This place is true paradise! Waking up to sunny skies, pure white soft sandy beach,tasty food, excellent swimming area and clear water was a dream come true for my husband and I. We loved the resort, it's a beautiful property and is very well maintained. We loved our top floor Atrium suite! Open aired, screens and louvers were awesome. Our balcony was bigger than our living room at home! Our room definitely made our stay. Comfy bed with nice linens. Each night at turndown, the gal would leave us a little riddle on our pillow, it was so cute! Our room was always stocked up each day- all you had to do was fill out your little card each day on what you wanted. Our room was centrally located and was only a half a minute walk to the beach. At night once you see the awesome Negril sunset, you can fall asleep to the tree frogs. I slept like a baby everynight and awoke to room service each morning, serving nice muffins, fruit, croissants and the Blue Mountain coffee was so good! The food was excellent. We were mostly beach bums so we ate at the Palms which puts on a awesome buffet and al a carte too! The menus change and they had a nice selection of pretty much anything we wanted. Sea grapes on the beach was really good too, I tried the fish taco, which I would not normally eat back home.... It was awesome! Friday nite beach party was pretty impressive. How they keep everything so hot and cold is awesome! Jerk chicken was superb! (I am still trying to find a recipe for the cold sliced chicken dish they had)
Snorkeling was awesome! You sign up and show up, no extra cost! Many fish and cool criters out there, pictures are clear underwater. Swimming was the best! We come from a part of the world where our water looks just like the Caribbean blue waters but it is ice cold, so outdoor swimming even during the summer is not too comfortable even on a warm day. So swimming at CSA beach was a huge highlight for us and you will love that you can swim way out there and still see to the bottom! Rays were out swimming while we were there, cool starfish too! The sports hut - to mention employees Oliver, Marlon and Jappy were great and funny too! When you went to the hut to sign up for sports or get a few towels changed or just anywhere we went -were always met with a smile and everyone at the resort who worked there- it was always "no problem mon!" We loved it! The vendors on the beach were great, we made many friends and they are wonderful people. Just take a few moments to talk with them, they are very kind people. We enjoyed their music, bought some of their Cds and they greatly appreciate the support. Very talented!
We are headed back in Jan 13' for another fun sun filled vacation. Highly recommend this resort!
Shayne & Renee Parker
Yukon Territory, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril