We are a couple in our early 40s who have been to many resorts including: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall (Montego Bay), Sandals Grande St. Lucian (St. Lucia), Barcelo Maya Tropical (Mayan Riviera) and the Gran Bahia Principe (Punta Cana). We stayed at CSA from March 25-28th; just a short getaway while my parents cared for our toddler.
Our flight was delayed so we arrived at the resort at 10 pm. There was no electricity when we arrived, so we had to check-in by flashlight. It was actually somewhat comical, and the staff were doing the best they could under the circumstances. Because their computer system was down they had to send someone to confirm our room wasn't occupied.
We had requested a third floor Beachfront Verandah Suite and that is what we were provided. The room was very basic but matched out expectations as I had read many reviews of this resort. I would highly recommend the top floor as the view of the ocean was gorgeous and the second floor view was obstructed by the palm trees. The bed was comfortable enough, and the room was cleaned well everyday while we were on the beach.
I promptly attended at the conceirge desk at 8 am the morning after our arrival. Their reservations system was down and we had to return three times before we coud make a reservation. Due to their 48 hr rule, and the fact we were only staying 5 nights, we were only able to get one dinner reservation which was at Feathers. It was annoying but we really only missed one restaurant - Lemongrass.
The beach was beautiful, but not as deep as the beach in Punta Cana. The ocean was very calm most days and we could walk out quite far as the water is shallow. We really enjoyed using the chair cushions as floaties. My husband got up at 6 am everyday to secure a spot in the shade which we used later on in the afternoons. Spots in the sun were easy to find. We walked to Margaritaville one day which was less than a 10 min walk and one of the best Margaritavilles I have been to outside of Las Vegas.
Breakfast at the Palms was average, while the a la carte breakfast at Patois included some of the best meals we have had. I agree with all of the rave reviews of the banana stuffed French toast. My husband and I agreed it was the best French toast we have ever had. We ate lunch at the buffet (average), the Cabana grill (good) and Seagrapes (delicious). Two dinners at Patois which were great (alhough pizza I found to be average), and our dinner at Feathers was quite remarkable. Cocktails were consistently delicious. We didn't really spend any time at the piano bar.
On three occasions we did not have any running water in our room. Each time it only lasted 10 to 15 minutes, but it supported the sense that the place was in a general state of disrepair. The cabinets in our room had doors that did not close properly, and our in room AC worked well enough but it was very loud.
We found almost all of the staff to be very friendly, from the servers in the restaurants to those tending to the grounds and the beach. We didn't see any activities going on during our stay.
Overall, we had a wonderful 5 days. However, compared to other resorts we have visited and taking into account the price for CSA (with flights it cost us 1K per day), I think our money will go farther somewhere else. We enjoyed our stay but probably won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril