Flew out from the UK with Virgin, upgraded flights well worth the extra cost it was brill, plenty of leg room and very comfortable.
Arrived Mobay on time and because we had upgraded the flight we were straight through customs. Our private transfer was waiting outside (which we had booked before we went), took our cases and handed us drinks for the journey, couldn't ask for a better start!!!!
Check in at reception was excellent, very helpful and a good introduction to what we soon found out to be a fantastic hotel.
Room was very very clean, spacious with a partial view of the beach with a huge balcony.
Sorry to the miserable people who leave bad reports about this hotel but we could not fault it in any way, it was superb.
The food was beautiful, so much choice and always served with a huge smile.
One thing that amazed us both was the option to have a bucks fizz at breakfast, seriously they made us feel so special the entire time we were there.
Very comfy beds on the beach which convert to a floating bed for the sea. The beach was perfectly clean and well maintained, the sea was so calm and stunning.
The beach bar opened at 10, time for a drink to cool down. Ten minutes later a smiling waitress brings you a fruit kebab, mmm. Ten minutes later, starting to get a bit hot again and out of the blue here she comes again, this time with ice towels to cool you down (Shana-Kaye, you're a star). Now I have been to a lot of places all over the caribbean and further but I have never experienced anything like this.
To make the staff even better, they do not expect or are allowed to accept tips. If they could have accepted them I would have spent a lot more than I did.
We took the opportunity to have the romantic meal on the beach WOW!!!!!!! You get taken to the beach by your private waitress to the most romantic setting you could imagine. The food was first class and yet again the service outstanding, nothing was too much trouble.
The Thai restaurant was amazing in fact all the restaurants were amazing, not much more I can say.
In summary, the facitilities were first class, food was excellent and the staff were amazing.
One last thing. We took the flight back from Negril to Mobay and what a perfect way to finish off the best holiday either of us have ever had and without any doubts, we will be back again and again and again. Well done Couples you're first class!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril