
As soon as we checked in I went to the concierge to make reservations for Feathers, Lemon Grass, Trading Places and the Catamaran Cruise. There was no problem with the restaurants and we were able to eat dinner at Feathers on Saturday for lobster night and that was nice because it was also our anniversary. There wasn’t any recognition of our anniversary and I thought it would have been nice since the resort had asked if we were celebrating anything special. The only day we could get a reservation for the cat cruise was on Tuesday and the weather was really stormy that day and the water was rough so we decided to pass on it.

I’m not sure if Trading Places is only on certain days but we were put on the Monday trip. We were in the lobby waiting for the bus to go to Couples Negril by 9:30 because our reservation slip said the bus would leave at 9:45 and we didn’t want to be late. At about 9:50 we asked at the desk if the bus was there yet (there were a couple buses out front) and we were told no, it wouldn’t be there until 10:00. So, we went upstairs to look at the pictures of repeaters and history of the area. While we were upstairs we saw a bus pull up to the front and in the time it took up to get down the steps the bus was gone! I was pretty upset until the gentleman at the front steps said not to worry he would have the airport bus drop us off at Couples Negril. And we made it there just after the original bus. No worries!!

We did enjoy getting a chance to see Couples Negril to compare it to CSA. We played a beach game that the entertainment staff was doing and it was fun. We spent some time in the pool and had lunch at the buffet. Our overall impression of CN was that it was maybe a little more on the fun side than CSA because everyone seems to interact a little more. But that might be because everything is so much closer together than CSA. So I think we like CSA better because it’s more spread out but we would have liked a little bit more interaction with other couples.

I really liked taking the classes at CSA like the basket weaving and hat making. They were fun and informative and you have a handmade souvenir. We also took the Appleton Rum class and the Margarita Mixology class and my husband took the Jamaican cooking class. Now he says he will make me coconut fish (hmm, we’ll see). We did the tie-dying class and had a good time. We actually took shirts and pillow cases that we wanted to dye and then just paid the $3.00 per item fee. They only had red and green but they turned out pretty good. We tried to play some of the games the entertainment staff (Alex and Tomeka) were running but not too many other people seemed interested in playing the games.

One thing I think needs to be addressed by someone, not sure whom, because I don’t know exactly what the problem is. What I noticed is a distinct stench by the serve yourself soda and beer stand. It is a really strong raw sewage smell.

We visited the sports complex and took the Couples massage class. We enjoyed using the pool, sauna and steam rooms and the class was fun. The only negative I will mention is that at the sports bar we were completely ignored by the bartender. I don’t mean he was busy and may have just missed us, we were the only people standing at the bar while he talked to a couple other employees. He glanced over at us a couple of time (perhaps to see if we had left yet?) and then would just turn his back and continue a lengthy conversation. We did leave.

We enjoyed a couple of meals at the Cabana Grill. My husband enjoyed the burgers and the nacho chips with cheese (ask for the cheese) and the fries were good. The beef patty was tasty as was the salad. Patois was not open for lunch while we were there but you could get pizza at the grill and it was also tasty. We had breakfast at Patois one morning but it really took way too long to get our food. It wasn’t busy but just took forever so we didn’t go again.

The meal we had at Lemon Grass was delicious and the service was fantastic. We had the appetizer tasting platter and it was SO GOOD. We went to Feathers on Saturday and Tuesday and they had the same menu each night but it was truly delicious. The beachfront party was moved into the buffet and was quite tasty and was pretty good on Monday for International night also. I had been a little bit bummed that our anniversary hadn’t been mentioned in some way (I know everyone is celebrating something and it would be very hard to keep track) but our server at the buffet asked if we were celebrating anything special and I told her that this was a trip to celebrate our anniversary. She brought our dessert plate decorated with a congratulatory message in chocolate and an anniversary card that was really lovely. We ate dinner at the buffet on Wednesday night also and liked that you can make a salad from the salad bar and have pasta made how you want it (Rose was really nice) and still order your entrée from the menu.

The Silverbirds steel drum band played on Wednesday night and they were awesome. They put on a super show.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank belvajoan
Couples Swept A... M, Operations Manager at Couples Swept Away, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for your constructive comments on your vacation at Couples Swept Away. Let me first apologize for any issue experienced that did not meet your expectations and assure you we have notified the managers so that we can better train/equip our staff so that expected standards are maintained. We have begun the much anticipated rooms renovation and this will continue until all rooms in our three story blocks are completed which hopefully you will get to enjoy on your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Me & my wife stayed at Couples Swept away on August 8th 2013 for 2 amazing weeks. I would recommend this place to any couple looking for a great romantic break that is both very relaxed and great for meeting new friends.

The activities are great on the resort and there is something to do all the time. I don't want to repeat what everyone as already said about this great resort but I do want to mention some keys things and people.

Special mention to Shaun who works at the Piano bar & Aura night club bar, this guy was truly amazing and friendly and always worked extra hard to make sure your drinks were topped up no matter how busy it got. Definite candidate for promotion & a pay rise as he was a real asset to the resort in my opinion.

Staying on the piano bar - massive shout out to Ultimate Chocolate & Tino they made our nights so enjoyable & fun singing along with others couples & making new friend at the same time. They both defiantly made our holiday special and fun.

I would also like to say a special thanks to all the staff at the Sea grapes, the service there was excellent and the food amazing :)

I would also recommend going to see Jackie at the exclusion desk in the great house reception area - she will look after you and book you some great trips to see the real Jamaica and the people who are truly amazing and positive people " no problem Mon "

I would like to finish off by saying thanks to all the staff who took time out to talk to us and tell us about there family's and way of life " yes if you talk to them they will open up and show you how warm and how positive and genuine they are" and for working above and beyond to make us feel so special . Massive shout out to Jamaica and its people for having us :) see you all soon Carl & Marie from England Manchester :)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Carlr29
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is by far and away the best resort my wife and I have ever stayed at. We stayed here for our honeymoon and we will most certainly be back for many anniversaries to come. The food was awesome, ripe fruits, delicious buffets, restaurants were amazing. You do need to make reservations at two of the restaurants and they fill up quick so call and make them before you even go. The resort was gorgeous, well maintained, beautiful beach, white sand, clear water. Great snorkeling around the resort. there are two sections to the resort; an older simpler section and a newer fancy section. We stayed in an oceanfront room in the older section and loved it. We thought the room was awesome. It was completely surrounded by screens with shutters, no walls except in the bathroom. You could hear the ocean all night and feel the breeze flow through the room. No TV which was perfect, tile floors, soft beds, just simple and comfortable. The newer sections are more hotel-like with three story buildings, TVs, and walls. Still nice, we just preferred the older, open room. The staff was awesome! Happy, pleasant, appreciative, talkative, smiling, thankful, gracious. The event staff were especially great and we had a lot of fun with them. The only possible negative is the distance from the airport; it was about a two hour drive or so, not exactly sure as I slept most of the way. Kind of put a damper on leaving as we had to leave quite early to make it back to the airport in time for our flight. Book a later return flight so you don't ruin your last day there by having to get up at the butt-crack of dawn.

We have stayed at many, many all-inclusives in Mexico (Yucatan and Baja) Cayman, Dominican, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Jamaica and this is by far and away the best we have ever stayed at. I would absolutely recommend this resort as we will certainly be going back ourselves.

Room Tip: The older rooms in the eastern portion of the resort are better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Clinton C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Sandy Haven Resort
Hedonism II
#16 of 80 in Negril
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay

Been to Couples Swept Away? Share your experiences!