“We love this resort!”

Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Yukon
“We love this resort!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This place is true paradise! Waking up to sunny skies, pure white soft sandy beach,tasty food, excellent swimming area and clear water was a dream come true for my husband and I. We loved the resort, it's a beautiful property and is very well maintained. We loved our top floor Atrium suite! Open aired, screens and louvers were awesome. Our balcony was bigger than our living room at home! Our room definitely made our stay. Comfy bed with nice linens. Each night at turndown, the gal would leave us a little riddle on our pillow, it was so cute! Our room was always stocked up each day- all you had to do was fill out your little card each day on what you wanted. Our room was centrally located and was only a half a minute walk to the beach. At night once you see the awesome Negril sunset, you can fall asleep to the tree frogs. I slept like a baby everynight and awoke to room service each morning, serving nice muffins, fruit, croissants and the Blue Mountain coffee was so good! The food was excellent. We were mostly beach bums so we ate at the Palms which puts on a awesome buffet and al a carte too! The menus change and they had a nice selection of pretty much anything we wanted. Sea grapes on the beach was really good too, I tried the fish taco, which I would not normally eat back home.... It was awesome! Friday nite beach party was pretty impressive. How they keep everything so hot and cold is awesome! Jerk chicken was superb! (I am still trying to find a recipe for the cold sliced chicken dish they had)
Snorkeling was awesome! You sign up and show up, no extra cost! Many fish and cool criters out there, pictures are clear underwater. Swimming was the best! We come from a part of the world where our water looks just like the Caribbean blue waters but it is ice cold, so outdoor swimming even during the summer is not too comfortable even on a warm day. So swimming at CSA beach was a huge highlight for us and you will love that you can swim way out there and still see to the bottom! Rays were out swimming while we were there, cool starfish too! The sports hut - to mention employees Oliver, Marlon and Jappy were great and funny too! When you went to the hut to sign up for sports or get a few towels changed or just anywhere we went -were always met with a smile and everyone at the resort who worked there- it was always "no problem mon!" We loved it! The vendors on the beach were great, we made many friends and they are wonderful people. Just take a few moments to talk with them, they are very kind people. We enjoyed their music, bought some of their Cds and they greatly appreciate the support. Very talented!
We are headed back in Jan 13' for another fun sun filled vacation. Highly recommend this resort!
Shayne & Renee Parker
Yukon Territory, Canada

• Stayed January 2012
9 Thank doobeystaxi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,445)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had my Weddingmoon here last September and cannot say enough about this place.

Resort and Staff
The resort is absolutely gorgeous. The place is kept in great condition. The staff is working around the clock to keep it looking great. All of the staff are beyond great. They really are interested in talking with you and getting to know you. By the time we left, many of the bartenders and staff knew our names and our favorite drinks.

Beach
The beach is beautiful. The ocean is very calm and the water is clear. You can grab a resort float and relax in the ocean. It is absolute paradise!

The food fabulous! I do not think my husband or I ate anything we did not like, and I am a very picky eater. The portions are small but they have no problem giving you as much as you please.

The service beyond exceptional. Anything you ask for, within reason, is given to you. Everything is no problem! They have no problem meeting your every need. You truly get spoiled here!

Drinks
We enjoyed our fair share of drinks while here. All of the drinks were great!

Activities
There are plenty of activities included to keep you busy. I loved the glass bottom boat tour and the catamaran cruise is a must! You can also go water skiing, rent Hobies, kayaks and scuba equipment for free. They have activities during the day, such as basket weaving, cooking, and history classes. There is not too much night life. There is a piano bar that has a dance floor and live music.

This place is absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough about it! My husband wanted to go back this year. The only reason we did not is because I wanted to explore other countries. But we are planning on going back in the VERY near future. The only negative comment, other than not staying long enough, was the rooms. Next time we will pay for an ocean front.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have air conditioning. But I would pay the upgrade fee for the ocean front.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Vsduggins
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A group of 8 of us just returned from a week at Couples Sweptaway to celebrate my husbands 70th birthday, we were not impressed with the whole facality. We were expecting a beautiful facility, good food, premium liquor and a staff that was willing to go the extra mile to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. What we found was disappointing at best.
-The facility is outdated, with 2 small pools, I must say the beach is beautiful, the best part of it all to say the least.
-The food was just ok! We enjoyed the Lemongrass the most. I got sick and had to go to the doctor with acute gastrogritis. Another member of our party and many other people that I talked to got diarrhea that lasted days on end. They all said the food at Couples Negril was so much better.
- Premium drinks - the 2 bars that have Premium drinks open at 6pm, the beer that is served in a can is Carebe - Red Stripe is only served on tap, not by the can, in the facility. Dissapointing to our beer drinkers who do not drink tap beer and do not like Carebe! The flags on the beach is a nice touch - but the drinks are not consistantly made. If you find a bartender who makes a drink like you like it - remember his name and return to him often! I recommend the Mango Daquaries(spelling?)!
-Staff - our biggest dissapointment! About 75% of the staff acted like we should be happy that we were there. They did not seem to care about Customer Service at all. This is our 10th all-inclusive and we always interacted with the staff, that was part of the fun of the experience, not at Sweptaway. I ordered a Mojito at the swim up bar one day and had to beg for them to get mint from another bar to make the drink. This after all is their "signature" drink! They were not busy at the time, there were two of them behind the bar, they just didn't want to make the effort to walk to one of the other bars to get the needed mint. Another incident, my friend went to the pancake bar for breakfast 10 minutes before it closed, they refused her service saying the station was closed while standing there making pancakes for the staff! Some of the staff was friendly and fun, they were few and far between.
- The Spa was terrific! We each had a different treatment and loved it - a must do.....
We were there during the hurricane, this took away 4 days of our beach time, so I can't say much about the water activities......
- The Entertainment was weird - not much local talent at all - nothing during the day - very little at night. The Piano bar was fun, the Casino was empty most of the time.
- The golf course was interesting. The greens had not been cut for at least a week, very frustrating for any golfer to say the least.
All in all we had a great time in spite of the resort.....Our motto has always been - If we can't have a good time, it's our own da-- fault!

Room Tip: Garden Suites are very noisey - next to the road - take along ear plugs! The balconeys are a very n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank srqsherry
Ottawa
Reviewed October 30, 2012

EXCELLENT: Beach Party; Feathers Restaurant (**Dress Code**); Vegetarian Restaurant; Fully Stocked in-room bar; Spectacular sunsets..
VERY GOOD: Snorkeling; Water sports Team; Champagne at breakfast; Tennis lessons for all (HarTru Courts); Fitness Facilities; Beach. Martini Bar; No tipping... (Undercover tips always appreciated, of course); Beach bars; service at your chair.
GOOD: "Free" Golf; "Asian" restaurant; "Junk Food" Restaurant.
Barely OK: Main restaurant for dinner.

Room Tip: Make certain that you have a balcony !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DYNAMICREGGAE
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2012

As we can see on this sight there are not to many bad reviews about this resort. Thats because you seriously have to be a extreamly angry, upset at the world and hate everybody kind of person. This place is the best! When arriveing to the airport i was pleased to see the couples lounge. There was only 2 other lounges for other resorts, so this was comferting. The ride to the resort was a little scary. They drive on the left side of the road. Half way to the resort the driver will stop and you can grab a beer at a little hut on the side of the road which over looks the ocean. At check in, our room was not ready so we went to get lunch. Dont forget to pack a swim suit in your carry on. We stayed in room 1132. Atrium suites is the way to go. I wldnt book anything else. This room was awesome. Great location. Huge porches, hammocks, No tv, but we did not care. AC worked great, stocked fridge everyday.. I did not want a first floor room, but we got one anyways and i was so happy we did. We had a ocean view and was able to use the back door key which was so convenent. When we go back one day, i will try my hardest to get this room again.. I was a little nervous about going to Jamaica because i love mexico so much, and i was afraid i wld compare the two and not like it as much. You cant compare them, there not on the same page..chapter..even book. CSA is very tropical. The rooms, walkways, everything juat really makes you remember that your in the tropics. As for mexico, were its more commericalizes and marble everywhere. CSA is very relaxing and romantic. Everyone there is a couple, so there are not the random drunk trying to hit on your girl or guy or loud groups of 19yr olds. The food was very yummy. We stayed for 7 nights and our stomachs were fine the whole time. We did bring pepbo just incase. Speaking of bringing things, dont forget to bring bug spray!!! Its not that the resort is dirty, cause its not, its very clean. Your in the tropics. As soon as the sun goes down, the sand fleas attack! They are so so tiny you cant even see then on your skin, only afterwards you know. My legs were covered in very itchy little bits. So if you spray yourself with bug spray and you think your good, your not!! Spray again. Also, go to wal-mart or kmart and buy bubba mugs. These mugs are the best. They will keep your drinks cold and shlussyyyy. Without them, your drinks will melt with in mins when your sitting on the beach.. The beach is absolutly beautiful! There are locals selling things, just say a simple no thank you and they will leave you be. The guys singing on the beach are fun. We had a different guy sing to us everyday and we loved it. Give them a buck and they will sing you another song. A man that went by "Icebox" was our favorit! You must try seagrapes for lunch! We ate there 5/7 days. Fish taco's and capree salad. WOW! so good. Feathers was very good also. They say guys must wear closed toed shoes, but my husband wore nice pants and shirt with flops and there was no problem. During your stay dont forget to check out the sports complex. Its like a whole other resort, very nice. We went over there and watched football, played pool and drank beer. Sunday funday in Jamacica. I most def. rec. this resort and i cant wait to go back one day.

Room Tip: Atrium is the way to go! Bring bugspray and bubba mugs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Janeroc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visit CSA in the end of March 2012, Paradisus -in the end of Match 2011
We liked both places, some things were better in Jamaica some- in Cuba, there is enough information about both of them on this site, so I will just rate their facilities on a scale of 1 to 5 by our opinion
Beach - CSA definitely is a winner, 4.5 out of 5 because of some cheeky tourists reserving the beds from the previous night and management does nothing about it, but to be honest there are enough of them on the beach, not all of them are in the shadow though
Paradisus- 4 out of 5, because beach is MUCH smaller than in CSA but there is a guy who is always there who is bringing the bed to any place you want
Snorkelling- 4 out of 5 to both, CSA got few places where they take you few times a day, but you need to book it in advance, and to be honest reefs there are not very "picturesque"
There is one not very big reef but full with bright fish in Paradisus just few metres off shore, all you need is a mask which you can rent free there
Food - 4 out of 5 to CSA, I think there is enough inf about it, nice but not great
5 out of 5 to Paradisus, we didn't have boring meal there,and choice of seafood much better
Entertainment -5 out of 5 to CSA, always something going on there, guys work really hard to make our holiday fun
3.5 out of 5 to Paradisus , if we didn't make some friends there some evenings could be very boring
Drinks- PLENTY at both places
Room service- 3 out of 5 to CSA, because they don't have 24 hours service
5 out of 5 to Paradisus because their room service is perfect, 24 hours, and food is really nice
Wedding venue- by venue I mean the place on the beach where pictures are taken
3 out of 5 to CSA -just beach with people lying near by
5 out of 5 to Paradisus , the place is just Wow, I'm sure there are some pictures here you can see
Rooms are pretty much the same, garden around the CSA are bigger and greener
There is a jacuzzi with the nice sea view in Paradisus , take a bottle of bubbly and enjoy a sunset!
Staff is very friendly at both places
We definitely will be back but haven't decided at which one

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank mal2703
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at CSA for 4 nights over Labor Day weekend and had a truly relaxing and enjoyable experience.

We flew in via International Air Link, our first time with them, and were at the resort within 45 minutes of landing at MBJ. A pleasure!

I am a long time fan of this resort and our stay in 2010 was a disappointment. I am happy to report that we were delighted with all of the changes and improvements that have been made since Karen took over as GM.

We had a great trip, with only a few issues. Our Ocean Verandah Suite had been VERY newly painted and was clean and fresh. New A/C, new mattress, crisp sheets, thick towels. As always, we loved having coffee on the large terrace in the early morning and watching the resort wake up.

WiFi was quick and dependable, very important to me.

Food was better than last visit (though that is rarely an issue at this resort) and staff was consistently pleasant and helpful. I spoke with Karen (new GM, formerly at CN) at the repeaters dinner and congratulated her on making such a difference in only 6 months.

Entertainment was excellent! Ultimate Chocolate was his usual entertaining and talented self and the live music in Aura was very good. We had a blast and stayed out and danced every evening. The martini bar never disappoints and this trip was no exception.

We skipped the beach party, as always, and headed to Ivan's for a wonderful dinner on the cliffs with stunning views of sunset.

The beach and water were spectacular, as always, and this is where we spent most of every day.

Sports complex is outstanding and I took advantage of the facilities as well as classes conducted by guest instructors.

The only real complaint we had was the saving of palapas very early in the morning, by guests who then did not show up for hours. I really wish Couples could find a way to address this as it is selfish and inconsiderate behavior.

We are planning a return trip next year. CSA really allows us to relax and enjoy each others company without distractions. It is a unique and special place and while not a luxury resort, it really delivers on the things we most enjoy.

Lemongrass remains a favorite for both food and ambiance. Sea Grapes is our favorite spot for a lunch right on the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank caviargal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
#8 of 80 in Negril
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
CocoLaPalm Resort
CocoLaPalm Resort
#11 of 80 in Negril

Been to Couples Swept Away? Share your experiences!