“Great Value and location”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Negril
San Francisco, California
“Great Value and location”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This Resort is located right on the Negril Beach which is where you want to be. Most of the staff is very friendly and helpful. You are in walking distance to Margarittiville and from there can take a boat ride to Ricks Cafe on the Cliffs. Security is good and it's is not loud so you can sleep at night, this is a common problem in many of the other resorts. No Problem be Happy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank J0hn_fr0m_Calif0rnia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Finnish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I spent 6 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff is extremely friendly, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the food was great. The location is right in the middle of 7 mile beach and close to everything. We can't wait to get back to Negril and will definitely stay at the Treehouse again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank jfoline7
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Everything about this place changed my initial thoughts upon arriving to Jamaica. When I arrived in Jamaica I was relieved to be out of the cold. Excited to be with my sister friend and her family. Mobay had sentimental value and personal connection for me. But Negril and the Tree house gave me the vacation and tranquility I was seeking. There is nothing negative to say about the Tree house. Location, food, accommodation, the beach. Simple and exquisite. Planning my next trip already.

Room Tip: Beachfront suite rooms a must for singles or couples. It sets the tone. But if not available ok
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank QueenBPennsylvania
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I am a frequent traveler to Negril, but this was my first trip with my mom and sister and my first stay at the Tree House. When planning this trip (for my sister's 40th), I wanted something different from where I ususally stay and then Tree House offered a great Groupon deal. Sold! I worked with Cynthia very closely in planning and she was super helpful, always responsive and a pleasure to deal with.

When we arrived, check in was a breeze and Jermaine gathered all of our bags - and with three women, you know there were a lot of them - and led us to our room. We had booked a Garden View suite and I have to admit that at first I was a little disappointed. Our garden view from our balcony was of the solar water heaters and we were in the back part of the property. My disappointment lasted about 5 minutes - we LOVED our room and spent a lot of time on the HUGE balcony, swinging in the hammock swings, talking and enjoying the rum. The only issue I can see with the layout is that the balcony is not private, but runs the length of the building. Each suite has its own set of chairs, swings and a couch, but there is no wall or other barrier between them. We were fortunate that the people next to us seemed to prefer watching tv and were never on their balcony, but I could see where that might me an issue for some.

The rest of the room was perfect for our needs - fridge, microwave and we asked housekeeping for some utensils and a blender. No problem! The suite had one big bedroom, two bathrooms and then the living area which had two Murphy beds. Again - absolutely perfect for us - mom had the bedroom and sis and I used the Murphy beds (which were a little hard, but not unbearable). We never felt crowded and having the two bathrooms was a godsend!

The beach was beautiful and spotless - we never felt crowded there either and didn't have to "reserve" chairs at the crack of dawn. The included buffet breakfast was a nice start to the day and had good variety. Eggs to order, waffles, something traditionally Jamaican every day, fruit, porridge (the cornmeal was our fave!) toast, coffee and juice. We LOVED the jerk made by Allen - truly delicious and he has such a fun personality. We also took advantage of the free paddle board clinic and I think I found a new sport! It was so much fun being out on the water like that. Tree House really has all the conveniences right there - money exchange at a good rate, watersports, tour desk, jerk shack, bar, restaurant, amazing beach, great staff - and an owner, Gail, that is totally hands on and engaged. She was celebrating her birthday when we were there and the Manager's Reception was a lot of fun. Rum punch, limeade, popcorn, small munchies, a live band and birthday cake.

I really have nothing but good things to say about our stay at Tree House - and in fact, have been talking to my husband about staying there again, this time on our annual December trip. The location is great - within a 5-10 minute walk to my favorite bar in the world (Sun Beach) - the staff is wonderful, the grounds and rooms well kept. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank llleff
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I would like to thank all the staff at this resort for a great experience. During our stay my wife Donna fell down the stairs in lobby all the staff were great from helping out from wheelchairs to crutches. Our cab driver Trever for the scenic view to hospital and all his help there.Jacky in the restaurant was the best and made our experience fun all our friends loved her.All the staff there helped in every way from someone checking on my wife and how she is doing daily, and by everyone daily from front desk to maids and movie star chef.The owner was also very friendly and did everything to make this a great trip will definitely return to stay here. I give this hotel 5 stars.The food at bar is excellent also lunch buy movie star chef.There are just so many good things to say about everyone there.I can't remember all the names but thanks to everyone for a great experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are best upper or lower the view is awesome.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RumRick
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed March 11, 2014

When I first arrived, I had a mixed opinion. That changed by the end of my visit. I had a problem with my original room (no hot water in the sink) and was switched to a much larger room. Although the original room was extremely small (Room 8), I could have lived with it but I have to confess that I was disappointed when I initially was shown the room. As someone else noted, the rooms at the back of the property are a little nosier because of the road traffic but it was not so bad. The beach was really quite nice so there were extra points for that, especially when compared to other hotels nearby. The staff was absolutely fabulous. Allen was hilarious and such a good cook at the outdoor beach barbecue location; Patrick and Elrick at the bar were always willing to chat. The women working in the cafeteria on the second floor were sooooo gracious and helpful! All of the staff at the front desk were accomodating and always happy to help. The other guests were "grown-ups" which means no wild college students nor a lot of small children (some, but not many). I did absolutely nothing while I was there except sit on the beach and read. It was a perfectly wonderful vacation! Oh, and I should mention that the other guests I met were really very nice. Overall, a good experience with staff, guests, beach, and weather!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the back if street traffic (sounds of cars going by) will keep you awake.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank 00HappyTraveler
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I wanted to go somewhere we've never been so we decided to go to Jamaica. Being clueless where to stay and what's in there, I did my research and found Negril Tree House. We are so glad to stay at this place. A lot of local people knows it and they said it's one of the oldest hotels and one of the best in Negril. It is situated on the 7 mile beach and they have everything I could wish. Daily breakfast (which also serves their traditional Jamaican food), good and friendly service, great food, nice and clean ambiance and I feel very safe. No one steals your stuff when you forgot it. Negril is about an hour and a half drive from Montego Bay Airport. Water is safe to drink at the restaurants so no need to buy bottled water. I wouldn't suggest drinking from the faucet in your room though. Wi-fi is also available at the hotel's lobby so anytime we need to connect to our son back home, there is no problem reaching him. Ice is always available. The hotel offers tours and taxi too just in case you'll want to do or go somewhere. But we took local taxis outside the hotel. We also arranged a double massage by the beach. Never felt so relaxed. Beach towels are provided and the hotel provides money exchange too in case you'll need Jamaican dollars. Only cons I noticed is our room has mosquitos. Perhaps it's from the flowers they used in our room or it goes for every hotel in Jamaica. We decided to transfer the flowers in our patio on the third day and me being bitten by mosquitos. I am the only person those mosquitos love to bite. My husband didn't get any at all. It must be my blood or I don't know. Also, they don't have conditioner in our room but we have toothpaste instead.

Overall experience was great. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple