If a vacation is about being active, eating and drinking well - than Swept Away is THE place to go.
I am a travel professional and this was my second visit to this resort.
The internet connection is poor in bldg 5 (and other buildings). We had to go to the nearby lobby or the internet cafe at the opposite end of the property. This needs fixing as all buildings should be wireless for guests convenience.
PROS - everything else:)
We spent six nights in a garden verandah suite (room 2103 bldg 5, next to lobby bldg 4). The room was serviced multiple times during the day and turn down every evening. The room was clean and quiet, even though it was close to the street, which has been improved with thick cover on door. The king bed was a little on the firm side, but okay.
Food was delicious, especially if you like trying local cuisine. Healthy choices were always available. Desserts were outstanding and soft serve ice cream available only during the day was nice.
Feathers - excellent service, food and atmosphere...try to get a reservation when you first arrive.
Lemon Grass - the appetizer sampler was excellent but the "sauce menu" was not very good.
Palms - delicious food; a busy restaurant and service could use some improvement at various times
Seagrapes Restaurant - on the beach, had one meal with slow service; better service at the bar area where Oshane and Janet made us great veggie smoothies. Kirk also worked at the bar and was a riot!!
Nearly all the stay was friendly and helpful. There are always a few employees that have attitude issues~but not enough to ruin a vacation!
The visiting tennis pro, fitness instructor and yoga teacher were outstanding. What a wonderful program, including tennis clinics, tennis round robins, yoga classes and exercise classes.
The resident tennis pros are fantastic - David, Brendan and Norson are the best!!
We did so many activities including: stand up paddle board, snorkeling, hobie cats, and catamaran cruise. The evening entertainment was good to excellent...something for everyone.
Can't wait to return to play with all my old and new friends:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril