“Great groupon deal, would recommend but.......”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I just got back from spending a five night stay at this hotel.

Cons:
No internet/fridge in room
*do not trust the taxi guys from hotel they overcharge. Esp donald. Its best to go outside and catch your own local taxi which cost 100jamaican dollars.
Food is expensive at the hotel.....dont buy there. Its not worth. No taste thawed overnight no salt no flavor food. But the free breakfast is good. But other than that font buy lunch or dinner at the hotel. Not enough authentic jamaican food. I came to jamaica for a reason.
Staff was ok. But if you black you dont get treated the same way as a white person. They were friendly to a point. I felt a difference to how i was treated and greeted verus the with guest.
Dont do the glass bottom boat its not worth its 40$ smh do go expecting nothing amazings. Waste of money.
Peddler was pesky but when you need something it was offered to you such as rent a dread. Pineapple kush. Cooked lobster etc.. lol
Dont trust the travel desk prices way way way overpriced!!!!!
Bar over charge on liquer when you can get the same liquer/beer for far less of a price just a few feet away.

Pro
Great location. Great clean hotel/beach
Room is lovely
Not kid friendly but a lil kid accomadating
Free Breakfast was great
Great views

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank yashikafuture
Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is my second visit to the tree house and I once again, I felt completely at home and at peace.

PROS:
(1) there's enough land where you're not so close to the water and you can sit/lay in the sun further from the foot foot traffic (read:peddlers whose constant calling out will wake you from a good nap). There are ample chairs, umbrellas, and side tables for books and drinks.

(2) you are centrally located on Seven Mile Beach no more than a 10-minute drive from anything you may need or want to explore in Negril.

(3) clean beach towels! You can trade one for another as many times as you like.

(4) Free delicious breakfast! You have the option of traditional meals (ackee & saltfilsh, brown stew chicken, escovietch, dumplings, callaloo, etc.) or American breakfasts (eggs, waffles, oatmeal) and plenty of fresh fruit, tea, coffee, and OJ.

(5) I haven't taken advantage of the massages on the beach, but they look like a nice indulgence and the ladies do appear to really work on you :)

CONS:
(1) Standard rooms are not furnished with mini refrigerators. This means that buying beers, wines, and cold bottled water from their restaurant (rather than for cheaper in town) your only option.

(2) The lunch and dinner menu is pretty terrible. Everything appears reheated or thawed and microwaved, traditional foods lack flavor and re overpriced and "salad" consists of the bottom of a an iceberg head with cucumbers, tomato, and carrots. Do breakfast at the Tree House but if you're serious about lunch and dinner, go elsewhere. I was always stuffed from breakfast and would do a late lunch at Shereta's (Sea Wind Resort's restaurant is a 3-5 minute walk east) or but fruit, juice, or $1 beef/chicken patties from the vendors walking the beach. For dinner, I recommend Cosmos for authentic traditional cuisine and Catch a Falling Star or Xtabi in the cliffs.

(3) You have to pay for wireless in your rooms but it is free, and fast in the lobby, or just above the lobby on the terrace where breakfast is served.

All and all, a truly fantastic vacation experience, as always. I'm also sending a big thank you to Stacy and Janice for all of their kindness and hospitality :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank tobah99
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Treehouse is not new but it is quaint with lots of charm and is very inviting. The rooms are very clean and the grounds are also well maintained. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. We found the beds very comfortable.
Ralston, the bartender, makes the best dirty bananas. Be sure to order some you will not be sorry. The food is great - especially the breakfast food and their red snapper - yum!
Sometimes the vendors on the beach can be a bit much but the security at the Treehouse is great at keeping them away. I travelled with my daughter and felt very safe there.
The weather and the beautiful beach were A1! We had an awesome vacation there and plan to return. Just make sure to bring some bug repellent.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Suzanne R
Reviewed September 8, 2012

NTH has.....
Wonderful staff
Outstanding food
Clean and well-maintained guest rooms and grounds
....everything you could want (in addition to blazing sun, clear blue skies and the clearest tropical water and softest white sand on the planet!)

What are you waiting for???!

Fyi- I enjoyed the vibe of the "off season". It was not too busy/ crowded and the various vendors were willing to knock off some of the usual costs. Had a Great time. I will be back!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Although Hurricane Isaac was pushing its way through, our time spent at The Treehouse this year was excellent. Breakfast was amazing as always (I'm dying for that Jamaican sausage and beans recipe btw). The staff here is what brings us back! They're more than hospitable. Everyone is willing to help you in any way they can :) we love being able to catch a cab into town for shopping and meeting the locals! We even walked from the Treehouse into town! It took a while, but the people we met along the way was well worth the walk! Can't wait to be back!!!! <3 The Mosleys!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Dawnmariehas4
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Upon arrival at the Negril Treehouse Resort it seems very unassuming but once you step out of the Kenny Tour Van in to paradise you see why people love this place. I was blown away by the hospitality and courteous staff. Whatever you needed they made it happen. We checked in very quickly (Thank you Shenelle) and found out we were booked in a Garden Suite. Wow this place was large and very nice. Suite I will always be my second home in Jamaica (two bath and kitchen). It was wonderful to arrive before 11 am and be able to check in and hit the beach. I felt as if I had walked into a picture on my computer it was gorgeous and the views spectacular. The breakfast was good and hearty (thank you Omlete Lady). Stacy, Leon, Jacinth, Ralston and many others made me feel like I was home; like I was one of their own. Janice at the front desk and Cher with a wonderful massage. If you go to Negril you have to stop by the Negril Treehouse Resort! Thank you Gail.

Room Tip: See if you can get a beach front!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Daspokesman
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I cannot thank the Negril Treehouse ENOUGH...From the momment I was picked up at the airport by Kenny Tours to my first interaction the service was A+!! The staff was friendly and really really nice : Patrick, Ralston, Shenelle(love her), Andrea for the BEST massage, Leon, Eric ....My room wasnt ready and they accommodated me immediately to ensure my needs were met. The property was always clean, staff pleasant, and food terrific! There is NO better view of 7 mile beach or a bar other than the Negril Treehouse. I purchased the Living Social deal and can truly say it was worth every penny and more!!! Security was never an issue, I always felt safe and truly enjoyed my stay. Not only did I relax, I had the opportunity to make some new professional friends that I am planning a trip with for next year!!! I can say that I have been coming to Negril since I was 18 and have stayed at many other resorts, but Negril Treehouse is by far the BEST! I thank the staff, the owners and consider them family..I actually made a YOUTUBE video about my room and how nice the staff was at the Negril Treehouse. Please check it out to see my suite!! I was in Suite A for those that want to know!! You will NOT be disappointed...Soon Come Negril Treehouse!!!!

My Negril Treehouse video!!! Cant you see how happy I am!!! ;o) Carla