I reviewed this resort back in November of 2010 and had nothing but positive things to say about it. We actually loved it so much that we just got back last night from our 2nd trip and are already planning on going a 3rd time (not sure when, but we definitely HAVE to go back!). We went November 5th through November 12th for our 2 year anniversary. I totally understand why we met so many couples that were on their 10th+ trip!!!
Amazing. The staff is out each morning raking up leaves and raking the sand to make sure it looks amazing when you get up. Lots of chairs and floaty things for everyone no matter how many people are on the beach. Unfortunately tons of people get up at 5am to reserve palapas so those are hard to come by unless you're hardcore like that- I'm not, but there are always plenty of hammocks and shady spots to hang out in.
The Included Activities that we did:
1. Catamaran Cruise. We didn't get around to this last time so we went this time and it was great! We didn't know this before boarding, but it is NOT run by the resort so bring tip $$ for any vendors on board/service you receive. No harm if you don't but remember that this is how people make their living so tip if you remember! This cruise takes you along the gorgeous Negril coast and over to some caves where you can jump in and go swimming. The staff on the boat are really nice and entertaining and the view from the boat is great. Totally a good idea.
2. Shopping Trip: Again, tip your driver! This took us to Time Square which was pretty touristy but a great idea if you want to bring back coffee and rum and don't want to pay resort prices (it's cheaper here).
3. Repeaters Dinner: If you are invited to this- GO. The food was phenomenal.
4. Other things we did were the Tye Dye (I forget the guy's name that ran it but he was freaking hilarious. His name started with a D and he was on the entertainment staff). Also Appleton Rum 101 which goes over the differences between all the rums. We saw the steel drum band which was AMAZING, shipwreck beach party wound up being held in the Palms so that was just okay. Entertainment was pretty good at the palms. Mostly I was tired from drinking so I don't really remember.
5. Margaritaville: We actually could have probably walked here but if you want a ride and to have someone from the resort kind of look out for you, then go on their tour. Pretty touristy but still fun!
The two that we went to (both trips) primarily were the swim up bar and the martini bar. Both of these have GREAT drinks with AMAZING bartenders. You'll get awesome service and with every bartender we encountered we could just be like "give me something fruity with rum" or whatever, and they'll make you something random and fantastic.
We didn't make it to Feathers this trip cause we slacked on making reservations so I'm not gonna include it. The Palms is a great buffet restaurant with an a la carte dinner. We went a few times for breakfast, lunch, and once for a la carte dinner and once for buffet dinner. All of it was great. We had a server one night who recognized us the next night and came up to us just to say hi and see how we were. I can't remember her name - I really wish I was better with names!!! Lemongrass is the Thai restaurant that is my FAAAV. We went twice for dinner, the 2nd time being LOBSTER night on Saturday. Amazing, amazing service. Cabana Grill is the one by the pool which is actually quite good! Tried the Jamaican patties, the tikka veggie wrap, and the jerk chicken. They also have sweet potato fries... definitely get those. Patois Patio is a la carte for all three meals and we always had great food! Try the banana stuffed french toast for breakfast, and try at least one of the pizzas!!! I remember one night we had a server named Uleasa (Unsure on spelling, but hey at least I got the name) who was the best server we had at that restaurant. We asked her to get us shots and she came with with overproof and simple syrup- she doesn't mess around!! Hahaha.
We got upgraded upon arriving which was pretty awesome. The rooms are pretty basic but the beds are comfortable and they'll stock your mini bar with whatever you want.
Everyone that works here is amazing. A few people I want to mention that really stood out are Krystal, Rushaine, and Shelly on the entertainment team. All of them are great and make all the guests feel like they are really at home but those three really stood out for me- especially Rushaine cause he's freaking hilarious. Again all of the servers and bartenders are great. Eduardo and Ruel will definitely take care of you at the swim up bar! Ruel gets everyone engaged at the bar playing games and interacting which is awesome.
So basically, all of this rambling is to let you know that you should just go ahead and book your trip already- unless you randomly hate great service, great food, and a great Carribean vacation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril