“BEST FOOD IN NEGRIL!!!!!”
Review of Jacko and Jennys Restaurant - CLOSED

Jacko and Jennys Restaurant
Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“BEST FOOD IN NEGRIL!!!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stumbled on to what is now called Jennys last year. The smell of the food lead me in. Connie had me hooked after only one meal. I had several places I wanted to go but I only went to Jennys. This year was a little different my Wife was with me and we have different taste.Right away she love the stewed Pork. Needless to say we will stop there every time we're in Negril!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ellmackey

Moose Jaw, Sask
“Little piece of Texas right in Negril!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Best Fried Chicken ever...you'll want to keep licking your fingers after the chicken is gone! huge portions great service! CHEAP! Ate here 4 times during our 10 day trip but was day 3 before we found it!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank seamus99
Louisiana
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

In August, 2011, we visited C&D's Country & Western Roadside Pub, which was run by Connie Jackson. We had a great time and were amused by a C&W bar in Jamaica!! When we returned this year, C&D had been combined with Jenny's Restaurant next door. Connie was still there with her big smile. Last year we promised to return & have fried chicken. We did & enjoyed it greatly. Fried chicken, fries & salad for $6!! Wow! We highly recommend this place to everyone. Safe, no hustlers, friendly service, a great price--& country music!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank 0704couple
Montreal, Canada
“New life in a Local restaurant”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited the new combined Jennies and C&D Country bar and was very pleased. The atmosphere is comfortable and the people were genuinely warm and hospitable. The local Jamaican food was fresh and delicious. The combined food and atmosphere were enough to have me return but the prices clinched it. For a pleasant relaxing meal on the cliffs I recommend Jenny's and for an experience stay for a good chat over some cakes and country music!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dasha15
Stout, Ohio
“CLOSED!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

It is true that this WAS an excellent place, but Jenny passed on a few years ago and Jacko, her son, ran it for a while, but apparently has decided not to continue. The place was all boarded up when we went this year in March. SO SAD!! I love remembering how Jenny kept the place so clean and provided the community with such EXCELLENT delicacies, especially her Coca Bread and her Escovich fish. I asked a local cook about Jacko, and heard he was " kickin' back, just enjoying life"....... At any rate, no one is cooking at Jenny's, but her nephew is still cooking up the Escovich fish at the pool hall just down the road , on the same side of the road a Jenny's - closer to town. The fish was EXCELLENT!! Very Fresh! We saw them preparing it in their little kitchen with the onion and peppers, and were so thrilled to find this still being prepared like Jenny made it. The pool hall is nice and clean with very clean restrooms as well. I recommend those who liked Jenny's fish stop in at the pool hall and give this fish a try. You'll find the proprietor sitting out front at a picnic table. He's friendly and accommodating and preserving a wonderful Jamaican traditional recipe!!

• Visited March 2012