My Wife and I stayed for a week beginning on January 28th.
We are BEACH people and this resort did not disappoint. Very wide and lots of chairs with pads that also double as flotation devices! Loved that! Prompt service on the beach too! You will still need to get up early to secure the primo spots like those shade palm umbrella thingies but otherwise, you will always find a chair, any time of day. Seriously, likely one of the greatest beaches ever. CSA has an awesome stretch of it.
Jamaica has more beach hawkers than anywhere I've ever seen but security did a great job...don't make eye contact and you won't be hassled and the CSA cops don't let them onto the private area of the beach. CSA Management: You need to get that Iceblock singer dude to alternate days. I heard the same 2 songs for a week and went from applauding and giving him cash to wanting to throw tomatoes and choke him. Send him to CN every second day or something! Please!!
Food. Very good for an all inclusive! We ate at Patois a lot , (A la carte place - no resos necessary). Buffet was good too. We were actually very impressed with the Thai place...Lemongrass. Didn't equate Jamaica with Thai, but it was easily our favorite meal and we wished we had gone earlier so we could have done it more than once. Jerk Chicken and sweet fries at the grill was pretty much our daily lunch and was excellent but the little place on the other side of the resort was awesome too! Had fish tacos there and a fish sandwich that I loved.
Nightlife. The resort is very wide and the nightclub/piano bar are located on the extreme South side and were a hassle to get to...mainly because I'm lazy. We went one night and it was dead and kinda weird. If we return to CSA again we won't bother.
Rooms. Simple and clean. I liked them. Mini bar system is easy and stocked daily. You use your room towels as beach towels and our maids replaced them ALL THE TIME! Great maid service!! iPhone dock was great but be sure to bring an adapter if you have an iPhone 5...Tip, if you have a ground floor beach room ask for the patio door key...saves you having to walk around back if you need to use the loo or something.
Staff...Hmmmmm...Honestly, found mostly everybody lackadaisical, slow and either emotionless or downright unfriendly. My stay at CSA made me realize that I prefer resorts that allow tipping. I feel like a jerk working people, (in what is a developing country.) to the bone and not being allowed to give them a few bucks for their hard work. We stayed at another property in Montego Bay the following week and the service difference was night and day. Management: It's one of these things. Training, coaching, workplace culture, compensation or distant management. I'd be happy to consult if required :) It's a wonderful property that has great food and should have world class service.
Activities. Tons! Lots of free inclusions! Great gym/fitness area and spa. We spent most of our time on the beach but we toured the facility and had very clear collateral on all the inclusive activities.
Wifi: Spotty...you probably won't be Facetiming anyone from your room or watching Netflix but email/imessage/whatsapp etc should be ok. It's your vacation! Unplug, (like I was not able to do.)!
Tip: I ordered one of their honeymoon packages and the bubbly was delivered warm, to the door 3 days into our vacation. Also, needed to check into the front desk to get things rolling for the rest - despite asking that it be in-room on our arrival....I would either skip any of their "Romance Packages" if I were you or make sure you stay in contact with your romance concierge to ensure you get what you pay for.
Will I return?????? Yes. Probably. Will likely test out some other paces first but overall CSA was a really nice time. Really tough to lose with that beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril