“Negril Treehouse Resort--wonderful hideaway”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Helena, Alabama
“Negril Treehouse Resort--wonderful hideaway”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We arrived on Oct. 4th to celebrate our anniversary. Everything was wonderful. We were picked up from the Montego Bay airport by Kenny's Travel. We were using a voucher from Living Social so airport transfers were included. The moment we arrived at the resort we were treated like family. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was quaint but very, very clean. I have stayed at 5 Star hotels that were not as clean. The beach was beautiful and the ocean was beautiful. Breakfast was prepared daily, so we were full until dinner. Taxis were expensive, but to play it safe we used the taxi service offered by the hotel. Both of the hotel drivers, Trevor and Clive, were friendly and made great suggestions on where to eat and visit. We enjoyed the local tourist attractions, Town Square and Ricks. On our last night we had a romantic dinner at The Rock, it was well worth the visit. Dinner at Treehouse was not very appealing, so I do not recommend it. Instead there is a great place next door to Treehouse and several really good places on the beach. Back to the staff, Jermaine (the bellman) and the waitress staff were excellent. Every time they encountered us at the resort they wanted to be sure we were OK and asking if we needed anything. I had a massage on the beach by Sherry, it was excellent. Just the experience of having a massage on the beach was exhilarating. I did not invest in the tours or the glass boat rides. Instead we spent our 5days on the beach, visiting downtown Negril, and finding places to eat. This is a great place to visit and as stated earlier the staff is exceptional. There were earlier reviews about the people who hassle you on the beach but with a simple no they move on. After 5 days and 4 nights, it was hard to leave. Our trip to the airport was very comfortable. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who plans to travel to Negril. This is our new found hideaway and where we plan to celebrate future anniversaries. Going in the off season was a great added benefit because there were no crowds.

Cons, no refrigerator in the room and taxi rides are expensive

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean view that would be highly recommended. The AC was noisy but functioning.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cynthia H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
Elko, MN
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've been to Negil numerous times over the years, and although I've been at the Tree House, I never actually stayed there until this past June when we went there on a whim. Being accustomed to how "Jamaican time" works, I was thrilled to actually get to talk to Gail (the owner)on the phone, make a quick reservation with transportation and arrive just two days later. Upon arrival, a great desk staff greeted us and immediatly delivered us to our room, which was clean, spacious and had a huge bathroom! We chose a garden front and loved the gardens everywhere, and the swings outside of everyroom are so wonderful that you'll want to sneak one home (but please don't as I plan on using them for years!). The beach was only steps away, and what a beach, you won't find a better one! The jerk chicken on the beach for lunch is great, and we enjoyed the buffet breakfast everyday which is fab!! I don't know where they get the ginger syrup- but YUM!! If you get the chance, make sure to attend Gail's reception or a morning paddle board (she has the nice ones, be sure to rent one- you'll love it!). The staff was great, they were there when you needed them, but also gave you privacy, they even went above and beyond when I had a bad sunburn, fining me aloe and applying it. Casita at the front desk was extremely helpful, and I highly reccomend you contact her should you need anything. This place was so great, we're taking 16 of our closest friends there this coming January.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank jeri p
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I just returned from a 10 day vacation in Jamaica. We met 3 other couples at the Tree House in Negril where we all stayed for the duration of our vacation. I have to say it is one of the most beautiful accommodations on the seven mile beach. The rooms are very clean and the service is excellent. We enjoyed a breakfast each morning consisting of American and Jamaica foods to choose from. We had coffee brought to our room every morning to start the morning off right. The staff is very responsive making sure you have everything you need to be comfortable. We recommend the Tree House to anyone that wants a clean, safe and beautiful hotel on one of the most popular beaches in the world. Oh yeah... we love the bar on the beach!!!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room, you will see spectacular sun rises and sunsets
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Treehouse. Had a great time. Gail and her staff went out of their way to make our stay a good one.

From the airport the Treehouse was about 1.5 hours. (The roads are much better now than they were last time we were there in 97)'.

From the time we arrived until the morning we left we were always greeted with a hello or can I help you.

The Treehouse sits on part of Negril's beautiful seven mile beach. The water is clear blue for miles!

The rooms are spacious and clean. We had not one complaint. They are updated and decorated beautiful. Each unit has it's own A/C that you control. (very important for these travelers)

The food was good. If you visit you must eat the pizza and order extra cheese! We would also recommend the red snapper! yummmm.

I give the Negril Treehouse a 5 out of 5 stars!

Thanks Gail,

We'll see you next year!

Leon& Cheryl

• Stayed September 2012
GR, MI
Reviewed September 24, 2012

September of 2012 went back for yet another visit to the Tree House. My home away from home as I like to refer to it as. Staff-awesome. Beach-awesome. Room-awesome. If you want "The" place to stay on Negril Beach it would be the Tree House. Thank you to everyone at the hotel for making this an awesome hotel.

Room Tip: If you dont like air conditioning then get an East facing room so the sun doesnt bake you in the lat...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I just got back from spending a five night stay at this hotel.

Cons:
No internet/fridge in room
*do not trust the taxi guys from hotel they overcharge. Esp donald. Its best to go outside and catch your own local taxi which cost 100jamaican dollars.
Food is expensive at the hotel.....dont buy there. Its not worth. No taste thawed overnight no salt no flavor food. But the free breakfast is good. But other than that font buy lunch or dinner at the hotel. Not enough authentic jamaican food. I came to jamaica for a reason.
Staff was ok. But if you black you dont get treated the same way as a white person. They were friendly to a point. I felt a difference to how i was treated and greeted verus the with guest.
Dont do the glass bottom boat its not worth its 40$ smh do go expecting nothing amazings. Waste of money.
Peddler was pesky but when you need something it was offered to you such as rent a dread. Pineapple kush. Cooked lobster etc.. lol
Dont trust the travel desk prices way way way overpriced!!!!!
Bar over charge on liquer when you can get the same liquer/beer for far less of a price just a few feet away.

Pro
Great location. Great clean hotel/beach
Room is lovely
Not kid friendly but a lil kid accomadating
Free Breakfast was great
Great views

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank yashikafuture
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is my second visit to the tree house and I once again, I felt completely at home and at peace.

PROS:
(1) there's enough land where you're not so close to the water and you can sit/lay in the sun further from the foot foot traffic (read:peddlers whose constant calling out will wake you from a good nap). There are ample chairs, umbrellas, and side tables for books and drinks.

(2) you are centrally located on Seven Mile Beach no more than a 10-minute drive from anything you may need or want to explore in Negril.

(3) clean beach towels! You can trade one for another as many times as you like.

(4) Free delicious breakfast! You have the option of traditional meals (ackee & saltfilsh, brown stew chicken, escovietch, dumplings, callaloo, etc.) or American breakfasts (eggs, waffles, oatmeal) and plenty of fresh fruit, tea, coffee, and OJ.

(5) I haven't taken advantage of the massages on the beach, but they look like a nice indulgence and the ladies do appear to really work on you :)

CONS:
(1) Standard rooms are not furnished with mini refrigerators. This means that buying beers, wines, and cold bottled water from their restaurant (rather than for cheaper in town) your only option.

(2) The lunch and dinner menu is pretty terrible. Everything appears reheated or thawed and microwaved, traditional foods lack flavor and re overpriced and "salad" consists of the bottom of a an iceberg head with cucumbers, tomato, and carrots. Do breakfast at the Tree House but if you're serious about lunch and dinner, go elsewhere. I was always stuffed from breakfast and would do a late lunch at Shereta's (Sea Wind Resort's restaurant is a 3-5 minute walk east) or but fruit, juice, or $1 beef/chicken patties from the vendors walking the beach. For dinner, I recommend Cosmos for authentic traditional cuisine and Catch a Falling Star or Xtabi in the cliffs.

(3) You have to pay for wireless in your rooms but it is free, and fast in the lobby, or just above the lobby on the terrace where breakfast is served.

All and all, a truly fantastic vacation experience, as always. I'm also sending a big thank you to Stacy and Janice for all of their kindness and hospitality :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank tobah99