We went to Couples Swept Away for a friend's destination wedding. I've stayed at an all-inclusive in Mexico and have traveled to many beach resorts and was very excited for our first visit to Jamaica. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed and have no intentions of returning or staying at another Couples resort. The service at the resort was lacking - throughout our stay the staff was with not friendly or accommodating OR they were severely understaffed resulting in extremely slow service. I appreciate the country's laid-back culture, but this was quite disappointing. As far as the food, we were not able to make reservations at the hotel's two nicer restaurants before we arrived. So when we checked in, we attempted to make reservations but were not successful, as the restaurants were either 'booked' or closed. During our stay we stopped by a few times to see if we could get in and over 1/2 of the tables were open, but yet they were 'completely booked' and we couldn't get in. The food at the buffets was decent, although they ran out of eggs one morning. They also ran out of beer and vodka one night. Our friend's wedding was beautiful, however the wedding coordinators were understaffed and the wedding attendees had to do many simple things that the hotel staff should have done to prepare for the ceremony. The flowers delivered were not what the bride requested and no solutions were ever proposed to fix the problem (or any of the concerns that we brought up throughout the wedding day). The beach activities looked great online, but when we went to do the activities (kayaking, paddle boarding), they had very limited supplies, so only 2 people could paddle board at the same time, which is just crazy given the size of the resort. One of the paddle board paddles broke, so they gave people a kayak paddle to use instead... not acceptable. The staff working the activity desk were not attentive or friendly, which again was a theme throughout the resort. The staff came at 11pm to do turndown service (that was the only night we were in that early, but being awaken by someone pounding on your door at that time of night was shocking and a bit scary). Towels for the pool and beach were hard to come by.
Overall, the trip was fun as we were with a large group of people who can make the best of every situation but I would not return or recommend this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril