This was our first stay, and probably our last. We stayed here for the first half of our honeymoon and it felt a little more like a party scene sometimes. Our first day there, we heard a drunk girl yelling about her day at the beach to some obviously sober friends.
The staff was overall nice, but often mumbled and it was hard to decipher what they were saying. Not too many smiles, either. Understandable, because most of the staff probably deals with fat drunk Americans all day.
Three things NOT to do:
1.) Do not buy their post cards & stamps at their gift shop. We spent $25 on post cards & stamps to send to our family. I gave them to the guy at the concierge, which is who I was told to give them to, on 4/11/13 and today is 4/26/13 and no one has received their post cards. Don't waste your money.
2.) Do not forget sunscreen & bug spray. We forgot bug spray, and they charge $15 for a can that would be $4 in the US. We got eaten alive until we broke down & bought it.
3.) Do not go to Mayfield Falls. For 2 people, it was $170 to take an hour & a half bus ride to the middle of nowhere, hike up the creek & get completely soaking wet & freezing cold for 2 hours, PAY an additional $25 for lunch, and ride an hour & a half bus ride back. We thought we were going to hike to see some beautiful waterfalls, but it was traipsing through the creek & climbing over rapids-- no waterfalls like I envisioned. Since we couldn't take anything that we didn't want to get wet, we had to pay $1 for their "locker." Then they had a guy follow us to take pictures this his own camera & he wanted $40 for the pictures if we wanted to remember the trip.
Things to do:
1.) Go to Feathers. You have to make reservations at least a day ahead, but the food & service was the best we had during our stay. And there's a dress code.
2.) Go on the orientation. It was a little too long, but it was the best & quickest way to learn what the resort has to offer & where everything was located.
3.) Try all the drinks & food. We loved the veggie stand & some of the non-alcoholic drinks. We would order the Ocean 11 with a shot of rum mixed in. Stay away from the buffet salad though... A friend warned us to stay away from it & we didn't listen & got the runs the next day. Nothing too bad, but a little uncomfortable for our honeymoon ;-)
For the last half of our honeymoon, we stayed down the road at Tensing Pen, which was smaller & sexier & more relaxing in my opinion. Not all-inclusive, but that helped us not to overeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril