“Great hospitality.”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This is our first trip to Jamaica and am glad we stayed here. Although our room is a little small the hospitality and fantastic service more than make up for it. The breakfast is great and the sunset is breathtaking!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Susan L

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I have coming to Negril Treehouse since my sister had her wedding in Negril in 2004. Since that first stay, we would never stay anywhere else except the Treehouse. We have come to know its owners and well as lovely staff members. This is one of the only true resorts that has been on this beach since the beginning of Negril Beach. We are always welcomed with open arms and treated like "family". The rooms are very clean, and in fact, are cleaned daily. We find it more comfortable to stay at a smaller resort like this one than to be just a number down the beach.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

one of the few resorts on 7 mile beach that has a pool right next to the beach. great breakfast, they will make you eggs how you want em and waffles. delish. happy hour party in the lobby is great. good massages also. only qualm is that they charge you 16 bucks to get to rick's cafe and if you call rick's they will pick you up for free but will charge you for the ride home.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Gail Jackson and her staff make this place relaxing and homey. It is great for anyone looking to unwind. I miss it way back when the rooms had no phone and no TV. My kids are happy to have all the amenities of home including cable TV. Sometimes you need to get out of the sun for a bit. It is a tough problem to have in February!
You cannot go wrong here! The ocean and pool are just steps away from your door. You are at the mid point of a 7 mile white sand beach. They have cold beer and rum punch all the time. The bartender is on duty as long as you are there. The biggest decision of the days is do we walk to the right or the left today?? it is the best place to unwind and recharge your batteries in the world.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Jamaica Tree House. The property is beautiful and the staff is great. My room, No. 12, was clean and beautifully situated. I highly recommend requesting it. King bed, good-sized television, AC was perfect. The owner is delightful and mingles with the guests to make sure all are happy. I can't wait to return to Jamaica Tree House as soon as possible.

They even have morning yoga, and evening dances!!! The beach is well-kept and the locals selling on the beach are nice and not aggressive at all.

Finally, the food is delicious (a little expenseive) but DO NOT miss getting a massage by the beach! Ask for the massage specialist "D." The best, the best, the best overall experience and I've been to Jamaica six times.

Congratulations JTH!

Room Tip: I would select an upper story room personally, but the garden view rooms seem larger.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We purchased a LivingSocial deal which included a standard garden view room. When we pulled up to the resort we were kind of skeptical. But once you pull in, it's nice and open and you can walk right onto the beach. After we checked into our standard room we were NOT impressed. The room was tiny. There was barely any walking room in between the full size bed and armoire. There was no hot water in the sink or shower, no microwave, fridge, iron, blow dryer. I could tell my husband was in a "what the hell did you buy" mood and so was I. We stayed that one night and asked to upgrade to another room. Fortunately there was availability and we chose Suite H. It was amazing! We paid $160 per night but we were thrilled with it. The Suite had an over-sized patio with a couch, a chair, a table with 4 chairs, and two single seat swings. It has a double doored entrance. You walk into a large living area which boasts two twin size pull down beds. There's a couch, a coffe table, flat screen tv, two burner stove, microwave, safe, closet, coffee maker, fridge, and two chairs in the living room area. From there you go thru a short hallway and it has two full baths with HOT water and a blow dryer. We were excited about that. Then we had a king size bed, a chair, a closet, and drawers for our clothes. We LOVED our room! It made our stay. The hotel is right on the beach, but also has a pool right on the beach which is kept very clean. The hotel restaurant is pretty good and also in the water, but right around the corner to the right of the hotel there is a yellow shack that sells meat patties for $2 . Delicious! Our stay included a breakfast buffet and we were impressed. One day they had beans and sausage and it was soooo good. It also included fresh fruit, omelettes, waffles, toasts, breads, stewed chicken, oj and the best coffee. It is really strong but really good. Oh yea amd the breakfast is held up on top of the lobby over looking the ocean. So beautiful. The staff was amazing and we had the same waitress the 5 days we were there. She was great. Oh yea...the ice machines don't really work that great but just go to the bar and they will fill up your ice bucket. Another thing...if you can, buy your alcohol duty free at the airport or on your flight,do that because anywhere you go the drinks are way over priced. Other than that we loved it and would def recommend over any other hotel we saw. This place didn't have many kids around so that was nice since it was just my husband and I. And the hotel allows topless sunbathing in the pool.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VanessaCampa
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Ahhhhh what can I say? Where do I begin? :-) I had my doubts about this hotel and I thought I would end up not liking it as I did one other that was located in the West End...but honestly, I have nothing but good things to say about this place. From the housekeeping staff, to the maintenance workers, they were all so friendly and very, very helpful. The rooms & bathrooms are very spacious, with ceiling fans and AC units. They also have a small in room safe. Toiletries provided are minimal, so make sure and bring your own. There is also a gift shop on premise, but closes around 5 or 6pm.

It was a deal on GROUPON that made me buy this and I must say that I have no regrets. It is NOT an all inclusive, but does provide complimentary breakfast. They do provide lunch and dinner but at a cost. With the deal purchased we were entitled to a 10% discount on all food and beverages, also on water sports equipment; like jet skis, para-sailing and you get a $20 credit towards getting a massage. We did not take advantage of the water sports or massage, but everything was right there on the beach.
They are located on a strip of hotels and they are tucked away, which makes for comfy and homey accommodations.Breezes & HEDO II not far away, along with Margarita-ville a few hundred feet away. Rick's Cafe a stone's throw away among other attractions & hotels.
Free Wi-fi is located in the lobby area and the dining area where breakfast is held, which is above the lobby/reception area. There is WI-fi in the rooms but has to be purchased and it cost $4.00US per day. Some rooms the connection is not as strong, so the lobby is your best bet.

The food was great. Hats off to "super star Alan" that does his thing with the jerk pork and jerk chicken. That's the best I have ever had and look forward to many more from him. One night we had snapper fillet curry run dung, curried goat, jerk chicken. Everything was delicious. Dishes range from $10 - $17US A glass of red wine is $7.50 so that should give you an estimate on things.

We are looking forward to another trip here and can't wait to start planning again.