When looking for a honeymoon destination, you will reach a point where somethings will just be too good to be true. And many will be scared of that, but Couples Swept Away (CSA) is just something else. A cut above the rest.
If you are looking for a fancy hotel, where there are more staff then guests, and there is not a speck of dust on the floors, this is the wrong place for you and you should consider a brand name resort.
For those before me, if you rated CSA anything less than a 4/5 you are the kind that just expect too much and wouldn't be happy no matter what. And for those who have visited CSA and had a situation that needed a room change and then left a neg review you're probably bad at getting customer service the right way.
Our honeymoon experience was almost on it way down the tubes 3 hours into checking in, but that was turned around to the best honeymoon we could have ever asked for.
We landed at the airport in MoBay and went straight to the Couples lounge. Before I could get connected to the Wi-Fi our bus was ready to take us to the hotel. That was great as the airport is small and has not much to do. The journey was about 45 minutes long. Not bad. If you get a bit scared of the fast turns and close calls just ask the driver to take it easy and you will be ok.
The flight from Orlando got in at 10am so we were at the hotel by 12 and of course our room was not ready, but the checkin lady took a map and showed us where we could get a bite. This time we used wisely to check out what was where and how to get about...
The minute we got to the room I had to check the minibar. We asked for an alcohol free minibar. This was forgotten and it was fully stocked with a lot of booze. Also the fridge was bust, so no cold water or coke either. So we called the front office to have it checked out. After that point, it took three hours to solve the issue. First someone came and took all the booze away. Then someone took the fridge away. Then someone brought a new fridge, then someone took it back, then someone brought back a whole lot of booze, then the new fridge was taken away. IT WAS A CRAZY THREE HOURS. So anyways, I stay calm and just ask everyone to leave my room except the front office manager. She stays back and I write on a papper what I want, a working fridge and no alcohol in it. I also request a meeting with a manager the next morning. Its now about 5pm. We make reservations for dinner and we have a lazy day and a very lifted one from there on in.
At 10am in the morning a manager comes to my room. Mr. David Ebanis. I would like to segway here and say, I have been to many 5 star hotels, and have dealt with a lot of people in the hospitality industry, David was a STAR!!! He deserved to be where he was, and he will be much further very soon. He was very patient and he listened to everything I had to say. I had two requests, one was that our 30minute complimentary couples massage be quadruples to 2 HOURS - and that was DONE, my second request was a complimentary dinner on the beach, usually US$179. He met me half way and I didn't mind.
From then on, our honeymoon was bliss. We had a fabulous time. The catamaran cruise is heavenly. Do get in the water at the caves, its a lot of fun. Make sure you ask Rasta Ralph his tricky math question. We also went night snorkling, not too much fun but a great experience. We loved the pool by the Plams as it was quiet and we usually were the only ones there. And the gigantic icecream cone machine was great to have there.
We never once had a meal that wasn't at least a 4/5. Even the rugged fish burgers at the Cabana Grill were so delicious. The chili chocolate square at the lemon grass was heavenly and the steel drum band is out of this world.
We want to shout out a few people. Lenise (front office manager), David Ebanis, Travis and Romeo from the sports shop. Omar the entertainer. And Colin our extra helpful bellboy.
If you are looking for all inclusive, look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril