“Loved the treehouse!!!”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
“Loved the treehouse!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had our wedding at the trehouse! What can we say!! This place is the best!! First I
Want to thank my wedding lady Cynthia and her team for being so fabulous!! I was in touch with Cynthia a few months before as my sister and l went exploring to negril to check out spots. From all of the choices, the treehouse is one of a kind. A wee gem!!! I loved our room. Great view from the water, clean, and the Staff was Super awesome.
Wedding day turned out perfect. Cynthia and her team did a great job with everything and we even had a bonfire on the beach afterwards. I can't talk enough good things about this place. We will Be back!! Thank you Gail and Cynthia for everything!

We also tried the rockhouse and the pineapple resort which were all so lovely too, but the treehouse was a special spot for us. I recommend everyone to check this spot out. It's not an all inclusive but it's a cool
Spot to chill
And relax with some
Great friends or your lover.
Thanks from John and I for a super time!!!! We loved it!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rokholm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I had a great time at Negril Treehouse! The location on the beach was great. Not too far from everything on the beach. The rooms are great. I had a kitchenette which was cool. I never used it since I couldn't find a grocery store nearby.

The breakfast was good. Fresh fruit & a good serving of a continental breakfast with a splash of Jamaican food. The dinners were average.

The team there was very helpful & pleasant. There was some confusion about if local phone calls are charged (even to vendors they work with). Posting that policy would have been nice. The team also wasn't pushing excursions down your throat. The excursions were a bit pricey, but NTH was actually cheaper than other places for excursions.

The beach is great. You have to swim out about 150 yards before you see interesting fish consistently. The beach is cleaned up every morning so you're able to just lay out & enjoy the experience. They have a person sit in the area to make sure the "performers" & beach salespeople don't cross the line & interrupt your good time.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Kahntra
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The reviews are on point. This place feels like your Negril home away from home. I was once a frequent traveler to Negril and was gone way to long. I saw that Negril Treehouse had a groupon deal that I could not pass up and I am glad that I did not. I was surprised by two changes since 2006...the paved road to Negril is amazing and the loss of some of the beach. The beach, although smaller has not loss any of its serenity and beauty for me.

Gail: She never sleeps. I work third shift and would send a question and she would respond during my shift. She responded to every question and concern. This was my first non-inclusive venture in Negril. I was not apprehensive but had a variety of question from internet to donating school supplies. Gail was always a wealth of info.

Check in: Simple and quick. We met Gail and she told us about a cocktail party (changed from Sat to Sun due to a wedding) that was being planned. She was very warm and engaging and the young lady behind the desk was too. I think it was Charmaine. We were told about the free internet in the public area and that we can exchange money and purchase a phone card at the desk which I appreciated to contact home.

The room: We were in the farthest back room in the farthest back building, room 55, two double beds and I LOVED IT. I liked that it seemed set apart from the other rooms and buldings on the 2nd floor. The room was huge!!! Especially the Bathroom!! We were greeted to a wonderful smell in the room and fresh flowers. A ceiling fan, phone, flat screen TV, balcony table and chairs on balcony, swing, large dresser, two night tables, and a working GREAT air conditioner! A pen, emory board, tissue, and toothpaste were found in the room also. I loved that the twin beds were comfortable and the linens included a comforter and if the air conditioner was on...it was necessary. We received a card for beach towels.

BAR and FOOD: Breakfast is GREAT here and FREE and the service was wonderful! Drink prices.....you can find cheaper on the island. Wasn't overly impressed with the restaurant. One particular time, I tried to order jerk chicken. The bartender/server stated that it was not available. So instead I ordered chicken tenders and a small pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms. (You will get the side eye for ordering mushrooms......lol) So I received tenders with barbque sauce. They were flaky like fish meat but did not have a taste. They were actually fish. I jokingly made the comment, "I guess I will not get chicken." Lo and behold, to my surprise, my pepperoni and mushroom pizza had chicken in it. If allergies were involved this would not be good....but because I was so mellow in Negril...no worries mon.

The beach: Never an issue for a chair or beach towels...it was off season. I felt very secure on the beach and I also enjoyed the accesibilty to the patty man and other vendors. I never found them intrusive but I understand the need to hustle to feed your families and I much rather appreciate the vendors than people just asking for an handout in some of our US towns...I digress. There were fish in the water, crabs in the sand, and we saw skates nearby on occasion. The water is amazing and the white sands.......*sigh* I miss it.

I met some wonderful people that I exchanged info with and would treasure in my heart and memories forever.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Exhaling
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It’s been a couple of weeks since visiting the beautiful Negril Tree House, and we had a wonderful time! We really enjoyed our vacation there – the suite we stayed in was perfect, the food was delicious and the water was heavenly! Oh yeah, we liked the Red Stripes too… 

The service was top-notch, the rooms and grounds were very clean and well taken care of, and, those awesome hanging hammock chairs were perfect for watching the famous Jamaican sunsets.

We arrived on my birthday, and when we got to our suite, we found a cake with “Happy Birthday, Sherryl” on it!! So thoughtful and sweet… Doesn't get much better than that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed on the Negril Tree House Resort with friends in October. The rooms were very clean, spacious and private. The beach was less than a minute walk from our room and the grounds of the hotel were filled with well maintained flowers and trees.

The food and drink for sale from the resort restaurant were top drawer. The daily included breakfast featured a wide array of local Jamaican food as well as safer options for those less adventurous. We booked tours, taxis and airport transport through the hotel all of which exceeded our expectations.

The hotel is a close walk down the beach from other resorts if you're looking for some night time entertainment, food or drinks. We walked to a couple of local hangouts as well as the Margaritaville to watch Monday Night Football with feet in the sand.

We will certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IgnoredUke
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I got a Living Social voucher to come here. It included a daily breakfast that was wonderful. It was different everyday, and had sufficient choices of authentic Jamaican food.

The location on seven-mile beach was excellent. The property was clean and pretty. The rooms were cute and tidy.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank She T
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am new at reviews, but I had to share that we got this trip from livingsocial, I was skeptical at first but I can tell you that it was one of the best trips I have ever been on, and loved everything about this place. The relaxing atmosphere, beach, people, food, and of course the beauty of this place. The free breakfast is a huge assortment of food, the room was ALWAYS clean, and the people were always friendly and helpful. I loved the old school R&B that they played! I had the best time in Negril, and I will be returning to the tree house next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple