This is a tough review. We have stayed at Couples Negril for years, probably more than 20 times over the last ten years. We love it. This December we split our time between CSA and CN since Karen Lanegan moved here as the manager from CN and we knew Brian the water sports manager from CN. Bottom line - we are going back to CN this Christmas but it was a very, very close call. This is a great 5 star resort. Here's how it shakes down for us:
Beach larger than CN - beautiful - but there are more people since the resort has more rooms.
Food - not quite as good as CN. Feathers is not Otaheite. It's very good, but not as good. Otaheite is a world class restaurant - as good as the best in some of the world's top food spots. Same with Lemongrass - not as good as Lychee. Great view, but not quite the food selection or quality.
Diving - Brian and his team are excellent and the sites are almost the same set as CN, and they have a new Newton 46. But they were not putting the tanks on the boat for you.
Room - the older sections have mahogany shutters, Hunter fans , Mexican tile floors and big balconies with lounge chairs - very old Caribbean and wonderful - better than CN.
Sports Complex and Spa - awesome - much more comprehensive than CN with huge lap pool, gym facilities and spa.
So why are we picking CN? For us it came down to the food and quieter beach outweighing the better room at CSA. But both are the best All Inclusive Adult resorts you will ever find anywhere, and an incredible value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril