“Loved the Tree House in Negril”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed December 31, 2008

I had the pleasure of staying at Tree House on my most recent visit to Negril, November 27 - December 4, 2008. While I have visited Negril several times, it was the first time I stayed at this property; however, it most certainly will not be the last.. The room accomodations were great. I've always wanted a murphy bed and I finally got that wish, thanks to Tree House. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The cook and bartenders were great, too. I'm counting money and vacation days to see just how soon I can return.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank SusanQuick
Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed August 23, 2008

Negril is one of our favorite places on earth. I wouldn't suggest staying at an all inclusive. Just stay at the Tree House and venture 7 mile as much as you can. The rooms are pretty good and the pool is average but it's the overall feel you get. The staff is so friendly and the location can't be beat. The small bar is the ONLY place to watch the sunset in Negril. It actually feels like the sun is staring right at you.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tatown
Reviewed August 17, 2008

the reasons you are seeing some decline in services, is that they are letting good employees go! We have been going to treehouse for the past 4 years. Sometimes twice a year. We have always returned mainly because of the terrific staff(Cynthia, Patrick, Stacey, Bradley, Monica, & others) . However we were dismayed to learn that one of the most attentive, caring and nicest staff member was recently let go. Alfred worked at the Water Sports shack. Not only did he take us on the most informative snorkeling trips (he caringly and cautiously got our scared son to snorkel!), he also watched out for our children on the property. This past November, we brought our close friends with us as we were sure they would love it as we did. Sure enough the staff was so attentive. Unfortunately, our friends' 3 kids couldn't swim as well as our own son. Alfred quickly realized this and would not leave the children's sides when they were in the pool. We could not be more grateful to him. He often brought them life jackets to swim in. He was so attentive to the needs to all of the children that he even saved one from practically drowning in the Treehouse pool. Now that he is no longer employed there, I do not know If I will book there again. We are looking to book for this November, but sadly I may have to find someplace else. Maybe I can find out where Alfred is working now and stay there. That's where I will feel safe.

• Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank treehousegal
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I wasn't expecting much considering the fairly low price but Negril Tree House was wonderful. Beautiful exteriors, remote controlled A/C, clean interiors, adequate TV, comfortable beds, and very friendly staff - What's there not to like?

Negatives:
When I was there the beach was eroding a bit, but I wasn't there to play in the sand. The food prices at the hotel restaurant were a bit on the steep side, but so is everywhere else on the strip.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skamui
Reviewed July 28, 2008

The Negril Tree House, situated on the beach, was absolutely a wonderful place to stay. Ms. Jackson and the staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs. The rooms were clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The grounds and property are beautiful and well maintained.

Don't forget to check out Gail's Gift shop, located on the property. The shop has everything from souvenirs to swimwear. There's even an area set up for a manicure if needed. Ladies, that caught my attention because I was in dire need of a retouch.

As I stated, the Negril Tree House was a wonderful place to stay and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LifeIsGood111
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I stayed there on spring break in march of 2008. I am in my mid-20s. First, about Negril in general. it was fabulous. the water and beach are gorgeous, like from a postcard. the locals are friendly, though some might find them harrassing and annoying. i certainly didnt. there's all kinds of stuff to buy on the beach at decent prices.
the tree house- it is impecabbly maintained. there are groundskeepers and maids which keep the rooms and property looking sharp. i had a single room with a queen bed. the room was decent sized, nice shower with hot water and some decent pressure. outside of every room is a hammock with a table and chairs, which is a nice touch. the rooms are removed from the beach but it is just a minute walk to the water, very close. the structure of the lodgings look kind of like a tree house and are nice.
the breakfast every morning was good. too bad they dont have a buffet for dinner as well, but i guess they figure people want to go out for dinner.
it's right by margaritaville, but for the most part it's away from the center of the activity on the beach. this might be good for people looking for quiet. also, everything on the beach isnt that far a walk anyway.
it looked like this place was big for couples and adults. there were some younger spring breakers there, but it seemed to skew older.
the free internet in the lobby was great, and worked well. not all the hotels have access. the staff was very polite and friendly and when stuff didnt work in the room, like a light, they fixed it quickly. even brought coffee to my room one day when i really needed it. i would definitely stay there again but think it's best for families and couples.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Spencer S
Reviewed May 8, 2008

If you’re looking to chill on the “beach” without all of the touristy attractions that you don’t have to travel to enjoy (i.e. nightclubs, movie theaters, etc.) book your stay in Negril at the Negril Treehouse! This hotel is more individual or “couple” friendly. I didn’t see many activities on the grounds for children other than the pool and volleyball net. The Treehouse sits smack dab in the middle of many other things to do so the kids won’t ever get bored.

How do I start giving praises to the Negril Treehouse? Let’s start with our driver, Clive, whose quiet demeanor made me feel at home when he picked us up from the airport. Upon my arrival at the hotel I had the pleasure of meeting the hotel’s owner, Mr. Jackson, which was a VERY nice touch. After that, a little cutie named Shane escort my bags to my room. Shane, I’ll sing for you anytime darling. I had the pleasure of staying in Room #3 which sits in the garden steps away from the beach. The only problem I had with the room was the tiny space where the drapes don’t provide any coverage. If someone were standing on the 2nd floor, they could see right into a portion of my room. Can we get some sort of material to cover that spot before I return next year? And yes, quoting Schwarzenegger, “I’LL BE BAK!” As one reviewer stated, I did notice that there was a shortage of beach towels. However, I came prepared for the beach with two beach towels. . . I’d suggest any readers do the same to combat this problem. Eric in the restaurant/bar was very attentive! I didn’t have to lift a finger during his shift. Bartender Patrick was very accommodating also. Monica's hands . . . man I felt like a noodle when my hour massage was up! She is GREAT!

The breakfast buffet included in the price of the room was good. Don’t wait until 10:30 a.m. to go to breakfast, though . . . once it’s over, it’s over. I had never had Calaloo but found it to be quite tasty. Armed with tons of U.S. $20 bills, I’d suggest that you travel with plenty of U.S. $1 bills for tipping. Every time I needed to tip, I had to find change. If you’re hungry during the day, walk a couple steps to the pasty stand for beef/veggie/chicken curry pasties or enjoy grilled chicken, etc. cooked in the hotel’s bar area. The gift shop on the premises is a little pricey compared to bargaining at the “markets.” I can’t swim, but enjoyed the warm waters and walking in the water next to the sting ray who lives in the area.

Well, I guess with the good, there comes the bad. I don't have many bad things to write about the Treehouse. There could be a better use of space . . . perhaps mount the televisions on the wall to give travelers more desk/counter space. Also, there was not ONE electrical outlet in the bathroom for me to plug my flat irons or hair dryer into. Wassup wit dat?

Prior to my stay at the Treehouse, after traveling trials and errors, I found that I can only tolerate hotel living for 4 to 5 days and booked my stay at the Treehouse for that length of time. I was quite upset when it was time to go as I could’ve used a couple more days in paradise. Next year, I will book at least 7 days. Until then . . . I Love the Treehouse, Rose :-)

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo