“The best staff imaginable!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Detroit, Michigan USA
“The best staff imaginable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Staying at Negril Tree House Resort is always a pleasure. For me, it's all about the staff. Upon entry, engaging front desk attendants will receive us. Both day and night attendants take extra care to refine every detail, from billing to special requests. A capable bell man is on hand at any hour to assist with luggage to or from our rooms. Go out onto the shoreline, even before sunrise, and the waterfront supervisor is combing the sand and setting up lounges for guests. For breakfast - held between 8 and 11 a.m. - the kitchen director offers a full compliment of island cuisine. Not only is the breakfast included in the room cost, it is absolutely genuine and extensive. A wonderful waitstaff is ever present on the mezzanine level to assist us. From the second-level dining area, we see a broad horizon view of ocean and sky. Truly amazing! Throughout the day, any destination can be achieved. Friendly on-site cab drivers are ready to take us anywhere we wish to go. If staying around the beautiful complex grounds is preferred, and a relaxing massage is desired, the more than qualified masseuses will accommodate. At lunch time, there is a unique opportunity to sit at a genuine jerk-chicken bar where the colorful and entertaining chef will prepare a wondrous culinary delight. Also, for lunch, there is the option of attending the seaside, open bar and restaurant. Be thrilled by an ocean view and passing sail craft while a professional wait staff takes care of everything. If lounging by the pool is a favorite, be assured that the pool engineer maintains a high standard for water purity and clarity. Any time we return to our rooms, know that the incredible housekeepers have made every effort to present to us the cleanest, neatest and most refreshing environment possible. Truly we are spoiled here at Tree House. In addition to the expected services, we can only marvel at the devoted and dedicated support staff. Constant diligence by gardeners, groundsmen, technicians, custodial personnel, dishwashers and table-busing persons, bartenders and waterfront guards make our stay a seamless experience. When visiting Jamaica, I always stay at Negril Tree House Resort. The people are wonderful here, and this is what truly counts for me. Detroit Guest

Room Tip: The entire complex is populated with lush plant life and bungalows are spread out nicely with intere...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank DetroitGuest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Finnish first
KNOXVILLLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have just returned from a 37 day stay at the TreeHouse. I have stayed many times but I must say the improvements that have been made to the property in the last year has been wonderful! The hotel staff ......all of them, are like returning home to my family. Always respectful and most certainly, always willing to help in any cause or need. Say hello, make a new friend that will remember you each time you return.

The gardens.....well exceptional! Their gardens were always very well maintained, now, even more lovingly tended ( and I thought this impossible) . More exotic plantings, more palm trees, more flowering plants. The difference is really ........for lack of a better word, Exceptional.

I had many plans to visit different day trip destinations on the Island but I was limited to only a few. I think the "sand gravity" has somehow increased it's power by at least 2 or 3 times since I was here last. Being stricken by it will certainly only bring pleasure.

Most of "Negril's Seven Mile Beach" has experienced erosion, this area is not an exception. I know that this is a concern of residents and owners of beach front hotels. I witnessed several meeting with ( from information I gathered) engineers, government officials and private individuals discussing possible solution to the problem not just for the Treehouse but for all of the Hotels on the beach impacted by this problem. With that said, the staff and even the owner take great pride in the cleanliness of the beach. I witnessed Ms. Jackson, the owner, picking up debris to the point of what I would consider exercise. The beach is kept raked and cleaned as required daily as we tourist lie baking on new lounge chairs with the Caribbean lapping gingerly at our feet. The beach bar, always my favorite spot, has become even more famous because of it's proximity to the water. New dining seating, new rails around the beach bar and new paint gives the area a very "well kept" vibe. The staff continues to deliver excellent service and attend to every need. The food, quickly delivered, which is in its self a novelty in Negril, and most tasty. I have never been disappointed. Oh......Try the bammy and vegetable soup (pumpkin base) here, it is as good as it gets. The breakfast continues to make us all wonder how it can be included in the very reasonably priced room. I still do not know how they do it.

The rooms, very clean always fresh towels, clean bathrooms in room safe (my Apple computer, I-phone 5 and I-pad laid about without any inkling of a problem) and new flat screen Televisions. I do not watch T. V. but I did flip through the channels. Great selection for viewers from all over, in different languages......if you watch T. V., you will feel at home. If you consider safety, security is second to none...you should feel very safe. The air conditioning, very comfortable and even in Room 4 ( just beside the kitchen) was very quiet in the mornings. I was never prematurely awakened by noise, my alarm always woke me up at 8:45 am. While I was there I did get up very early two mornings to view the 2012 Geminids. I laid by the pool two nights at 4 a.m. I lost count both nights but I know I witnessed hundreds of "shooting stars".......breathtaking really. The snorkeling in and around Negril, is world class....get out of the room, off the beach & stop in coves and places that are not normal for tourist to visit.....I will guarantee satisfaction if you give an effort and you might make new friends!

I can not say enough good things about these folks and the experience that is offered but it depends on you. You only can say "Yes".......push the button and experience the magic that is and of the TreeHouse, Negril, Jamaica! Hey tell them all Ricks says , "Yeah Mon"

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank rkcollier
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My mother and I just enjoyed an absolutely lovely five day stay at the Negril Treehouse Resort, thanks to a LivingSocial deal that we booked on a whim! My mom has never been anywhere tropical before, and I certainly hadn't been anywhere tropical WITH her, so this was a big adventure for both of us. Thankfully, it turned out beautifully!! This resort is simple but gorgeous. The staff are incredibly friendly and give good advice. The food at the restaurant, and of course Chef Allan's famous jerk chicken barbecues, are both absolutely delicious! Breakfast is wonderful as well. The view and the beach are both perfect, and our room was clean, spacious, and simple. The other guests staying at the resort were really kind, and we didn't feel uncomfortable or crowded at any time. All the vendors on the beach will quit pitching their goods to you with a simple 'no thanks'!
In terms of exploring the rest of Negril, a trip to Rick's Cafe for the view is worth it - but it is definitely a tourist trap. After about two hours there one evening, we were ready to get back to our Treehouse!! Walking along the Seven Mile Beach in either direction is lovely at any time of day.
I can't say enough about this gem of a small resort!! We had such a wonderful time. Don't miss the Treehouse!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Emily P
winchester, massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for 5 nights with our 2 sons, ages 22 and 18. We splurged on the oceanfront suite and were glad we did. The balcony had a hammock swing and table with chairs. Twin Murphy beds made the living room seem bigger, our bedroom had a real door, and best of all there were two bathrooms. Each morning we had the buffet breakfast which is good food served efficiently. The jerk chicken for lunch is better than what we ordered elsewhere in Negril. Each evening we went someplace else for dinner.
The Treehouse will set you up with jet skis and parasailing and snorkeling, all of which we enjoyed. The beach was lovely and the water is clean and warm. Yes, the vendors walking up and down the beach try to sell you stuff, but it isn't really a big deal. At this resort you still feel you are in Jamaica, it is not a Club Med type experience where one location is the same as the next. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice holiday, without over the top luxury.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed in this resort for 5 nights. This resort is right on the beach and is middle of the total 7 mile beach area. We loved our stay at this resort. Our room was very nice and clean. They had a clean pool and jacuzzi as well. Breakfast at this resort was fantastic. Fresh fruits were served everyday along with eggs made to order any style with waffles, fresh toast and some other healthy options such as oatmeal, cornmeal, grits. They would also have one of the traditional jamaican dishes such as ackee and salt fish or brown stew chicken along with Calaloo, which was delicious. During out stay they was a cocktail night when they had drinks and snacks served to all their guest while we interact with each other. We had a line dance class one night as well, which was so much fun. The owner was a very sweet lady who went around every morning to table at breakfast and asked if we enjoyed our stay. Overall, we had a pleasant stay. We will definitely go back to stay at this resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bebo23
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

First i want to say thank you to all of the staff at the Tree House. One of the things that has remained constant over all of these years is the incredible staff. To Gail Jackson, thank you once again. You have continued to make the Tree House a special place. Before I start rambling on, I am including pictures and video of the hotel and our ocean front room.

My wife and I were at the Tree House November 23rd to Dec 1st, 2012 along with my brother and sister in law. This was our 16th visit to the hotel, and the 5th time for my brother and his wife. We were married at the hotel Nov 1999, and traveled to the hotel as a couple first in 1996. I myself had visited Negril in 1989 while staying in Montego bay, and very soon realized I was coming back as soon as possible.

We were picked up at the airport by a friend from the Tree House, and arrived around 5:30PM, just at sunset. Getting out of Montego Bay took a little longer as Late afternoon traffic is quite busy and school is getting out. As we drove closer to Negril the familiar sounds and smells began to appear and of course all of the landmarks we have come to know. The plants and flowers are extremely abundant this year. When you arrive at the Tree House you are taken into a beautiful location with a open air lobby that allows you to see what is coming next. There is a new girl at the desk we haven't met before who greets us with a big warm smile. By now we have made contact with more staff who we recognize and all ready I begin to get on Jamaica Time.

The lobby looks great, new work has been done, tile, decor etc and without exception, very clean. Great work Gail, small changes are fantastic, and just enough. We have our bags delivered to the room by Jermaine whom again we have got to know over the years. My wife and I always stay in an Ocean Front room (see pictures and Video) and my Brother stays in an upgraded room with Full Kitchen. As it was our first day the Housekeeping staff have welcomed us with a beautiful flower arrangement on the turned down bed. Also we quickly discovered that our room had new floors, bathroom fixtures, microwave, coffee maker art work and a few other things, Thank you again Gail and staff, looks great and not too much.

We go for dinner the first night at the Tree House as my brother was adamant we were having pork chops from the owners farm. Most of the food is provided locally from the family farm, and everything else is as fresh as can be. We have a great meal with great service and finally end up back on our balcony overlooking the sea and beach. ( see pictures). All rooms have a patio with table and chair, and some with swing chair. The ocean front room we get allows for entertaining guests and one of about 5 places with this view on 5 miles of beach.

By now it is very peaceful and relaxing at the Tree House but with many places not far away playing loud music with dancing and partying. You can make many choices in Negril for night life. The next morning the beach is raked, the chairs are set out with umbrella's and tables. Breakfast starts at 08:00, but again this is a family environment so if you need something before 8, you can certainly go up the breakfast area and ask. the one thing that I have always said is that you can have all of the peace you want here, or you can be spoiled by the staff all day long. Breakfast consists of Buffet with Ackee, saltfish, Callaloo, Bacon, dumplings, sausage, curried goat etc. Made to order ommelets, eggs and waffles are to die for. Also provided are bread, banana bread, lots of fruit, jams etc. The servers are great and the view is incredible. We were married on the patio where you have breakfast.

The beach is incredible, even though years ago it was deeper, it is still one of the best we have seen. For those of you who typically stay in an all inclusive where you don't leave or can't leave the property, it is much different here. Negril is open for everyone to enjoy the beach. This means that yes you will have vendors on the beach asking you to buy things, Fruit, massage, braiding, paintings, ganga etc. This for some is enough to ruin your holiday, but for us it is what brings us back year after year. Of course you will always have some vendors who don't like the words no thanks, but 98% of them are great people just trying to make a living and put food on the table. Again this year we were able to see a gentlemen with only one leg who walks up and down the beach all day long in very hot conditions with a makeshift cane, peddling his wares. It is really humbling when you see this knowing that back in Canada we have people sitting on the couch who won't wash dishes for minimum wage to pay the bills. Sorry, got off topic. Anyways, the ability to walk the entire stretch of beach and experience something different is a must. Also, walk outside the resort, it is amazing, the food, culture, shopping, the beat of the street. Don't be afraid, be smart, be safe and enjoy. Jamaican people are incredible.

The Tree house has a great pool, small hot tub and watersports. The beach bar is on the beach as close as you can get to the water. I want to share something with you. We attended the wake for a friends mom who had passed a week before went down. We left the hotel with a friend of ours at 9:30PM and drove for around 30 minutes up into the interior of Jamaica to where our friends mom lived. A place called Broughton. When we were within a block of the house we could here music and see lots of lights. As we reached her street, I was in amazement, there had to be at least 300 people outside celebrating. We slowly made our way up the street in the van and reached his mom's place. We got out of the van and were taken into his mom's house and introduced to his Step father and many siblings. We had a beer with the family and payed our respects before heading outside to the party. On the front lawn of the house was a band playing with so many speakers piled on top we couldn't hear anything. We ended up on the street in a mass of Jamaican people partying until 12:30 or so before asking our friend to take us back to the hotel. I can honestly say that we had many emotions during the evening, especially when sometimes we would look at each other and wonder if we really should be their. But not once did we ever feel fear. I am quite sue that the entire crowd was well aware of why we were their, as we certainly stuck out. It was the most amazing experience we have ever had, and hard to describe. All I can say, is go out explore, ask questions and learn something other than the resort you are staying in.

I would be pleased to answer any questions regarding the Tree House and to offer advise. You will be well looked after here, but not coddled. The hotel is very clean, the food is great, the staff amazing and the location is the best.

Thanks again to all of the staff. I could ramble for ever about this place.

Marg and Jeff ( video to follow. I need to convert before I can save to here.

Room Tip: Ocean front suites are great. Share with couple or single. Some rooms with full kitchen for family...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Skinno
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Treehouse from Dec 8, 2012 for a week. We both recommend it especially if you are looking to beach and swim. We never had a problem getting beach chairs or an umbrella. The place had a good flow of nice guests, but we never felt crowded.

The included breakfast was perfect and provided enough variety for the week. There were many places to walk for lunch for dinner. "The Singing Moviestar" at our beach grill did make an excellent Jerk Chicken platter for lunch (highly recommended). The nicer dinner places are about 5 miles away in the cliff area. Some cliff restaurants provided pick-up service. We paid between 10 to 15 USD for taxis back to the resort.

Bring earplugs if you need quiet at night. The tree frogs were loud at night. The air conditioner in our room also had a few extra rattles in it.

The rooms do not have hair dryers and the front desk does not always have one to loan out. I would recommend that you bring your own if needed. The outlets are the same as the US.

Our first night we requested them to fix the low water flow in our shower, and they corrected it with a new shower head :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple