“The Best Holiday Of Our Lives, Couples You're The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Couples Swept Away

Couples Swept Away
Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The Best Holiday Of Our Lives, Couples You're The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Flew out from the UK with Virgin, upgraded flights well worth the extra cost it was brill, plenty of leg room and very comfortable.

Arrived Mobay on time and because we had upgraded the flight we were straight through customs. Our private transfer was waiting outside (which we had booked before we went), took our cases and handed us drinks for the journey, couldn't ask for a better start!!!!

Check in at reception was excellent, very helpful and a good introduction to what we soon found out to be a fantastic hotel.

Room was very very clean, spacious with a partial view of the beach with a huge balcony.

Sorry to the miserable people who leave bad reports about this hotel but we could not fault it in any way, it was superb.

The food was beautiful, so much choice and always served with a huge smile.
One thing that amazed us both was the option to have a bucks fizz at breakfast, seriously they made us feel so special the entire time we were there.

Very comfy beds on the beach which convert to a floating bed for the sea. The beach was perfectly clean and well maintained, the sea was so calm and stunning.

The beach bar opened at 10, time for a drink to cool down. Ten minutes later a smiling waitress brings you a fruit kebab, mmm. Ten minutes later, starting to get a bit hot again and out of the blue here she comes again, this time with ice towels to cool you down (Shana-Kaye, you're a star). Now I have been to a lot of places all over the caribbean and further but I have never experienced anything like this.

To make the staff even better, they do not expect or are allowed to accept tips. If they could have accepted them I would have spent a lot more than I did.

We took the opportunity to have the romantic meal on the beach WOW!!!!!!! You get taken to the beach by your private waitress to the most romantic setting you could imagine. The food was first class and yet again the service outstanding, nothing was too much trouble.

The Thai restaurant was amazing in fact all the restaurants were amazing, not much more I can say.

In summary, the facitilities were first class, food was excellent and the staff were amazing.

One last thing. We took the flight back from Negril to Mobay and what a perfect way to finish off the best holiday either of us have ever had and without any doubts, we will be back again and again and again. Well done Couples you're first class!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clarke188

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,412)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Just returned from a week long stay. We had a GREAT time! Where to begin?

The shuttle from MoBay was the only rough spot of the week. Took about 2 1/2 hours to arrive, and about 1 hour to just get out of MoBay due to a political rally.

After we arrived, we were greeted with a cold towel and champagne and were immediately checked in to a second floor Atrium Suite. The room was comfortable and the balcony was great.The only negative was that we were behind the Palms and could hear the blowers operating behind the restaurant....not that big of a deal, though. Couldn't find any ants, or any mold (as some reviews have claimed).

I thought the food was very good. I liked the smaller portions versus the North American style of heaping too much on to your plate. The banana stuffed french toast at Patois was fabulous. The Red Snapper sandwich at the Cabana Grill was great. Also liked the fish tacos and sweet potato chips as Sea Grapes.

The beach is probably the best beach I've ever seen.....Clear blue water and white sand that was as soft as powdered sugar. Me and my wife walked the entire Long Bay beach and didn't see any resorts that looked as nice as CSA from the water's edge.

Catamaran and snorkling were both alot of fun.

We thought the service was fine. A little slow at times, but who really cares? You're in Jamaica!! Order another cocktail and enjoy yourself!!

I would definitely recommend CSA to everyone I know....

15 Thank MuckandGrind
louisville ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Truly a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did everything we could to get an early check-in prior to leaving the states and when arriving in Mobay, by early I mean one hour – not too much to ask when you have so many rooms and we were part of a wedding party and the bride is a big repeater at Couples. We were the last to arrive on the actual wedding day , we are 2 couples who arrived at 2:30 for a wedding at 4pm. Not only did check in take almost 45 mins but they only had one room available for 2 couples – we all rushed to shower and get ready in the one room – a cluster to say the least. There was no hospitality room offered for the other couple – no choice but to shower in one room. Then of course we were on-time to the wedding – they asked us to be there at 3:45 and the wedding didn’t start until almost 4:30 – they looked very unorganized and not happy – that is the staff of CSA. We were told our room would be ready after the wedding…..we went to our room which was 3302 I believe which is a garden verandah on the 3rd floor which was not a great room in any means – it’s on the 3rd floor and the balcony is almost all closed in. I know I might be skipping around some but keep in mind 4 people after traveling from Mobay got ready in less than 30 mins in one room, went to a wedding on the beach in the hot Jamaican sun, not a good time to get married if you ask me. So we went back to our room at 3302 after the wedding to grab a few things and go see if our other room was ready BUT our key would not work – yet again CSA messed up but it gets really bad from here. Two of us went to the front to get a new key they were told they couldn’t have a knew key since we were just given keys less than a couple of hours ago – then while the two were arguing with the front to get a key the bellhop brought another couple to our room – they were given our room to check into!! The reason our keys didn’t work is b/c they keyed them for the new couple who was also checking into a room that 4 of us were already checked into. The bellhop was so confused and asked to use our phone to call the office – the other couple looked pissed - as they should since they just arrived and CSA already messed up big time – how can they not know they just checked us into that room 2 hrs ago??!! Once the bellhop took the other couple (that would have been 6 people, 3 couples into the same room) back to check in and our other two arrived back we both exchanged our awful stories. Don’t think things can go downhill anymore – just wait!! We go back to check in for the second time – we wait 30 mins and they still don’t have a room ready but tell us they will come find us at the wedding. We go back to the wedding after all that to find out we missed group photos and the bride was asking for us!! We are waiting for the reception to start – there is a 2.5 hr time difference from the wedding to reception. While trying to keep with the group and find a bar to serve drinks – most were closed – need food as well – nowhere to get an app – someone in the wedding said our room was ready. The four of us went back to the front desk for round 3!! If you want to keep going I think we have 6 rounds at the front desk ranging in 30 mins to almost an 1.5 hr in less than our 42 hour stay = I think it was almost 5 hrs spent at the front desk – this does not include the time to get to the front desk which would be at least another 1.5 hr!! , so out of 42 hr stay and 6 plus hours trying to figure out rooms this place needs a new leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after getting to the front desk for round 3 to get our second room which we requested near our first room since all the bags were there they gave us a room on the other side of the resort yet on the map they circled it beside our original room 3302. We walked back that way to discover the new room wasn’t anywhere near the old room. Mind you they didn’t offer a bellhop to help move bags nor did a manager apologize for all the confusion. We made a group decision that the reception already started that we would have to find the new room after the reception. After the reception we decided to wonder around and look for the new room 1112. Finally after finding it we use the key they gave us and entered someone else’s room – someone was living in 1112!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! same thing they did to us at 3302 but we just happen to be there when the bellhop dropped off the other couple. We could have stole everything from the couple staying in room 1112 since they were out!! Thank goodness we are good people!! Round 4 – this is about 10:30-11pm when we went back to the front desk – they acted confused – unconcerned – no manager to speak to – after 30 mins yet again spent at the front desk I said we are not missing another minute of the after party and we were leaving – we would all sleep in the same room since NO ONE can figure out what is going on and there is not a manager to speak to – they couldn’t care less and had the attitude of oh well – see ya tom!! The night was rough to say the least – thank goodness we are all old college buddies!! The next morning I thought a manager would be at my door ready to help but nope I had to go back to the front desk and ask for a manager which took almost 15-20mins for a manager to appear and then I had to tell and re-tell the story for over an hour – they were trying to tell me I was in the wrong room – I was supposed to be in room 1106 but I had the keys to show them my name with the keys for 1112 – it was all too confusing for me and 3 managers – I spent almost 1.5hrs in the front desk yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only were the rooms not secure for us but it also happened to 2 other couples in the wedding with entering someone else room or someone entering theirs – this property is NOT SAFE – lock up all belongings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally after the first 15 hrs of ________________ the managers finally put their heads together – thank goodness for Ms. White and they found us 2 new rooms near each other. The second day went so much more smoothly compared to the first 5 rounds to the front desk. Mind you I also had to see the operations manager Donna before checking out – another 30 mins and I said I would take nothing less than the first night refunded for both couples and I would NOT stop until I got it – she said she didn’t think that would happened and I said YES it’s the only right thing to do – the breach of security twice was enough to refund our money – much less everything else from missing the wedding at different times – the 5 rounds, this being the 6th round with donna spent at the front desk. Not once did anyone step up in those first 4 rounds and help figure out what was happening or to help us. The front desk constantly is answering the phones –trying to multi-task which I think is where half the mistakes start to happen – they are not focused on welcoming you and helping guide you – they are under staffed and too busy doing other stuff.

On the the rest of CSA – we were there 2 nights (thank goodness we were not there longer!!) the wedding food was marginal but the rest of the meals were nothing special. It doesn’t speak to well either that it was “lobster night” at CSA but no lobster at the wedding, what a joke, There is not much “Jamaican” flavor at CSA and it’s hard to get many people to help – think the lack of getting to tip makes all the difference in the world – why can’t we give a dollar – the dumbest rule ever!!

Beach is wonderful but we struggled to even find a empty chairs for four people, seven mile beach is long with plenty of other places to stay!!

I guess this place would fit people – I think if we were staying more than 2 days they might have gotten up off their bottoms and cared – so don’t stay for only a couple days. If you want American food in Jamaica then this is the place to be. If you don’t want to tip then this is the place to be. This is not old world Jamaica like historic hotels – this is an establishment that is meant to be a huge turn and burn – no service needed – buffets to stuff your faces – people that don’t tip – you can just lay around and stuff your faces!! I know this seems angry but we love Jamaica and can’t understand why ANYONE would travel all the way to Jamaica to stay behind the gates – eat American food and get no service!! I will never be back to a couples resort – even if a friend is getting married – I love all Jamaican things and staying at CSA is no better than staying somewhere in FL!!
Small details missed – we didn’t get our welcome bag the bride took so much time and money to put together – there are not well marked paths and the front desk will be annoyed if you ask extra questions. Feathers was closed the night we wanted to go, Sunday even though they said it was open. – the thai place is very small – not many tables. The beach bar staff was beyond bored to being serving drinks – no tips =s unhappy Jamaicans – I agree!! We rented our own catamaran cruise which the bride said was sooooooooooooooo much better than the couples catamaran cruise and she drinks the couples juice all the time, ha!! Can’t find any beach chairs – there is nothing private about couples – all couples are on top of each other. There is something always closed there – can’t get a drink here – closed – can’t get food here – closed – can’t get much!! The cabana bar which is open a long long time is just grease food to eat junk at – nothing more.

The good – the garden verandahs behind the palms which they said can get loud and hear the street traffic is soooooo much better than the 3302 – 1106 and 1206 our new rooms had open nice balconies which made a huge difference.

Guess I just like traveling to Jamaica a different way – I want Jamaican food – I want to tip Jamaicans – Im not trying to go on vacation to get the cheapest price with the most buffets to fight for chairs, no customer service and not to mention the chasing down a room!! We all want different vacations and this is not for ME!! The real Jamaica is just around the corner – RUN from couples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: dont pick CSA
28 Thank CCCfortootie
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

Just got back from 8 nights in swept away in a beachfront veranda room.We had requested a first floor room but when we arrived only a 3rd floor was available. They were very accommodating and changed us the next day The other minor problem was the air conditioner in the new room was not working properly and again the fixed that in 3 hrs. Other than that we found the property lushly landscaped a beautiful beach, good food in 5 restaurants and top quality drinks.We are senior citizens and have traveled extensively. As far as all inclusives are concerned I would not hesitate to return

15 Thank teddyc47
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

We went to Couples Swept Away in Negril for our honeymoon and had the most amazing experience. The resort was so peaceful, even though there were many couples around, we had plenty of opportunity to feel alone in paradise. The food was absolutely AMAZING and I have never had better service on the beach. There are so many fun activities included, snorkeling, wind surfing, sailing, wakeboarding, volleyball, free massage class, the list goes on and on. I recommend visiting the Spa and having a couples massage, and most importantly, we recommend the sunsets. They are breathtaking!

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room with a deck in the garden would choose that one again!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
16 Thank MelfromCincy
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

CSA is AMAZING!!!! I do not have any complaints, everything was absolutely perfect. The service is superb and the people are just so friendly. You truly get what you pay for here.... I have no regrets from our experience. The only bad part was leaving!!!!! Already have our next trip booked and I cannot wait to be back at the most amazing place in the world!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EmilyMeyer
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

We read all the reviews and prepared for all the bad things we read. We had no problems. No sand fleas no roaches nothing that we read about. The food was unbelievable good and the staff was really great. They took care of our every need and were so friendly. Would we go back again? Absolutely, as we are planning our next trip already. We met lots of people from all over and this was their favorite place to visit also. Don't miss it!

If you want to renew your vows this is a beautiful place to do that. My sister and her husband renewed theirs on their 30th and it was really great!

Russells
Amarillo, Texas

Room Tip: We had the beach front veranda room and it was awesome for the view of the beach and ocean. We open...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Russell96
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Sans Souci
#4 of 36 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,748 reviews

Been to Couples Swept Away? Share your experiences!