“My Family Reunion”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have just returned from the most wonderful vacation I have ever had and it was again at the Negril TreeHouse.

I have written several reviews of the TreeHouse in the past, all 5 stars, this one I would give 7 stars if possible. I have always had a great experience at my Jamaican Home. This time was no exception. As I age, it seems that it becomes increasingly more difficult to get all my children, their spouses and grandchildren in one place at one time. This past Christmas I asked them all to Jamaica. They all agreed and after the passport scramble we were all off on a Jamaican adventure. The staff at the TreeHouse did a wonderful job with the very complicated reservations for me and my group of 12 people including two toddlers. We were all at home with the clean, spacious, updated accommodations. Everyone at the TreeHouse was so nice to my family, they were treated a Royalty. I can not express how appreciative I am with the level of service and care that was given. I am so very thankful......but I am certain this was not an exception but The TreeHouse Rule. They truly offer this service because they want you to come back and they want you to tell your family and friends. It shows in every jot and tittle.

My family all recognized the care taken by every department working together behind the scenes, from the cool of the air conditioning, the clean apartments, the tenderly cared for gardens, the raked sand of the beach and especially the wonderful full breakfast with made to order omelets/eggs/waffles, every taste can surely be satisfied. The service for dining was superb for every meal each of the servers were very prompt, accurate and they enjoyed their work and appreciated that we had chosen the TreeHouse. The Managers party for the guest on Saturday has grown into quite an entertaining event. Free Drinks and finger foods are served and enjoyed along with the music of the house band with the great local singers and very talented TreeHouse guest that from time to time"strut their stuff". It seems each party becomes more enjoyable and is always a great segway to meet new fellow travelers and our Jamaican hosts.

I was there for a month before my family came down. If you are considering long term visit, I am certain the TreeHouse will be accommodating. You know you have always wanted to stay longer so pick up the phone or email them jacksonj@cwjamaica.com If you stay at the TreeHouse you will not be disappointed, Mrs. Jackson, the owner, lives on site and along with Mrs. Stower, the General Manager will make certain that your stay is pleasant.

It has to be difficult to keep 12 people in one group completely happy but my entire family has awarded the TreeHouse 5 stars and also a promise to return. The TreeHouse staff has created at least 2 more generations of Jamericans. As a father and grand father, it was my heaven on earth. Just think having all the people you love in the place that you love most on the planet. My next trip will be # 34. Am I happy? Just try and remove this smile.

Rick

Room Tip: For one person or a couple room number 5 is my favorite. You will awake and pinch yourself to make...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2013

After spending 3 days at Sandals in MB, we headed for a four night stay at Treehouse. We bought a groupon for this part of the trip. What a deal for four night, breakfast each morning, and airport transportation both ways included for $279.00!!! After reading up on Negril and vendors on the beach, we were a little nervous about this venture!! Surprisingly, our room was nice, clean, air conditioned with a big bathroom. We had a rather private location a short walk to be beach. Breakfast was great. We found a liquor store on the beach (7 miles long and pretty darn safe) so we had daily wine on our little porch. I am going to rate this high due to such value. Also, the staff and people in general, could not have been more polite and friendly. A great experience!! Beautiful clear water, great walking beaches, perfect location. Not luxury, but just fine. Bring your own hair dryer, products, and pillows (theirs are lumpy!).

Room Tip: Don't expect Treehouse to be top-line, but for the cost and friendliness, nothing could compare.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My best friend and I really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a non-ocean view suite and it was humongous. 2 bathrooms, a large bedroom with king sized bed and 2 murphy beds in the 'livingroom'. We also have a mini kitchenette including a stove, fridge and microwave. The worst part: our neighbors were INSANELY loud. The best part: we complained to the front desk and they were very diligent in making sure the loud neighbors quieted down. Immediately. I couldn't have asked for better service and it is very apparent to me that all staff is very concerned about the customers enjoyment while here. I highly recommend this place. The beach is small but absolutely beautiful, and it's right on 7 mile beach, so you have miles and miles of perfect white sandy beach to walk.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view suites! But if they are all booked, you won't be disappointed with a non-o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nikki D
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was a perfect hotel. The website doesn't do justice to the rooms which have all been recently upgraded. I usually like an oceanfront room but choose a second floor garden room where i could enjoy the view of the beautiful garden setting and trees. This property is owner operated and the owner lives onsite. She is a delightful lady and we enjoyed getting to know her. It was my husband's 60th birthday and she had her staff make him a cake. The hotel is like being part of a "neighborhood"..very friendly. The staff is friendly, the restaurant food was good and the beach was right there to be enjoyed. This was my fifth time to Jamaica and I will be back.

Room Tip: The hotel only has two floors and I liked the second floor so you can enjoy the view of the gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JLC859
Reviewed April 9, 2013

this resort was so nice. from the pictures you really dont know, but honestly when you get there you will be amazed. the rooms are like little villas. each room has a hammock outside, so you can just enjoy the warm jamaican air on your patio. the rooms are nice. we booked a normal room, but i guess got upgraded to a suite? im not sure because our room had a full kitchen as well. I have no complaints about the room. if you are there for more then a couple of days you get to know the resort worker. for example, the maid that was assign to our room was so nice, and make sure to tip them during your stay or when you are leaving, they deserve it and are just so nice. the breakfast was great. you get to get breakfast while having a great view of the ocean. if I go back to Negril I'll def be staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dominicanacutiee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel. My room was up a flight of stairs so I was delighted that there was someone to carry up all of my bags (I seriously overpacked). They offer a free buffet breakfast, which was awesome the first couple of days at least but by day 3 I was looking for some diversity. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything so you don't have far to walk and when you do want to explore, there were plenty of drivers there to shuttle you around. There were a couple of drawbacks like, the bed was hard, they forgot to clean my rooms a couple of days and they ran out of wireless receivers but none of it ruined my trip. In fact, I'll be returning in Sept.

Room Tip: Street noise can be heard from rooms in the 30s and higher (in the back).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 32nLuvinIt
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I cannot think of staying anyplace else. Well l do but l never follow through because the Tree House meets all my needs. The location is ideal, the staff is wonderful, breakfast is a steal, the price is good. There is nothing pretentious about it. Very clean (not only looks clean but smells clean).
My favourite thing to do is hanging out at the bar (not necessarily drinking) and watching the sun set and the moon rise. I particular love the lushness of the vegetation. My only downside this trip was that there were not as many blooming flowers this time around. I think all the buds had been picked and placed in our room. While it was a nice touch, there were too many and l would rather have seen them on the plants than so many unopeneded buds in my room.
So many things to do and so many people to do it with. Norris for fair transportation, Captain Quality and his crew - kevin, Mark et al for Parasailing and jet skiing and sunset cruising, Alrick and Patrick for a smile at the bar, too many to name.
I love Negril and I love the Tree House.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room or one that is not in the midle of a traffic lane. That way you can open your w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends