“Like I never left the safety and security of my Home except for the blue skies and crystal clear water and the sandy beach and t”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The resort is located in the middle of the 7 mile beach. it allows you to walk in any direction and take in the sights and come back and enjoy dinner drink right on the beach. Ms Gail treats you just like family seeing her pick up a broom and sweep let me know the rest of her staff takes just as pride in serving the guest as she... Ms. Gail insisted my wife and I join her at a Chamber of Commerce function with all of the resort owners for drinks hor d'oeuvres. that night we hung like wet clothes.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Negril Tree House Resort

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I didnt actually stay at Treehouse, but my co-workers did and they had a wonderful time! The entire office chipped in and paid for their drinks and food while staying there. Gail and the staff pulled this off perfectly- surprising them at checkout with a couple jokes and a card that the office made for them. Gail even sent me a picture of them at checkin which was nice to see they made it safely. Its funny- I asked one of my coworkers if they are going back to Negril and she said yes... "but Im only staying at Treehouse!" So that says alot.

Thanks Gail for being such a good sport!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked this place based on the reviews here, and was not disappointed. I travel a lot (more frequently than I post reviews), so I was worried it would not live up to expectations, but the Tree House exceeded expectations!

A few things make the Tree House so special ; the location is fantastic. A beautiful sandy stretch of beach with shallow water and no rocks at all (great from my young children!), wonderful gardens and fantastic staff. This is the only place I saw in Negril with a restaurant / bar ON the beach. Most places only have it by the beach. The tropical gardens are beautifully maintained. Ian is one of the main gardeners and took plenty of time explaining the Breadfruit trees and Aloe Vera plants to us. We saw bananas out of our window. The staff was always smiling and would do anything for us.

Unless it has been updated very recently, the website does not do justice to this place. It is much prettier than the website (unfortunately I normally find it to be the reverse!). My young children, wife and I stayed in a 'one-bedroom suite', but that description is false. It was actually a two bedroom suite, with two bathrooms, two entrance doors (helpful when the children were sleeping), a kitchenette and a huge secluded patio. One bedroom was a living-room by day, and then we used the two pull-down beds at night.

I really recommend this place. Great for children and very well run. The hawkers on the beach can be annoying, but the Treehouse runs very good discreet security and Moises will rush over if anyone starts harrassing you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank akf100
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is my 3rd time at The Tree House Negril, and my fiance has been there more than 20 times. It's interesting when you go there, so many people are repeat visitors. The reason is that there is hands down no better place to stay on 7 mile beach. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and we always get an ocean view, which means the beach is literally steps from your door. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and Gail acts as if every guest was her best friend. Each Friday she hosts a happy hour for all guests, and makes the rounds talking to everyone. We also enjoyed a very long chat with her son. As the other reviewers state, the breakfasts are super scrumptious and filling, and the oceanside bar is the best place to hang out in the afternoon, or late into the night. This was the first time I had a massage from Cher, and it was fabulous! Richard always picks us up at the airport, and is a great source of information about culture, politics, and general island gossip. The one thing I miss here is a gym, but we made up for it by taking very long walks and splashing around in the ocean. I have always liked Negril, but this time I fell in love. We made a pact to come back every year.

Room Tip: The ocean view suites are the way to go. The living room/kitchen is worth the extra money, and they...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Reading through others reviews, I have to say I agree whole heartily with all of the positive comments. Tree House is a beautiful resort on all levels. The garden rooms are lovely and you don't feel like you are missing out because you don't have an ocean view. The garden grounds are peaceful and meticulously cared for. The decor is nice and beds are super comfy and rooms exceptionally clean. The yummy breakfast is served with an amazing view of the ocean. I loved enjoying the fresh fruit and coffee there every morning. And loved the bar on the beach as I don't think you could get any closer to the water. I loved the style of the villas as well. The pictures on here represent the resort perfectly.
I enjoyed paddle boarding on the serene morning ocean with Gail the owner two mornings during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CarrieBrooklyn
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our hotel stay was awesome. The Staff were very friendly and the owner Ms. Gail is very hands on. David was very helpful and resourceful in keeping us up to date on activities. Janice was also very helpful. The singing Chef Alan provided plenty of entertainment and good food during lunch hour. The only thing we didn't satisfy was our craving for fresh, whole snapper. We will definitely be back

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Francis V
Reviewed September 12, 2013

At first look, it can seem a little "tired", older place, but once you get into the location, the staff, the food!!! I WILL go back here, only change is I would get ocean view for the entire trip, we had garden for part of ours. The gardens are lovely, but you don't get the breeze. We had one of the most relaxing trips ever. We normally run around like crazy doing things, and while we did some activities here, we just liked hanging at the beach and swimming...Hollywood makes the best jerk and the staff here are wonderful - so kind and attentive as well.

Room Tip: Ocean view!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple