“Great Place To Stay!”

Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Place To Stay!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Tree House is a great place to stay at. My wife & I have been staying here now for the past 4 years in a row, which 2 years ago we got married at the Tree House right on the beach, we would never stay anywhere else. The staff are very friendly & helpful, from the moment you first enter the lobby to the moment you leave the lobby to go back home. Kay, our cleaning lady does such an outstanding job with keeping our room cleaned. Moses, the security person at the beach is always making sure that the beach is well taking care of & that you have everything you need. Gail, the owner is such a wonderful person to deal with & is always interacting with the guests. Great job Gail with providing such a "Grand Stand" of a resort!

I highly recommend the Tree House!

A big thank you to Gail & all of her staff for such a great, fun, & memorable experience!!

Can't wait to see you guys next year..

2 Thank budpan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband, my 11 year old son and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Treehouse and it was perfect for us. Upon our arrival my son went out to the beach, took a peak, came back to the lobby and excliamed " this is too good to be true". From the start of our visit to to check out we felt welcomed and relaxed. The beach was beuatiful, the food was good, and eveyone was friendly and accomodating. The two best days of out stay inluded snorkeling trips to the reef on the glass bottom boat arranged through the hotel with Barley and Jimiley. It was great fun for all of us and both Barley and Jimiley made it extra fun for my son by helping him to find shells he could bring back. We basically stayed on the beach all week. We ate breakfeast, went paddle boarding, sailing and snorkeling and we did not want to leave. Jerk pork and Barbeque Chiken with rice and peas was available every day on the grill. Saturday evening the hotel hosted a guest appreciation cocktail hour which included a band, drinks, appetizers and even a birthday cake for the January Birthdays. This was extra special for us because we were there to celebrate my husbands 5th birthday since his cancer diagnosis. Sunday evening there was a bon fire on the beach at the hotel. The sunsets were beautuiful. We stayed in Suite J toward the back of resort. The suite had two bathrooms a king bed and two twin murphy beds in the main room. The room was unpretentiontious, comfortable and clean. The best part was the large patio area with a table and chairs, hammock, and swings. There were no other children there at the time but our son was happy and he was welcomed by everyone. We had a wonderful time and left feeling like we had made friends-Stacey, Jackie, Jimiley, Barley, Cher, Alan, Kevin, Richard, Trevor and the owner Gail, just to name a few. We are already planning our trip to go again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

5 Thank LSMcL
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 4, 2014

So everything was perfect. The room was clean and they gave us fresh sheets and blankets every night, we did not have a beach front room but we loved the privacy that it afforded us. I am actively looking for the Living Social deal I purchased to get the 5 night stay and I plan to add the extra days cause it almost physically hurt to leave. There is security on the beach to keep the vendors away so you can lay out and relax. Absolutely the best money we ever spend for a birthday trip.

1 Thank Kesha2238
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights and we were very happy with the experience! The staff at the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. The location is amazing, I don't think it can be beat! We were right on the beach and within walking distance to restaurants and bars on the beach. The hotel has an excellent part of the beach with sun chairs and we lounged out there several days and were not disturbed. Now, there are people on the beach who sell stuff, but they didn't bother us. The room was very nice, large comfy bed, hammock on the porch, very quiet and peaceful, hot water, and cable tv. The hotel included a breakfast buffet each morning at no additional cost, consisting of fresh fruit, an omelet station, and some jamaican cuisine. Very friendly staff assisting us with breakfast, coffee was delicious and the view from the upper restaurant was amazing!! We will definitely stay here again in the future, can not think of anything that wasn't up to par. They have taxis right outside the property for getting around town, but we walked a lot on the main road and sampled several Jerk Chicken vendors, which I highly recommend!! Check out Blue Dandy Jerk Chicken for sure!! They also have tour guides in the hotel lobby and we were able to set up a tour to Mayfield Falls which was fantastic. Hotel clerk also helped us contact a scuba diving company and they came to pick us up. Great service!! Thanks so much Negril Tree House!!

Room Tip: Room 49 I think, a few feet away from the beach, but very quiet and very nice!

2 Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 31, 2014

A girlfriend and I spent the week before Christmas at the Tree House, and came back thoroughly relaxed. I had purchased a 5-night stay with round trip ground transfers from MoBay through Living Social, and I think that may have been one of the best deals of my life. The resort doesn't have a formal reservation system, which gave me pause at first, but it turned out that I didn't need to worry - it took just a couple of emails to reserve the room and set up the transfers. We were given a double twin bed room on the second floor of one of the buildings at the very back of the resort with a decent view on the one side of the gardens, and a not-quite-as-nice view of the outbuildings on the other side (which didn't matter too much, since the windows were closed most of the time we were in the room). Since we were close to the road, there was some residual noise coming from a club down the street one night, but it didn't last long enough to be really bothersome. The room was kept very clean throughout our stay, the mattresses were on the firm side, and the bathroom was almost as big as the main room itself. The only drawback was that the walls are pretty thin, so if the college students in the room next to you decide to throw a party, you're going to be included whether you wish to be or not. The complimentary breakfast buffet was more than adequate, with the omelets my favorite part. The resort keeps its beach areas very neat, and we weren't too bothered by the beach vendors and always felt secure. The resident "fruit lady" was a nice bonus, I managed to eat a pineapple a day all by myself (btw, she'd prefer to be paid in American dollars). We took a basic sightseeing/shopping trip and a glass bottom boat/snorkeling trip through the resort, and thought both were reasonably priced. It was only the two of us on the boat, but they took us out anyway, which was appreciated. Only ate on site twice; the restaurant/bar meal was okay, the jerk chicken dinner was pretty good. If/when I return to Negril, I'm pretty sure the Tree House will be home base again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We just spent eight days in Negril at the Negril Treehouse Resort and what can I say...it was fabulous.
The Treehouse is a laid back, small, quiet resort that is nestled right on the beach in Negril. We literally lived on that beach for eight days. The sunset was spectacular. The beach has so much character with the vendors walking up and down selling their items. We bought orange juice and banana bread everyday. The most beautiful time to walk up the beach is at about 8:00 am. The water is tranquil and calm and the beach feels like silk on your feet. You hear about people feeling bombarded by the sellers on the beach but let me tell you this....your favorite words need to be "no thank you"...if you hesitate or say maybe...you're done. Just say no thank you. Not a single person ever showed us any negativity. The end result was always.."no problem man - "peace and respect". It was that easy. And I enjoyed them..the guitar playing, the interesting people. It is all part of the charm. I just can't say enough about how much I loved it.
The Treehouse itself is very quaint. It is one of the resorts that has been around for over thirty years. Check in was simple. We were taken to our room which was very cute and located in the 20's which is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the beach. The only thing I would say that is slightly negative about the Treehouse is that the walls are very thin. You can hear alot of noise from the other rooms. The lady beside us must have been deaf because she had her TV on very loud and we had to knock at her door around 11:30 to turn it off.
The resort is primarily middle aged couples who are quiet and friendly. There were a couple of families and some young people who clearly seemed to be enjoying themselves.
The bartenders were ok...we don't drink so we didn't really build a relationship with them but we could see that they certainly were connected to some of the guests. Chef Alan was hilarious and friendly and he cooked jerk chicken every day while singing and talking to all the "movie stars in the house". He was such a great character. The servers were always friendly and efficient. We had one girl bring coffee to our outside deck every morning at 7:00am. We tipped her $2.00 every day. It was such a nice way to wake up. Our room was always perfectly cleaned every day too.
The breakfast was good. Everything you could want or need to start your day.
I got to meet Gail on the last day. She was a lovely as everyone said.
I personally loved the Negril Treehouse. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a great, casual getaway. I have been to Mexico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic and the Negril beach is by far the most amazing beach I have ever been to. It is so very worth it.
I will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. After looking around I would say Room 27 is great. It is on the second flo...
2 Thank Shauna130
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The room was very clean and the staff is friendly . They have a great beach which is public so alot of locals wanting to sell you stuff but a quick no and they move on . Not much night entertainment but there is a margaretaville bar besides it . I would go back and stay there again . Negril is the best place to visit in Jamaica

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family