This is our second year visiting Swept Away. I have to say we still love it and will probably return next year. We have stayed at several Sandals resorts in Jamaica. However, we feel you get far more for your money at Couples. The location is beautiful. The Beach is one of the best we have visited. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation this is it! The staff is great. They are helpful and gracious. The resort offers several activites and tours. However, we wanted to relax and we had plenty of time to do so. The beach allows locals to walk and sell their goods, as well as to perform for you. I enjoy this aspect of the trip. You get to meet the locals and see the wonderful crafts they offer. We purchased several wood carvings from Mountain Man. His work is beautiful. The guitar playing, drum beating and singing entertainment is also great. These people simply are entertaining and deserve a few dollars for their efforts. The liquor at the resort is great. We did hear several people complain they could not get what they wanted. However, me and my husband did not issue what so ever. There is plently of Appleton,Grand Marnier and the Margarita's were great! This made me happy. As usual the food was top notch! I can not pick a favorite eatery. They are all great and deliver a quality meal. There are several options for lunch. The beach cafe, the buffet, Patios and Sea Grapes. All of which are casual and layed back. Our room was the same room we had last year in building 4. We can see the beach from our patio and we were located close to Patios, Feathers,the cafe and Piano Bar. The noise is minimal and did not disturb us at all. Just a little note about the cleanliness. The rooms are cleaned daily and fresh towels are never an issue. By Jamaica standards this place is vey clean. However, if you ever traveled to Mexico or the Bahamas,Jamaica is not the same. However. this resort is beautiful and highly recommended. I would like to try some of the other Couples properties. However, it will be hard to pull us away from this gorgoeus beach , quality food, drink and service any time soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril