“Golf in Jamaica? Ya Mon!”

Negril Hills Golf Club
Ranked #28 of 52 Outdoor Activities in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Hilly course with a beautifully landscaped green, offering a very challenging shot at the ninth hole.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Did not know what to expect. The course is hilly, dry very playable, and a good test of shotmaking skill. Caddies are mandatory, but consider that a great plus. Knowing where to put the ball is really important out there and you can make some nice shots if you have a knowledgable caddie. Strongly, like really strongly suggest a buggy! It's really hilly, the ground is hard and it's hot out there. The cart helps a lot. Normally, I am a walker, but have played it twice already and have a time for one more round before we leave. Trust, me, use a cart out there!
My caddie's name is Sharon. She, as eel as most of the caddies, plays at a competitive level herself when not working and has a very good feel for the course and for the game itself. I hear they are all good. I will request her though whenever I return. She loves the game and her enthusiasm is contagious!
Negril Hills is a golf course carved out of the Jamaican countryside. It is not a pristine, American country club,but if you love the game as much as I do, you will instantly see the unique beauty of it and fall under it's spell, just like everything else in Jamaica.
This is a strong recommendation. There are not many courses anywhere near close to most of the resorts,so, yes, it's Negril Hills or nothing, but thank goodness that the course is there and represents a good test of your skills. Bring all your clubs. You're going to hit every one in the bag!

4  Thank Grady95
"shoes"
"vacation"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband played a round while I rode along in the cart. Beautiful, well-kept course with a challenge. Had a great time golfing with the help of a very knowledgeable, pleasant caddy. Yes, we will do this again if we get back to Negril

1  Thank Dina M
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had never goofed outside of Canada before. This was included with our resort package. Course was a challenge for me, being a part time player. Was given a caddy for the day (Marvin), who was very helpfull. Was glad I only played 9 holes, as I wasn't used to the heat and humidity!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is probably the cheapest place to golf in Jamaica, but don't let that fool ya. It's a nice course. Lots of rolling hills and challenging greens. My caddy (Rayon) (and you can't play without one), was very helpful and probably saved me about 10 strokes. It's a pretty open course and not a lot of palm trees to get in your way. I rented a mid-level set of clubs ($25) and played just fine with those, even though the grips were pretty worn. My round with caddy and clubs came to $101. And no....there are no crocadiles here.

3  Thank Nick F