Couples Swept Away
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Rayon Hotel(Negril)
5,638 results
All reviewscabana grillsports complexatrium suitesea grapespatois patiocatamaran cruisemartini bargreat houseultimate chocolatebanana stuffed french toastaura loungefeathers restaurantpatios patiolemongrass restaurantour honeymoonfish tacosswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was my first time in Jamaica and I had only seen pictures from my research around couples.com and had expected a beautiful resort, but Couples Swept Away was more than beautiful in so many ways! I knew it was going to be a great trip when we (me&my boyfriend) landed in the airport and was greeted with a champagne at the Couples lounge & an easy transport to the resort. Then, more champagne as the bellman took our bags to the room & we soaked in the "tropical rainforest"-like view. We stayed in a garden vernandah suite, that had a ocean view from afar. We were excited to see a form for mini bar items that could be re-stocked daily and a breakfast room service card (that we took advantage of everyday!) The Palms breakfast buffet is a must too, make your own champagne & bloody mary bar and all! Feathers is a great restaurant to dress up and have amazing food (excellent escargot). Lemongrass is equally as formal and just as good food, but with a thai twist....Top activities: snorkeling & a couples massage class :) My favorite part about the whole trip was being able to walk around with your love so carefree, and having anything you may need ready for you! Mats to float on in the warm water, bar to swim up to may you want a blended tropical drink, a hammock to lay on & watch the sunset, and the cabana grill for the best jerk chicken around! Cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: No elevators, but the top floor rooms offer a great view of the ocean/sunset!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelsey P
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We decided on Couples swept away for our honeymoon from our travel agent, Jaimi from Beach Bum Vacation!!! We could not have asked for a better week of food, sun, and relaxation. The staff was always more than accommodating and knowledgeable. The Rooms were spacious and clean, and the bed was heavenly! Loved the layout of the resort with all the different walking paths and "hidden" areas with hot tubs, crochet, and koi ponds. The food was amazing, anything you could have ever asked for! We especially loved "lemongrass", and asian flare style restaurant. The spa was amazing with the "waiting pool" before we got our couples massage. The two pools were a plus b/c afternoon time gets busy at the swim up bar. . The only downfall was the bus ride in to resort, cramped and hot. As well as the resort had a lot of smokers. We would definately go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden room, totally worth it considering we didn't really spend all that much time in our room! It was private, more so than the beach front ones, and clean! The value can't be beat!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NattersML
Reviewed October 16, 2012

...not for us, but for some of our closest friends! We had a wonderful time, everything went smoothly from the setting up of the trip, to the travel to and form the airport, dinners, activities, and especially the wedding! It was the first time we used a travel concierge and I would absolutely do it again. Used a great woman name Jaimi (jaimi@beachbumvacation.com) from Beach Bum Vacation. She took care of all the plans so we could chill in the sun with no worries. The resort was breathtaking, pristine water and a staff that made you feel at home and get into Jamaican Time where it's all about good times. Food was amazing as well, buffets or sit downs whichever you prefer, whenever you prefer. We would absolutely go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Spring for the Beach Front Verandah, it's not too much more but so nice to be able to just walk out of your room and onto the sand.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan_BK_222
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I went to Couples swept way for our honeymoon in Aug 2012 and we would both highly recommend this resort to anyone. We opted to take the small plane from Montego Bay to Negril Airport that is only 15 mins instead of 90 mins (I hear) on the bus. This was a great decision for the price ($100 each). We got to see fabulous views of the ocean and the countryside. I had registered with the honeymoon registery so we had gifts from family and friends which allowed us to do some things we would have never done with out it, They just give you a credit and then you pick what you would like to do. We went on excursions to Dunns River Falls, Martha Brae Rafting, YS falls, Black River Safari and Appleton Rum Tours. All in 2 days. (long days but well worth it) We also rented the private boat from Couples $120 for two hours and well worth it, we got to go on a private snorkel with the lifeguards from couples and we will never forget it. We also did the dinner on the beach, and had a couples massage and in the end we only owed $40 on our room account.

We got the premier beach from suite and we were si glad we did, we have a lower level and we were literally steps from the beach. We had a huge balcony and even though it was on the main pathway it still felt private. The bathroom is the other thing I would change about our suite as it was flooding the bathroom floor after showers but the maid came to mop up twice a day and we were never in our room only for changing and sleeping so no big deal. Don't go all the way to Jamaica to sit in our room and watch TV, when there is crystal clear warm water to swim in and a white sandy beach on your doorstep.

Food was excellent we thought with a wide variety of dishes. The snapper taco's and the Jerk chicken spring rolls are delicious. You can order a small continetal breakfast to your room, we did this a couple of times, as it was nice to have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. I mentioned we had the dinner on the beach it was fabulous You can choice from two menus so we each chose a dish so we could share and try both, abd both was fabulous.

The entertainment in the evening is not the strong point but it is "good enough" and they show some of their culture with Steel drum bands, dancers and Regee singers. We were mostly to bed by 10pm as we woke up early to get to the beach.

There are two things I found annoying one was that they allow people to put out towels on chairs and reserves spots on the beach, I do not like they should just take peoples towels away that do this, as most spots were taken even before 7am. If we got a spot with a shade we stayed there and we ordered the breakfast to our room and then sat and ate it on the beach. Also we took the champagne from our room and sat and watched the sunset numberous days. The second thing that annoyed me was that they take photos of us and then it was so expensive to buy. Very overpiced at $15 a photo I think. Also when we got there, as it was off season I guess they had a special on the photos but on our last day it was gone and they would not give us the special, between the front desk and photo booth, they didn't do anything for us, which was heartbreaking as we had some great photos but could not justify paying full price for them.

I still believe though that anyone that writes a bad review of this resort is just a plain and simple complainer!! It is beautiful. My husband and I had the oppotunity to go out of the resort (on excursions) and see some of the country and from what we saw I can say that couples swept away is a 5 star resort in Jamaica and I can also say that if you complain to them it will get you no where, those workers work so hard and are dressed so clean and professional looking its hard to believe how they live. If you go out into the countryside you will know what I mean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank emvanty
Reviewed October 16, 2012

If my family, my in-laws, my wife, and myself can all agree that we had a great time, it is tough to give Couples Swept Away anything but a great review. We were married there at the beginning of June and brought about 30 of our friends and family. We have yet to receive anything but glowing reviews from our guests. The resort was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere was relaxed - it was everything you would want, and everything our travel agent Jaimi Smith at Beach Bum Vacation (she put up with our insanity, she deserves the plug) promised it would be. The beauty of the water cannot be undersold. It was so clear, so clean, and so warm, I never wanted to get out of it. We did have some concern Jamaica wouldn't exactly be a place our older parents would enjoy, there is a certain view of the country after all; however, they all had a great time lounging at the beach, at the bars, and walking around the property. It felt very safe, although the "salesman" on the beach were a little more aggressive than we would have liked. However, if you said you weren't interested, they were pretty nice about it and would move on. There is a variety of food offered at the resort, much of it very good. The only thing to be aware of with regard to the food is that it definitely has a jamaican flare to it - if you are looking for simple pepperoni pizza, you will be out of luck. But, in general, among the 30 people we traveled with, everyone found something they enjoyed. As for the drinks, they were plentiful. The beer selection could be better (red stripe and miller lite), but this is a small quibble. With respect to the main event, the wedding was fantastic. The wedding planners were great to work with. They walked us through every step of the way, offered a myriad of choices, and were present for the ceremony and the reception to make sure everything went off great. We could not have chosen a better place to get married. The staff in general were great to work with, very friendly, and seemed genuinely interested to talk to you and assist you with whatever you needed. One note: the bugs are a bit annoying, so just be careful at night. Overall, we had a great time and an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: A room on the beach is the way to go.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple