“A Honeymoon We'll Never Forget” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Couples Swept Away

Couples Swept Away
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Florida
“A Honeymoon We'll Never Forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

When looking for a honeymoon destination, you will reach a point where somethings will just be too good to be true. And many will be scared of that, but Couples Swept Away (CSA) is just something else. A cut above the rest.

If you are looking for a fancy hotel, where there are more staff then guests, and there is not a speck of dust on the floors, this is the wrong place for you and you should consider a brand name resort.

For those before me, if you rated CSA anything less than a 4/5 you are the kind that just expect too much and wouldn't be happy no matter what. And for those who have visited CSA and had a situation that needed a room change and then left a neg review you're probably bad at getting customer service the right way.

Our honeymoon experience was almost on it way down the tubes 3 hours into checking in, but that was turned around to the best honeymoon we could have ever asked for.

We landed at the airport in MoBay and went straight to the Couples lounge. Before I could get connected to the Wi-Fi our bus was ready to take us to the hotel. That was great as the airport is small and has not much to do. The journey was about 45 minutes long. Not bad. If you get a bit scared of the fast turns and close calls just ask the driver to take it easy and you will be ok.

The flight from Orlando got in at 10am so we were at the hotel by 12 and of course our room was not ready, but the checkin lady took a map and showed us where we could get a bite. This time we used wisely to check out what was where and how to get about...

The minute we got to the room I had to check the minibar. We asked for an alcohol free minibar. This was forgotten and it was fully stocked with a lot of booze. Also the fridge was bust, so no cold water or coke either. So we called the front office to have it checked out. After that point, it took three hours to solve the issue. First someone came and took all the booze away. Then someone took the fridge away. Then someone brought a new fridge, then someone took it back, then someone brought back a whole lot of booze, then the new fridge was taken away. IT WAS A CRAZY THREE HOURS. So anyways, I stay calm and just ask everyone to leave my room except the front office manager. She stays back and I write on a papper what I want, a working fridge and no alcohol in it. I also request a meeting with a manager the next morning. Its now about 5pm. We make reservations for dinner and we have a lazy day and a very lifted one from there on in.

At 10am in the morning a manager comes to my room. Mr. David Ebanis. I would like to segway here and say, I have been to many 5 star hotels, and have dealt with a lot of people in the hospitality industry, David was a STAR!!! He deserved to be where he was, and he will be much further very soon. He was very patient and he listened to everything I had to say. I had two requests, one was that our 30minute complimentary couples massage be quadruples to 2 HOURS - and that was DONE, my second request was a complimentary dinner on the beach, usually US$179. He met me half way and I didn't mind.

From then on, our honeymoon was bliss. We had a fabulous time. The catamaran cruise is heavenly. Do get in the water at the caves, its a lot of fun. Make sure you ask Rasta Ralph his tricky math question. We also went night snorkling, not too much fun but a great experience. We loved the pool by the Plams as it was quiet and we usually were the only ones there. And the gigantic icecream cone machine was great to have there.

We never once had a meal that wasn't at least a 4/5. Even the rugged fish burgers at the Cabana Grill were so delicious. The chili chocolate square at the lemon grass was heavenly and the steel drum band is out of this world.

We want to shout out a few people. Lenise (front office manager), David Ebanis, Travis and Romeo from the sports shop. Omar the entertainer. And Colin our extra helpful bellboy.

If you are looking for all inclusive, look no further.

Room Tip: Get a room in the great house building towards the back, the view is unblocked and heavenly.
3 Thank GandoSalo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,395)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in August for a week. We had to change rooms 3 times to get a room where the AC worked. The resort is very pretty and most of the staff are very nice. What I mean by most is that you can tell some of them just hate their job. The drinks and food are awesome except for the lobster. The beach is amazing walking on the sand is like walking on squishy baby marshmallows peeps and the water caresses your skin. The activities they offer are fun and will keep you busy. If you are only going for a week don't book more than two excursions because you wont have enough time to enjoy the resort. My biggest complaint is that they allow people selling things to walk along the beach and harass you to buy things and that they have people come to the resort every day and set up booths so anytime you walk somewhere there are people along the way to harass you to buy things. don't buy anything from them or at the resort it is all WAY WAY over price. Go to the duty free shopping one morning and buy your stuff there. You will save a ton of money especially on jewelry. We had a nice time so if you have already booked your trip don't worry you will have a blast as long as you speak up if something is wrong. Don't wait tell them right away. Oh and the creme brule at Feathers is AWESOME! So are all the soups. Where lots of sunscreen and don't cliff dive. Over all we had fun but I think I'll try a different resort next time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but try to book one with a hammock on the porch its so worth the cost
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tkaestler
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just got back from anniversary trip with my wife - we had an awesome time! Would absolutely recommend a trip here and would without a doubt come back. Would give 4.5 stars if they had a half a star here.

Stayed in beach front suite on older side closer to Palm restaurant and Martini bar. Was the right choice! We had a spectacular view from our second floor room - highly recommend second floor over first as you get less foot traffic around the room and more privacy. The extra steps going up and down were more than worth it. Our travel agent really gave us great advise here.

Room was clean and well maintained and comfortable. This is a tropical resort so do not expect a hotel like you would in a Hilton / Marriott. Has a tropical feel and you will hear the beautiful tropical sounds of the ocean, frogs and other night noises.

Bed was much firmer that we have at home but I liked it a lot. Very comfortable. The air conditioning unit in our room froze up and did not work properly during the week we were there.The maintenance people called us to let us know they would put us in another room but we did not to really pack and unpack again and we were very comfortable at night even without the ac working properly. We had a room with no TV and it was really also the right choice for us. Did not miss it a bit!

Beach Highlights:
The beach - clean, raked dailey, water spectacular!
Lounges were very comfortable and you could take the cushions and just float out in the water. Just heaven for us both. Water crystal clear.

Beach lowlights
None!!!

Restaurant/bar highlights:

Patois restaurant, Lemongrass and Feathers
Patois had by far the best breakfast, My wife liked Feathers best (I loved it too) and I liked Lemongrass the best for dinner (Thai cuisine)

The bars on the beach had a great variety of drinks and all we had were delicious. You can lay on lounge on beach and they provide you with green flag you can stick in the sand when you want a drink. If that is what your looking for, I'd suggest going a bit closer to the bars - we were closer to end most of the time and did not always get the attention from the beach attendants serving the drinks. Was fine with us though. We stayed in the sun most of the day at the beach. They have thatch covered, shaded huts where you can fit two lounges. If you want one of these, you need to get down to beach at 6 am or so and "reserve" your spot with a towel, sandals a book or two so you can tie up that spot for the day. We did not get down to beach til about 8 am each day and by that time those shaded huts were taken. Towards the end of our trip we just took lounges in the shade under the palms and pulled out the lounge if we wanted direct sun. My favorite place here was the beach.

Bar lowlights:

*They show upper shelf liquor but I had my doubts at times that the Grey Goose was really Grey Goose.
*The drinks sometimes had a soapy taste to them but mostly noticed at Palms and Martini bar.

The Staff
First class entertainment staff - especially Omar and Rushine. Every employee at resort was attentive and accomodating. I cannot say anything negative about the service or just how genuinely nice everyone seemed. First class treatment from all.

Activities
Rick's Cafe - worth the trip. About a 20 minute van ride. Rick's is a very cool place you can watch guys cliff dive about 100 feet from comfort of the outside bar. The patrons are also able to cliff dive from about 35-40 feet. Beautiful view of sunset. Did not eat there but had drinks.

Snorkeling
Just beautiful. A 10 minute boat ride off the shore to some reefs maybe 8-15' deep. Bring underwater camera! You are in the water for 30-45 minutes and sites are amazing. The crew will give a quick lesson to anyone who has not snorkeled before.

Diving
They will give you a free PADI class and certification course. Not a typical "free pass" for divers here who are not certified. They take seriously and I know of a couple of guys during our stay there that did not pass the class. I am open water PADI certified and have several 100'+ dives under my belt but since I had not dived in 8 years and take medication for high blood pressure, they would not allow me to dive without my doctor's consent. If you want to dive and have any medical conditions - however minor - have a letter from your doctor signed and stamped if you want to participate in this.

Catamaran sunset boat trip.

About a 3 hour trip where you can expect a bunch of partying and sensational sunset. They go past Rick's Cafe and spots where you will see young Jamaican kids diving then swimming over to the boat for tips. Crazy! Even more amazing than seeing these kids dive were watching them climb the cliffs back up with bare feet and hands. Well worth bringing a few extra bucks for these kids.

The catamaran will stop and allow passengers to go off slide into the water and then take swim into caves. Pretty cool to see.

The Cat crew definitely look for tips after the trip.

Other water sports...
They have four person catamarans you can take out as well as wind surfing, paddle boats, paddle boards and water skiing.

Even though there is no tipping at the resort, we made sure we left tips for our housekeeping staff as well as others throughout the resort that deserved something. The bartenders will definitely take a tip just have to be careful how it is given as I was told any employee seen taking a tip would be fired. The tipping was not a huge dollar amount but was clearly appreciated where given and we just couldn't not do it!

Music and Shows and other extras
The Palm had great entertainment and the band was very good too. The night club Aura was good and had good dj and piano bar.

Recommend going to managers cocktail party to meet managers and have cocktails.

We had our anniversary dinner on the beach which was a highlight. Great lobster and we had wonderful time.

Wednesday night Bonfire was nice.

Things to bring:
Empty large zip lock bags for wet clothes when you leave.
Bug spray or wipes - at times sand flies would bite at night

We really loved out trip and would go back in a minute. We stayed 7 days and that was perfect. So happy we went for the 7 instead of 4-5 days. Could have stayed 10 easily!!!

Room Tip: Worth extra $ to go for beach front - you will not be disapointed! Units towards back of resort can...
9 Thank On Edge R
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Well we could not stay away, returned September 28, 2012.
We find this time of year great as the resort is not to busy, it rains for about an hour at 2pm but by then you need a break from the sun.
Since thisw is out second visit we were invited to the return guest dinner, wow!, they pulled out all the stops, before drinks and appetizers by the poo; at the Palm's and a 4 coarse meal followed that was to die for.
The staff are always smiling and smiling, thank you to Frazer (bartender) for the drinks, conversation and the lessons in Patios.
Dayne - what a lovely award winning salad you made for me, Miss Janet for the introduction to Sour Sob.
I can go on and on, this reort has everything a person could ask for one of the best beaches, nice rooms, facilities, but the staff are what make it.
No complaints from me, very sad to leave, but happy to know that today I am one day closer to returning next year.
Why try something else when I am garanteed a good time ay CSA

Room Tip: My first trip I had a Oceanview Varandah, this trip a Garden View quite honestly they are the same i...
3 Thank Debra4110
oakville, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I visited Couples Swept Away from September 7-18, 2012, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. we were so happy we chose to renew our vows and commitment to one another at CSA! We usually go to Excellence resorts if we are doing the AI thing, but thought we should do something different for a milestone.
Sorry for the long review, but wanted to be thorough and ensure that i addressed everything...

Let me preface by saying that at any resort or hotel, it is the people who make or break your vacation, and this resort had some of the best staff we have encountered ... right up there with Excellence Playa Mujeres. The difference between the two is A. the language barrier, and B. EPM is much more formal, while CSA is informal, friendly, fun. We loved the staff At CSA. More on that later.

Couples Lounge: We were taking a private transfer ( BIG SHIP TOURS), so stopped in to the lounge to let them know we would not be taking the shuttle. They told us to sit and have a beer, then one of the young gentlemen went outside to find our driver, which i thought was a nice touch. The lounge was nice, and everyone working there very friendly.

Check In: good, efficient check in. The usual cold towel and Champagne. Wish it had been in a flute rather than a saucer as the Champagne sloshed all over the place when you walked with it... thought saucers went out of style 25 years ago/ no worries it”s all good ( flutes at the restaurants by the way). We room was ready, but we asked to upgrade so we had to wait for our new room to be made up. No biggie... simply changed , stored our luggage and headed out to enjoy the resort. We had hoped for a beachfront or beachfront verandah room, but none were available. they offered us an atrium at n/c, or a ocean verandah suite for $70 more per night , and we chose that, asking for a ground floor room.

Room: Room was as expected.... rustic, yes, somewhat dated, but spotlessly clean, and had a great view of the beach and the koi pond. Literally out the patio door and less than 30 second walk to beach. We loved the location of 4115... steps to beach, Bamboo bar, pool bar, Feathers, Aura Lounge and Patois and beach Grill awesome. Upon retiring our first night, we noticed that the patio doors were broken and that you could just push them open even when locked. there were also gaps underneath the patio and front doors, so I was nervous about creepie crawlies getting in. Next morning we called front desk and told them about our doors... they offered to give us a new room, but we had already unpacked and we liked the room location, so we said if the doors could be fixed we would prefer to stay. they sent someone over immediately, along with a security guard so that we could leave the room while it was fixed. We did not experience one single insect of any type in our room.... no ants, nothing. it was a good room. Bed and pillow super comfy, ceiling fan and AC worked great... could do with a bathroom update and some more storage in the bathroom and room, but that was our only complaint.... no it is not ultra chic and luxe but we knew that going in. Next time I would look at booking the Premiere beachfront Suite for the wrap around terrace, but i really did love the location of our room. Maid service, Mini bar service and turn down service were great. we did get maid service miss us one day, and when we came back to the room at the end of the day, we called, and she said she would send someone over while we were at dinner.... sure enough, when we came back, the room was made up and turned down with some lovely flowers and towel art.

Beach: Most awesome beach ever, and I have seen a lot. miles of powder white sand, crystal clear bathtub warm water, ( loved watching the very large spotted rays swim so gracefully by every day)lots of shade should you want it... yes there was some towel saving going on for the palapas... it was only 60% occupied when we got there and even going out at 7 am was impossible to get one. We parked ourselves most mornings under the huge almond tree next to the bamboo bar... great shade and close to the room and the bar... nice because the bar played reggae throughout the day so you could hear it sitting here. i was up by 6 am most mornings and would go out and read until my hubby woke up at 8.... the last several mornings, i thought i may as well just go down to the beach and read... so peaceful at that hour of day, and the beach is just starting to come to life with walkers, joggers, dog walkers.. even a few people in the water. ON those mornings I was able to get a palapa by the bamboo bar.... i was on my lounger under it by 6:05, and most were gone by then, and i NEVER saw anyone else in their palapas until well after noon..... quite rude, really. we saw someone coming home from the bonfire on wednesday night set up their palapa around midnight for the next day.

The vendors are not aggressive at all. We quite enjoyed meeting and talking with them. We thought Elvis was lovely, I bought some Jewelry from Andrea and Faye, rented a couple of jetskiis for an hour each from 007 and Jimmy, listened to all the wonderful musicians, and talked with the lovely blind man with the two dogs every morning. No one harassed you and to those who complained about them..... they work very very hard to make an honest living. lighten up. A smile and a no thank you goes a long way, and you will be treated with much respect indeed. If you say I will come by and see later, they will ask you when, and will be offended if you do not come by.... they remember everyone, so if you actually mean no, say so.

Watersports:

Every morning at 8, i headed over to ski.... water is still nice and calm then, so it is the best time to go. I guess because of the low occupancy, i never had a problem getting to do anything i wanted to do... ski every morning, glass bottom boat as often as we wanted, snorkeled and dived every day, took the cat cruise three times during our stay, the second and third time we booked the same day. the reefs were great with lots of cool things to see. Water sports staff were very friendly and helpful, and getting fresh towels was no problem. many days i had 6 towels... remember on check out day you need to turn 2 in to the water sports hut and get a receipt for check out or you will be charged. No one tells you this upon check in and no where on your resort literature is it noted. I only knew from reading on trip advisor. You can also get towels by the swim up pool bar.

Entertainment:

WE LOVED the entertainment at CSA. No, there are not hours of endless let”s make the guests look like goofs kind of games, but there was always something going on. We never took part in any of the day time activities, but the entertainment staff always stopped by for extended chats everyday, and we became friends with all of them. very hardworking kids. they live on site and work from 7am-2 am some nights. they are at the disco nightly to ensure everyone has a dance partner. there were some fun games some nights at Aura... like the newlywed game, etc. SO... the evenings... wow... best entertainment of any place we have been to... more low key than the cheesy Vegas style shows Mexico is renowned for. It was so hot when we were there that all the entertainment 9 for the most part) was held in the Aura Lounge. we loved the house band... they played a different style of music each night... Kick A** reggae, easy listening, Rock and Roll, some very funky 70’s stuff that had everyone up dancing; to amazing jazz.... they were awesome. The Steel Drum band was incredible, as were the fire dancers at the Shipwreck party. They had some great guest Dj’s that had the club rocking until the wee hours of the morning. Shayam Moses, the acoustic guitarist/singer at the bonfire was imply amazing, and the whole experience was perfect. BUT my favorite Favorite FAVORITE thing to do in the evenings was to head to Aura for Blazing Piano with Ultimate Chocolate and his sidekick Teno. Oh my God we had SOOO much fun with these two, and you really got to know the other guests as it is so interactive and fun. Ultimate really knows how to draw you in and get you involved in the party. he is consummate gentleman and an amazing musician/entertainer. Teno. who used to be on the entertainment team has joined him, and has a beautiful, smooth, soulful voice, and is a very personable young man. My husband and I became close with both of them over the course of our vacation. Ultimate and hubby have a bit of a BROMANCE going on, and have kept in touch since out returning home. We would go again just to hang out with ultimate again. Such a warm wonderful person.

Theme nights:

loved the shipwreck party on friday nights... got to take in two of them. great food, especially the curried conch... OMG YUM!!! Great entertainment, great vibe... some silliness before the show starts, but the entertainment kids know who to pick on and who to leave alone!

International night was ok, not that great, but A for effort.

Bonfire party was excellent... all the loungers set up around a huge bonfire, bar set up on the beach, and Shyam Moses crooning love songs. super smooth dude... we bought a couple of CDs to take home and everyone here has been asking who it is. Good Stuff.

Food:

palms buffet:

meh.... what the put out was good to excellent, but not much variety for breakfast or lunch. breakfast offered the usual suspects of eggs, breakfast meats, pastries, waffles, plus one or two local dishes each day. Lunch was themed usually... a taco day, Chinese day ( seriously? I felt like I was back in my university dining hall) not my cup of tea, but the food was of a very good quality. I loved all of their jamaican dishes, especially the jamaican Conch Soup OMG SO GOOD!!! several days i made an entire meal out of this this!! The home made beads, pastries and desserts were excellent. I found most days The palms to be uncomfortably hot.

Lemon Grass; Did not enjoy the food real. Service was excellent, ambience was stunning... again... uncomfortably hot... so much so that we left as soon as we were done eating. Probably the prettiest restaurant on resort.

Sea grapes. only ate here once too... our first day as soon as we got in. Snapper sandwich was good, self serve pop, water beer and ice cream was a nice touch. we did avail ourselves to that occasionally.

patois. Only open for dinner until our second last day there... food very good, temperature was comfortable, service very prompt and friendly, Bar was fantastic... loved it. Ate here often in the evening. Did have breakfast and lunch on our second last day... menu was limited, but everything tasted delicious and of very high quality.

Beach Grill: cant comment as we are not fast food people. Most seemed to enjoy it.

Feathers: Because of low occupancy we were able to eat here as often as we chose... we went four times. it is the only air conditioned restaurant on property. EXCELLENT. Food SO good.... we especially loved the lion fish. in fact, we ate primarily fish for every meal while at CSA... but Feathers is the only place you can get the Lion Fish. Awesome. Filet very good too, as was the lobster on saturday night. Yum Yum. Service always very good and friendly!

It would be nice if there were more air conditioned restaurants at CSA... not fun to get all dressed up and the perspire buckets while eating.

Bars:

Martini Bar:

Nice, but again, hot... had a lovely chat with Damien on our first night... we really enjoyed his company ( we were the only people up there so we just hung out with him and had some fun.) sadly, no Grey Goose available during our stay...no premium stuff anywhere except Tanqueray, but once that was out, that was it for the day. Minimal seating around the bar.

Sunset bar... never really frequented this bar as it is at the opposite side of the beach from where we hung out, but they have a sno cone machine there with various syrups and i saw a lot of people enjoying these.

Bamboo Bar...

This is the bar near where we set up camp everyday. Green Flag service was offered and appeared to running well... we were offered service several times our first full day, but we were literally steps to the bar so we told them not to worry that we could get our own. Drinks were good, the first few days the staff were very surly, but then the lightened up and were very nice except for one guy working there. ignored us every day and spoke not one word to us nor served us one drink.... and i brought chocolates out everyday and made a point to be friendly... seriously we are so low maintenance and chatty we found it weird... anyway, he was the one exception. One day we were here and asked for tanq and tonic and the girl just said there is none. A bar manager happened to be there and immediately got on the phone and asked for a bottle to be brought down. but if no managers were around, and they were out... they stayed out.

Pool bar... Cramped, tiny, loud, pool dirty and gross at times, but staff here amongst the best on the property. Very lovely young men.... seemed to really enjoy their jobs, and always remembered what you drank and your names. knew how to mix a good drink too. We usually headed here for the last part of the day after the beach. met lots of very nice people here.

Patois bar:

loved it. sophisticated, greta drinks 9 got my nightly Grand marnier fix here) fantastic staff. Great conversation.

Aura Lounge: made our evening entertainment here every night. Decent booze, fantastic staff.... dancing, laughing, and Ultimate Chocolate. Very cool vibe going on in here, and COLD COLD AC... perfect for dancing.

Fitness Centre: One Word: Impressive! from the open air gym, to the olympic pool, the running trail, tennis courts, putting greens, basketball court, soccer pitch, AC aerobics room with so many classes to choose from, it was amazing. Add to that a fantastic sports bar with Big flat screen tv’s a pool table, etc , a spa, salon, steam rooms and saunas and it puts most health clubs here in Toronto to shame. Apparently it is the biggest sports facility in the entire Caribbean.

Salon/Spa/ Misc: Because we were renewing our vows, we got a free couples massage included but never got around to using them.. we were either too busy or too lazy, depending who you asked! i did get my hair and makeup done for our ceremony an and she did an amazing job. Our photographer, keithon, took the most amazing pictures of our ceremony, which was beautiful! The minister was so sincere and warm, we are so glad we decided to do that.

Pool;

never hung out at the main pool, but it was pretty, although small... it was serviced by the palms bar.

Swim up pool... again small.and sometimes it would get so crowded and the water could start looking a little gross. Pretty pool though and a nice spot to end the day and meet some people.

The hot tubs all around were lovely, and HOT. They were filled with natural mineral water so were therapeutic with no chemicals. All pools and hot tubs were open 24 hours.

STAFF SHOUT OUTS:

There were so many, and if I forget anyone I am so sorry.... you all made our vacation great! Hear are a few standouts!

Big Kudos to Entertainment Team Members Rushaine, Shelley Anne, Doyley ( watch out for him... he is destined to be the next Prime Minister, and Jerome, a brand new Hire who was one of the crowd from day one. Well done, gang... loved the orientation tour with Doyley and dancing with rushaine, as well as long chats with Jerome.

Brooks and Antoinette at the palms.... “sisters from another mother” These girls are a barrel of fun and laughter and go out of their way to make you feel special and like family. Also Trainee Elsie Ann... what a sweet girl! All the best to Antoinnette who is going to be a new mom in December!

Lincoln, the beach waiter at the bamboo Bar. What a gem! lovely young man!
Damien, at the martini bar... he should be an actor. So funny and entertaining... also attentive and personable and mixes a mean lychee martini. or were those goat balls...LOL!!!

Romaine and Lucien at the pool bar... Lucien also worked the bar at palms for lunch. these guys are great fun and very obviously enjoy their jobs. No matter where we were on resort, they would yell over hey and come to chat.

ALL THE STAFF at AURA... sorry we can”t remember all the names... because they served us to well!!! YOU know who you are. we truly enjoyed each and every one of the bartenders and waitresses here.... such a awesome bunch of young people. And of course, we cannot forget our good friends Ultimate and Teno... two of the nicest, most genuine and most talented people you will have the pleasure of meeting.

Photographer Keithon Brett is amazing.... such creativity and technique. I will cherish these photos for years to come!

All in all, a lovely holiday, and we will likely be back at some point, if the price were right. it is still cheaper to go to Mexico, and easier for us to get to. While not an over the top luxurious resort, this hit a lot of things spot on.

Room Tip: We liked the newer side of the resort.
13 Thank kerlyranoakville_ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

found the staff to be very friendly & happy people a special mention for Rohan & Curtis , (bar staff) also Ricardo & the new chap jerome . food awesome ! Neville the head chef in palms restaurant a nice guy & a very good cook in our opinion ! overall a great hol enjoyed by the four of us . Garry (alias George clooney ) elaine, Linda , & Clive

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Winter52
Port Byron, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We just returned from our first trip to Couples Swept Away. We had gone to Couples Negril ten times and it was getting too crowded with loud groups for us and really showing it's age. We love the idea of a couples only resort and wanted to give this one a try. We LOVED it! It is much more spread out than CN, so you don't notice wedding groups much at all. There is a lot more trees, flowers and plants. Much more "resort" not so much "hotel" feeling. The buildings are smaller and more spread out. Each room has a large porch that became our favorite place to sit. It is a very healthy resort. A vegetarian grill with great food all day! The fish tacos are a must try. Fresh fruit smoothies all day at the very large spa and workout area.The spa is inside so much less noisy than CN where the walls don't go to the ceiling. Two fancy restaurants and several less fancy places to eat. Two pools and at least four bars. There are many jacuzzis spread out over the property and koi ponds. It is very long and narrow. We got the lowest price room because we don't spend much time there and because they stagger the buildings, even thou we were in the back row we had an ocean view! The disco and piano bar were much nicer and so much fun! My only gripe is the bathroom was pretty bad. I know it's on a beach with sun, salt and sand, but it was so rusty and the grout was dirty. There was no plug in the tub so there was just a hole! It really should be nicer for the price. Maid service was excellent and linens and towels clean and crisp. The staff, just like at CN was just the best in the world!!! We scuba dive and they have the nicest, biggest boat we have ever been on. The dive guys were so fun! Just loved them all! We are counting the days until we return to our new "home"!

Room Tip: Because it is long and narrow all rooms are close to the beach. Don't spend extra for beach fron...
7 Thank ScubaKMF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
#9 of 84 in Negril
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,711 reviews
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Been to Couples Swept Away? Share your experiences!