“Great Vacation- This place is great at an affordable price.”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my first time in Negril and I loved it!!. I used a groupon deal. I got a king bed garden room in the middle of the property. The hotel is very clean, the hotel staff is very nice and I just love the owner Gail. The resort is directly on the beach. I would definitely stay at this resort again. I'm looking forward to the buy one get one free suite deal next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ladysassie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned 3/17 after 5 days at the Tree House. Celebrated my friend Millie's 50th Bday and brought my family for Spring Break. We generally stay at larger all-inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean, but the service here was outstanding! Gail and her staff have created a cozy, family-like atmosphere that's great for travelers of all ages and stages of their lives, including couples who really want to get away from it all. The suites are very reasonably priced and enormous in size--great value. Facilities are well-kept, updated, and very clean. It's a very laid back atmosphere with music playing in the bar area only, so bring your personal iPod, those good books you've been meaning to read and grab a chair. No crowds, no waiting--just a low-key time in paradise. We stayed at Couples Negril 5 years ago for half the space and triple the price, and we never felt the level of warmth that owner Gail Jackson has created here. It's the very best of Jamaican hospitality. Shout out to the Hollywood Super Star Chef and super waitress Valjean. Best jerk chicken in Jamaica and a show to boot! Perfect place for a family reunion!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Andreah65
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This trip was a last minute trip for me. I was invited by my best friend and gladly accepted. I had to do some switching at work to have the time off and boy was it well worth it. The hotel was clean and beautiful and right on the beach. There was breakfast included daily and it was delicious. We did a few excursions that was well worth the money. I would recommend this place to anyone. So if your planning a trip to Jamaica consider the Treehouse in Negril. It's family oriented and worth the price. I had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Quitacutee C
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Everyone was very accommodating and for the most part nice. I was very comfortable being on the property even though I traveled alone. I stayed in the middle of the property but I could still see the ocean from my balcony. Even the other guests were friendly. Well, it is Jamaica after all. What could anyone possibly be upset about?

Pros: Breakfast every morning. Nice views. Hardworking staff. Bar on the property right up to the water (literally). Tasty food. There are safes located in the rooms. Good drinks at the bar -very talented bartenders. Standard rooms are small but inviting. Grounds are kept clean and they have security on the premises. Each room has a ceiling fan and A/C should you get too hot.

Cons: Get breakfast early because the guests swarm it like locusts and the hotel runs out of items. Take wrinkle-free clothes because an iron is hard to come by. The fact is that you will be offered weed many times while there and it's not always from the locals. I question the cleanliness of the hot tub, it didn't like the way it smelled. I'm African American but most the guests were Caucasian. That's not the problem. However, I noticed a few of the staff members (always the same ones) that would treat the Caucasian guests nicer than the AA guests. I am very perceptive and in speaking to a few locals, they pretty much confirmed my thoughts. I don't blame the Tree House for the discrepancies because not everyone was like that and I do plan on bringing this to the owner's attention.

If staying longer than a couple of days, I would suggest getting a room with a kitchenette because it can get costly eating out everyday. There are some food deals to be had up and down the beach but you need to look for them. You can find a party almost every night of the week along the beach, just ask the locals. As a precaution that many Jamaicans expressed to me, "don't walk along the beach at night" because you can get robbed and it is doubtful that you would be able to identify your attacker in almost pitch black darkness. If you want to travel off the property, have the hotel call you a reputable cab company to assist you. Oh, just a word to the wise. Don't carry around a wad of money. Keep $30-$40 in one pocket and keep your other cash somewhere else. Work with the smaller amount when out and about because you never know who is watching you.

I had a good time and would go back. I met lots of interesting people.

Room Tip: The waves were a bit loud at night so I'm glad I had a room in the middle of the property. A ro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned from four nights at the Negril Treehouse Resort. Had a living social voucher which included transport from airport. The staff could not have been nicer or more accomodating. Our original "garden view" room was somewhat small and had older furniture and no hair dryer! We were able to upgrade to an ocean view suite which had a balcony (and hair dryer) ... we were literally no more than ten steps from the beach (which is small but comfy). They also have a small swimming pool and jacuzzi. The resort is small so you don't have to walk far for anything. Loved the people and greenery. Also loved the on-the-beach grill and master chef Alan's jerk chicken and pork ... Not a five star hotel, much more charming and cozy. I will go back.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room or suite. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper as the walls are...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yosenabe1
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was hesitant about booking a stay here, but it was awesome and I will return! For of all the location is perfect, your int he middle of everything! The rooms are not luxurious and full of amenities and a wow factor , but it is kept clean and serves it purpose ( you won't be in there long anyway). The staff is extremely helpful and nice. The water scooter rental is right outside, along with a table of souvenier's and mini mart just feet away from the front lobby. What i foudn to be really awesome, is the hotel is walking distance to Margaritaville (that place was soooo much fun)!

I think it is only fitting, to mention CHEF ALAN, who runs the jerk stand at the hotel. This is the BEST jerk you will ever eat. it is a MUST you stop by and dine st his beachside jerk chicken, or pork bar. Not only is he entertaining, but the food and scenery is unforgettable. I want to go back now, just thinking about it! The only real thing I didnt like was the hard mattress. They need better matresses. But in the big scheme of things thats not a deal breaker for me. You're so tired form all the stuff going on, you're too sleepy to care about the mattress softness after 5 minutes. and maybe only my room had a brick for a bed, I dont know.

LOL Basically, if you have any hesitation about staying here don't you'll be fine. They have security on staff. The security on the beach for the hotel was GREAT. He was very good about not allowing the peddlers to bug you too much while laying out
relaxing! Oh there's a nice outdoor bar as well. Basically the hotel is truly wonderful and the price is reasonable. As a side note as well. When in Negril, you definitely want to check out the Jungle Club. About a $10 cab ride form the hotel. The club was a two level very Americanized dance club that played good hip hop/RB music and had a mixed crowd. Big club, cheap drinks and nice crowd. If you like to party, you want to go there. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hey everybody! evryting Irie! My wife and I just returned from Negril {9th time} and our first time at the famous Negril Tree House! First of all, we'd like to say we had a great time. The weather was perfect, the sea, the beach, ice cold Red Stripes etc. Hats off to Gail Jackson and her staff! Our room was on the ground level. Very nice room. Our maid was JOY, always smiling and singing! The breakfast was very good. Made to order omelettes, pancakes, waffles, plus Jamacian specialities. Our server was DEBBIE. What a sweet, soft spoken nice person! I should also mention that alot of Gail's staff have been long-time employees. What does that say? Also, the NTH has alot of repeat guests. Hi to John & Sue from Green Bay! The beach area is smaller, but that's o.k because not everybody is going to be laying out at the same time anyway. The location of NTH is perfect, right in the middle of Negril's famous seven mile beach! The only problem is to decide which way to walk today? It's too bad of the recent storms etc. the erosion problem of the sand. Maybe that will correct itself. The grounds of the resort are beautiful. Thanks Malcolm! The pool is nice and refreshing. The lobby area is nice just to sit around after a long day of walking {and adult beverages!}. There's free wifi in the lobby. All in all, we really recommend the NTH! Yeah, I suppose the A.I.'s are convenient, but why be confined? Get out and experience everything you can about Negril. I'd like to say that we are now JAmericans. {is there a merit badge, or something?} Thanks again Gail Jackson & staff at NTH! Hopefully we can stay again next year! Respect. One Love. Rock and Roll Farmer + Wife.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple