“Negril Treehouse; Beach Front and Affordable!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Negril Treehouse; Beach Front and Affordable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this resort last year August 2012 with my family, and I absolutely enjoyed it! I have already booked another vacation for this coming August 2013. I purchased a deal through Living Social, which it seems many of you have. Reviews from Living Social are terrible when it comes to other products and services which may be due to the company and the fact that retailers claim that Living Social does not pay them in a timely manner, but I have already called Negril Treehouse resort with my vouchers and they have sent me confirmation for my stay.
During my last stay, I enjoyed the complimentary daily buffet breakfast. You literally live on the salt water beach which I absolutely love! Beware, there are stingrays in there and they do come fairly close to the shore; you may come across them while snorkelling. But not to worry! There is also a pool and hot tub! Now my sisters and I decided we would walk the beach to get to a party (do not try this). After about 20 minutes of walking, there was an area that you had to get into the water. Well we turned back as the crabs are out at night, and I dont play that. So we decided to walk the road instead. Big mistake; we were harassed by men like no tomorrow. Every night after that, we took a cab to the parties. Not to worry; Negril Treehouse Staff will hook you up with a driver!
The wifi did not work in my room, but I got a clear connection in the main common area so no worries there. The rooms were kept clean always. Be prepared for the mosquitos; they love some sweet blood. And if one gets in your room, kill it before it gets you! They bite non-stop. Once I fell asleep with one in my room and woke up to 5 bites on my back. Annoying.
This hotel is within proximity to downtown ( 5 minutes drive) and there are other hotels lined up on the beach which we ate at daily. Had to change it up sometimes.
Staff are quite friendly and helpful. Sometimes, you may need to put your foot down about something if it is not address right away, but the owner is wonderful about straightening things out or you.
I do not have complaints about this place; like I said I am returning!

Room Tip: Um... I happened to be in the suite which I absolutely loved. 1 king bed and 2 pull out bunks in the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Finnish first
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

First visit to Tree House for a group of 15. We are a mob of mature travelers with modest demands but this quaint older hotel/resort exceeded all expectation. Three of our group had stayed at Tree House in the past and had recommended this hotel for our clan.
Its like being guests in a friend's home. Gail and her staff are wonderful. When I walk by the kitchen and hear the staff singing, you know you are in the right place.
Located in the best of the beach (the Bar/Restaurant is literally in the water) within 100 meters of Margaritaville and 200 meters of a convenience store it is better than our hotel last year (Rooms).
Excellent full breakfast buffet with omelettes, waffles and very fresh fruit is part of the package. The breakfast buffet is served on the second open air floor with the best view ever.
Jacynth (sp) and the servers provided service well beyond what expect at this price range. You have to try the Jerk Pork cooked over a coal fired grill (also within inches of the sea). I hear the chicken was great too. Unfortunately they run out before the dinner hour. The Restaurant/Bar had a varied menu with all of the essentials of Jamaica with some North American standards.

Housekeeping was spotless and friendly.
This hotel/resort may not have all the amenities that the big all-inclusive resorts have, but if you aren't afraid of getting out of the walls and want to see some of the local people and culture of Negril, this is the place for you.
A place for young and old, the extensive greenery between buildings (6 single rooms/ building) kept the party noises to a minimum. My hat is off to the gardening staff who keep the plants trimmed and petals cleaned up.
To my knowledge there is no Spa or fitness center but the water sports and masseuse were used and appreciated by members of our group. I don't see much sense in a fitness center when you have the Caribbean and seven miles of the softest sand on any beach.
There is not a thing I have the slightest complaint about this hotel except it is too far away for me to visit regularly.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the main building are quieter as Manley Road can be noisy around midnight
5 Thank GGunner
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to Negril and our first to the Treehouse. The facility is clean and well maintained, maybe showing its age in a few places but overall a comfortable place. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. The room was clean, the air conditioning worked well, and there was always hot water for the shower. Be prepared for a few small ants but nothing worse than that. Each room had a patio table with chairs and a rope swing chair outside, it was great for our group. The beach was kept clean, the pool and hot tub were good too. Breakfast didn't vary too much but there were always good choices available. The hotel restaurant was good and there are many other restaurants close by. We were fortunate to have Norris of Norris Taxi and Tours look after our airport transfers and most of our trips round Negril.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sand_sun_dive_fun
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first trip out of the country and it was perfect. Gail is a wonderful host. I went on this trip with the African Drum Circle (an amazing group of people). This was an all inclusive trip which had so much to offer, the breakfast was amazing and so was dinner. There were a couple of birthdays on the trip and they made a cake with everyone's name on it, which was very nice. We stayed in Suite B (the only complaint I have is that the bathrooms need updated and exterminate a little better). We had some small ants (which the housekeeper did come spray, but they were still in there). But since we were out of the room majority of the time, it was not that bad. I will return next year and stay at the Tree House. Out of all of the resorts we walked past during our 4 day stay, Tree House was the best. The landscaping was awesome, the workers were great and Gail also offered an international phone that we could use for free (that was perfect). Big shout out to Cindy who put this trip together. I will stay longer next time also (6 days).

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Antionette3175
Marlborough, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My first time to Jamaica and this hotel in Negril was one of the best places in the Caribbean I ever stayed. It was small enough not to be overwhelming, but large enough to be efficient and very clean, with many extra services and activities offered. Our room was in one of the many octagonal buildings that housed maybe 3 or 4 units each. It was quiet, tastefully decorated, and above all, comfortable. The lush and well maintained landscaping was a perfect invitation to the Caribbean; there were native birds singing outside our windows every day. The beach lounge chairs were maybe 10 steps from the ocean and the bar/restaurant was literally IN the ocean. Prices were reasonable, especially for Red Stripe beer ($2.00 each) and for meals. The breakfast buffet was included in the price and was spectacular every morning. Made to order omelets and waffles and a host of other dishes. This section of the Negril 7 mile beach was the home of the smaller resorts and had more local flavor, which was just what we wanted. A security guard for the resort was always around so we never had to worry about our belongings on our beach lounges. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. It was excellent. My only regret was having to leave and come back to 10 degree temperatures in Northeast U.S.

1 Thank JackieMick55
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The location is perfect, the facilities are clean, and the staff could not be more accomodating or friendly. Just last week was our second stay, and we plan on making this a yearly trip. The Treehouse is right about in the middle of the 7 mile beach and just a short taxi ride to the cliffs. All of our taxis and excursions we booked through the Treehouse and could not have been more pleased.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie O
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Back from a fabulous stay with 18 friends in Negirl. Location and accommodations at the Tree House were right on and we plan to return next year. The staff there is amazing, breakfasts were great and believe they offer some of the best food on the miles of beach. Thanks to all at the Tree House for making our trip over the top!

• 3 of 5 bubbles