“Delicious, authentic Jamaican cuisine! ”

Sweet Spice Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 215 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We asked our private guide to take us to someplace where the locals go for some “real” Jamaican food! He took us here and it was phenomenal! We had the curried goat and oxtail. Both great dishes. You could see a steady stream of locals coming through to get takeout so you know it’s a legit place for “real” Jamaican food!!!!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place has a lot of traditional Jamaican dishes like oxtail, stew beef, cow foot, etc. I believe it is connected with the Sweet Spot restaurant on the Seven-Mile Beach. I have been going there for quite a few years but this was my first time at Sweet Spice. The place is a decent size. Looks like there is seating for about 25 people. I wanted to get some conch, which is out of season, but I sometimes can find. This year I couldn't find it but I got some good pork and beef here. They usually add rice and peas, which is a Jamaican staple and a small side of fresh veggies. This place offers something the other one doesn't: blended juices. They have beetroot, banana, pineapple and more. I don't remember how much I paid but in a touristy spot, I do remember thinking it was reasonable. Don't eat at those hotels. Get out and try some good authentic Jamaican food .

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Local place with good authentic food. The steamed veggie option on the menu was quite blah. Didn't see any other vegetarian options. The rest of the family enjoyed the goat curry, curry chicken, stewed beef.

Don't go expecting local food in a fancy environment. The restaurant is very dark (i don't know why) and a bit outdated in terms of design. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking to support local businesses and enjoy a authentic Jamaican meal.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel to Jamaica often, particularly Negril. Every time I go, I always stop at Sweet Spice. Their Curried Goat, Fried Chicken, Shrimps (even though I no longer eat shrimp) and Curry Chicken...oooh Jesus...is so damn good! Lol. Please go there, you will not regret it!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Listen!!! If I don't do anything else when I go to Negril, Sweet Spice is a MUST!!! Best curry chicken EVER!!

Date of visit: September 2018